Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-16-2016, 02:22 PM   #121
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Ordered.

Now we need a lifesize Blue Raptor bust.
Better yet...a life size 1-1 Blue Raptor.....
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 02:40 PM   #122
FROBAY
Phoenix

Ordered
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 02:47 PM   #123
Python
Omega Red

This looks great, I like it..
Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 08:02 PM   #124
John Hammond
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Where is the creativity in this bases?

John Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 08:07 PM   #125
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hammond View Post
Where is the creativity in this bases?

you my friend, have some balls whats "creative" for you then?
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 08:25 PM   #126
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

To be honest, just my opinion, but if these dino maquettes that Paul is creating aren't iconic in any way to the movies, to me, they feel like a regular dinosaur. That stegosaurus in that picture doesn't have any impact to anything to what I liked about the movie, and I have zero interest from at all purchasing it.

Now, if he made a diorama, with an ill Triceratops and dr. Grant on top of its stomach, listening to it breathe, and its in scale with break out rex, and the Raptor kitchen scene, and continues with other in scale scenes, I'll be solely invested in the license. I just feel he shouldn't waste his time on maquettes when others can just invest in sideshows dinosauria line if they just want dinosaurs.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:04 PM   #127
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
To be honest, just my opinion, but if these dino maquettes that Paul is creating aren't iconic in any way to the movies, to me, they feel like a regular dinosaur. That stegosaurus in that picture doesn't have any impact to anything to what I liked about the movie, and I have zero interest from at all purchasing it.

Now, if he made a diorama, with an ill Triceratops and dr. Grant on top of its stomach, listening to it breathe, and its in scale with break out rex, and the Raptor kitchen scene, and continues with other in scale scenes, I'll be solely invested in the license. I just feel he shouldn't waste his time on maquettes when others can just invest in sideshows dinosauria line if they just want dinosaurs.
i understand what you are saying, but imagine having a stan winston maquette in the living room. i really like the "reference" style of the maquettes. it just gives this movie "production" style statue. i dont know how to describe it, but for me its like having a movie prop.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:48 PM   #128
Manu81
The Spirit

I understand booth of you.it depends in which are your interests. I am more interested on dioramas for instance and I am buying the breakout because of the scene, the pose and the fence. same with the raptors in the kitchen. I feel these as perfect representations of the movies.
but also I amb with tamaboy because for instance, busts are not dioramas at all and are great representations of the movies too! I think it is also a question of the dinosur represented in the maquette...
sorry for my english! paul bring us soon the raptors in the kitchen and more videos of the t rexbreak out please! lol
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:05 PM   #129
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Smh..... the maquettes are just that maquettes made for production minus the base paul added they dont have complex bases they are literally just for designing the models and character.
these are SWS maquettes not some made up dino. Its what CC is about bringing you props/film history and unique pieces not made before.

Also regardless of your SF name the other original bases you came up with are bad lol So unoriginal and uninspired to just have the island outline and cliche dino skull. The godziilla base that just says godzilla lol
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 04:36 AM   #130
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I also prefer dioramas more than maquettes. I think that CC made a booom, a breakout on the market with the Breakout Rex, that was something different comparing to what we could get from Sideshow or Horizon. But I also can't say that the maquettes are lazy, or just regular dinosaurs. If I would own one of them, I would have a feeling that I have one of the screen used pieces.

What more iconic scenes do you guys want from Paul?

Breakout scene is done.
Baby raptors will be done.
Sick Triceratops with Dr Grant will be done.
Nedry vs Dilophosaurus will be done.
Raptors in the kitchen will be done.
"When dinosaurs ruled the earth" probably not because Sideshow made a similar piece.
The only iconic scene that is missing is with Brachiosaurus turning his neck or lifting himself (or herself to be more precisely) on rear legs, and Clever Girl scene

I love TLW, but I really can't remember any iconic scene that captured my imagination as those scenes from JP. Maybe only T-Rex roar in San Diego, or Breakout from SS Venture. The scene where Bull and female eats Eddie is impossible probably because of the Mercedes, the same reason why there are no Explorers on Breakout diorama

I will not comment JP3, the only thing that is worth is Spinosaurus maquette. Just my opinion.

For JW, we get Indominus vs Rex diorama, Owen with Blue and maybe something more

Again, I'm asking what are those iconic scenes and dioramas that you want, and which are not promised by Paul to be done?
Yeah, I forgot there are also 1/6 human characters line.
I think the main problem is that people are impatient and don't read all the post in different threads. Everything will be done, just not in the particular order.
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote