Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-15-2017, 05:10 AM   #91
noctu
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Sideshow Freaks member asked Prime 1 on Facebook if they had license they wrote back no official confirmation. Not sure what this is suppose to mean.
Any new Information about this situation? I need more lotr Statues!
noctu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:37 AM   #92
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

That means they have no official information to share at this time.

Can't always give out details pertaining to certain licenses. It was only just teased November of last year, so not much time has even passed.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:56 PM   #93
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Sideshow Freaks member asked Prime 1 on Facebook if they had license they wrote back no official confirmation. Not sure what this is suppose to mean.
To me, it sounds like Prime 1 spoke too soon. I've contacted both Prime 1 and John Pham on this issue and I can't even get them to respond to my inquiries. And all I've asked them is whether or not they have the licence. You would think that a pretty easy question to answer in light on Kelvin Loke's Nov. 10th announcement that Prime 1 has a worldwide licence to produce 1/4 scale LOTR characters, but apparently not.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:51 PM   #94
dao2
Cyclops

AFAIK Kelvin (or is it Kevin?) is just a big retailer with them or something and doesn't actually worth for them directly? And while he has a lot of good news and does spread a lot of true info he's not really an official source is he? So stuff he says can be changed.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:42 PM   #95
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

He owns Shioktoys, which is an official distributor for Prime 1.

Again, it's not a matter of it being "easy" to confirm. It's a matter of what can be confirmed and when it can be confirmed.

Initially, it was just asked what is desired from the license. They've done this before with Warhammer (before it was official).
Old 03-20-2017, 09:06 PM   #96
craigcliff1
Zot

Sideshow announced they had Spider-Man 2 license and Hobbit, then gave them up with no product. So who knows with these companies, they do such weird and stupid things. Pay for a license and then just let sit and produce no product.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:16 PM   #97
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
He owns Shioktoys, which is an official distributor for Prime 1.

Again, it's not a matter of it being "easy" to confirm. It's a matter of what can be confirmed and when it can be confirmed.

Initially, it was just asked what is desired from the license. They've done this before with Warhammer (before it was official).
Well that's still him not being an official announcer then? I'm not saying his info isn't good, but I don't think just cause he said it means that p1 made an official announcement. Also sometimes things fall through. It's not like it hasn't happened with SS and other companies (SS GOTG, Mummy, PCS Battleborn, MGS, etc).
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:37 PM   #98
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Well that's still him not being an official announcer then? I'm not saying his info isn't good, but I don't think just cause he said it means that p1 made an official announcement. Also sometimes things fall through. It's not like it hasn't happened with SS and other companies (SS GOTG, Mummy, PCS Battleborn, MGS, etc).
That's right. He's stated himself that he only receives teasers from Prime 1. Actual company knowledge is as much as the collectors know.

And the latter is very true.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:47 PM   #99
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Kelvin Loke is not only an official distributor [Shioktoys] for Prime 1, he runs the Prime 1 Collectors Group Facebook page. And concerning Prime 1 and their products he does not speak on his own. He passes on the information Prime 1 allows him to divulge, nothing more, nothing less. And he not only asked collectors which LOTR characters they want to see first, he announced Prime 1 were producing 1/4 scale statue on a worldwide licence. Anyone who thinks he did this on his own or wasn't speaking on behalf of Prime 1 is kidding themselves.

The fact that Prime 1 will not even confirm the existence of a licence they allowed Kelvin Loke to comment on 4+ months ago leads me to believe they either never had it, or they decided not to move forward with it. Time will tell, but this is starting to look eerily similar to the "on hold" [I think we all know what that means] Terminator licence Prime 1 promised us some 15+ months ago.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:21 AM   #100
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Finally some clarification. The LOTR announcement on the Prime 1 Collectors Group page was a poorly worded poll which a representative from Prime 1 had asked Kelvin Loke to post. Apparently, Prime 1 was simply attempting to gauge interest in a potential LOTR licence. The Prime 1 Alien/Predator and X-men 'announcements' are also nothing more than polls as well. So while Prime 1 may well in the future acquire licensing agreements for these franchises, they do not currently have licences for any of them.