Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-03-2017, 02:17 PM   #5891
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

delete
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 03:46 PM   #5892
Skylover
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Non-canon characters are off limits. Since there continues to be some changes of once non-canon to canon that could bring about some kind of revisit in the future with the line.
Is it specific to Sideshow ? and if so why ? I ask because Gentle Giant has a Darth Revan this year and Hasbro has Jaina Solo, both non canon characters.
Skylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:03 PM   #5893
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atimantium View Post
Alex You are good to us. Since you can't tell us what X-Men character can you tell us if it's a character that has already been done by Sideshow in 1/4 scale?
Sorry, I'm not at liberty to disclose that info at this time. Y'all will just have to wait and see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Hi Alex, any new Marvel or DC females for SDCC 2017?
Unfortunately the list for what will be at the show isn't locked in. All I can is that DC will have representation at the show but I cannot confirm any further details beyond that since products are slipping in and out for show a lot right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Hi Alex, can you hint toward any DC surprises for SDCC?
There will be DC pieces at the show, yes! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
Hi Alex,

Are there any new Alien pieces in the works, apart from the new Warrior statue that was shown recently? Is there a plan to release a Ripley PF at some point?
There are more Alien pieces in the work. As to what they will be...I'm not allowed to say at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylover View Post
Is it specific to Sideshow ? and if so why ? I ask because Gentle Giant has a Darth Revan this year and Hasbro has Jaina Solo, both non canon characters.
Apologies as I more than likely misspoke in my previous post in regards to the definition to canon and non-canon (apologies for that). I was considering many characters within Legends to be canon when I spoke. So basically many Legends characters, from my understanding, would be possible to pursue (such as Jania Solo) as well as Video game characters (such as Darth Revan). I believe Mara Jade, although part of the Legends category MAY still be off limits at this time
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:24 PM   #5894
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Thank you. I meant "surprises" specifically. I figured DC would be there regardless.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:49 PM   #5895
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Thank you. I meant "surprises" specifically. I figured DC would be there regardless.
So by 'surprise' you mean new announcements? :-)

Hopefully (and I'd wager a guess that there will be) but the final product showing for SDCC still isn't locked in yet.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:55 PM   #5896
Atimantium
Hydra

I take back what I said about you being good to us. >:/

I kid. Thanks Alex. It was worth a shot.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:12 PM   #5897
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I know you a busy woman.. but you missed me out this time
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:23 PM   #5898
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
Hello Alex, do you know if the "millennium Falcon" piece on the base of the Han Solo PF is detachable?

also...

Any chance to find out for the both of us ?
Oh my gosh! I'm so so sorry. I accidentally skipped past your question. Again...sorry! It wasn't intentional in the least.

It's a little too early to know the exact breakdown of the Han Solo Premium Format Figure. Once we get closer to the item shipping (a couple of months out) I'll know if anything on the base will be detachable or not.

As for Leia...I could very much find out if a PF is coming or not BUT I wouldn't be able to make any kind of confirmation publicly that one is if the answer is yes or no. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atimantium View Post
I take back what I said about you being good to us. >:/

I kid. Thanks Alex. It was worth a shot.
Never hurts to ask! :-)

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to give any kinds specific information about projects that haven't been announced in any official capacity on the Sideshow site or social channels most of the time. :-(
Old 05-03-2017, 08:32 PM   #5899
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hey Alex

After seeing the Luke PF on Sideshow Live today, there's been a lot of talk about how awkward his posture looks. The way his feet are crossed, the way his upper body is leaning forward while his legs are standing straight up, his left hand looking like he's trying to balance himself from falling, and the way he's holding his lightsaber like he's holding a beer are all just off-putting.

Is this his final sculpt, or is he still being tweaked before his official reveal?

Thanks!
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:52 PM   #5900
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

thanks alex
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote