Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-06-2017, 04:35 AM   #141
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
As soon as we get the two versions someone else would say "hey, her costume is really black!"
Well then at least we'll all finally agree on something - they'd be wrong!
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:54 PM   #142
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Most of us grew up on the animated series. I say a pearl white like the Bowen. And for peeps saying we have so many white costume statues out there, its not like we buy them all just cause they're available. IMO the bowen is an older looking statue that doesn't hold up and not in my cabinet.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:23 PM   #143
Jokerbone
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
Most of us grew up on the animated series. I say a pearl white like the Bowen. And for peeps saying we have so many white costume statues out there, its not like we buy them all just cause they're available. IMO the bowen is an older looking statue that doesn't hold up and not in my cabinet.
Agreed. No offense to anyone who does like that one, but it just doesn't work. Waiting for this Storm and an Iceman.

Jokerbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:15 AM   #144
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
But you're missing the bigger point that at least people who love the white suit have OPTIONS.

People who want the correct, comic Jim Lee colors have NO OPTIONS on the market. There is not one single statue, in any format or scale, that has the silver suit. None.

It's unfair, wrong, and for once I would like to see a company do it correctly. She is my end-all-be-all favorite comic book character ever. I have purchased many statues, original art, and comic commissions of her. For once, I would like the chance to own a true Jim Lee Silver Suit statue of her.

Imagine your favorite character always had their colors screwed up. And you have no options on the market. How would you feel?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:06 AM   #145
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

I think some of you are missing the point. The DRS line is based on Jim Lee's X-Men art. Also, the 90's animated series took inspiration from it too. What's wrong with wanting something true to the original? In my opinion, nothing beats comic book accuracy, but to each its own.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:11 AM   #146
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
I think some of you are missing the point. The DRS line is based on Jim Lee's X-Men art. Also, the 90's animated series took inspiration from it too. What's wrong with wanting something true to the original? In my opinion, nothing beats comic book accuracy, but to each its own.
So, you would prefer her to be silver as well?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:11 AM   #147
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Sarri is a man who understands.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:33 AM   #148
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
So, you would prefer her to be silver as well?
Why not?
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:01 PM   #149
RichBamf

Quote:
Who is this 'most of us'? All due respect but you talk in absolutes that aren't quantifiable. In this thread alone there are as many voice calling for silver as there are for white.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:23 PM   #150
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
But you're missing the bigger point that at least people who love the white suit have OPTIONS.

People who want the correct, comic Jim Lee colors have NO OPTIONS on the market. There is not one single statue, in any format or scale, that has the silver suit. None.

It's unfair, wrong, and for once I would like to see a company do it correctly. She is my end-all-be-all favorite comic book character ever. I have purchased many statues, original art, and comic commissions of her. For once, I would like the chance to own a true Jim Lee Silver Suit statue of her.

Imagine your favorite character always had their colors screwed up. And you have no options on the market. How would you feel?
Agree 100%.

it's like there only being a green Poison Ivy, or only an Archangel.