Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-23-2017, 11:00 PM   #2161
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
At this point, Thanos has become THE Marvel villian so grouping him against cosmics or the Avengers works IMO.
Now we need a new SS Silver Surfer and a Nova (Richard Rider). I love my modern Bowen Nova but would really like to see SS create a 1/4 scale version. Nova with a Cosmo EX would be perfect.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:04 PM   #2162
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Which has zero to do with how many are made. Since these factories run line after line of statues one after the other. So the idea that lower ES has anything to do with QC is in your own heads, so yeah educate yourself.
You should educate yourself, if a factory produces less pieces their painters are less likely to get tired of doing their job and perhaps wouldn't half ass the paint app.

You also need to mind your own business since you always look to pounce on me for my posts. You are not a mod in this section to kick rocks.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:07 PM   #2163
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
You should educate yourself, if a factory produces less pieces their painters are less likely to get tired of doing their job and perhaps wouldn't half ass the paint app.

You also need to mind your own business since you always look to pounce on me for my posts. You are not a mod in this section to kick rocks.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:12 PM   #2164
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post

I like your mentality horror wise but when it comes to knowing everything about producing statues you and I know it all.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:15 PM   #2165
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

There's absolutely no evidence to prove that low es=better quality or vice versa. I can understand why someone would think that, but it's simply not the case. There has been both bad and good qc on low and high es statues.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:29 PM   #2166
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
There's absolutely no evidence to prove that low es=better quality or vice versa. I can understand why someone would think that, but it's simply not the case. There has been both bad and good qc on low and high es statues.
this.

a factory painter does exactly that...paint...for x hours per shift day after day. It is a job just like the rest of us have. whether they paint 5000 batmans or 10 ninja turtles...they paint.

qc has nothing to do with it. in fact, an argument can be made that doing the same thing over and over should make the final product better.

in reality, it boils down to the pride a worker has in doing their job. All of us have co-worker's who don't give a $hit and others who try their best. Why would it be any different in a factory in China.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:57 PM   #2167
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
this.

a factory painter does exactly that...paint...for x hours per shift day after day. It is a job just like the rest of us have. whether they paint 5000 batmans or 10 ninja turtles...they paint.

qc has nothing to do with it. in fact, an argument can be made that doing the same thing over and over should make the final product better.

in reality, it boils down to the pride a worker has in doing their job. All of us have co-worker's who don't give a $hit and others who try their best. Why would it be any different in a factory in China.
These people work on a time constraint for each project. That's all that QC works out to be; amount of statues needed to be completed in x amount of hours or x amount of days. I love these statues but if you think there are factory workers sitting there creating these out of passion and pride then you've just romanticized some idea.

So whether 1,000 or 5,000 it all boils down to cost of the project and time constraints based on project finish dates just like so many other industries.
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:31 AM   #2168
Mr.Mxyzptlk
Justice League

after seeing Thanos & how epic he looks, all i want Sideshow to do is King Blackbolt & Nova, and Silver Surfer*
Mr.Mxyzptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:00 AM   #2169
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

My cats breath smells like cat food
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:07 AM   #2170
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
My cats breath smells like cat food