Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #2461
slynger
Hellboy

Hello Bryan,

I know you have heard countless comments/thoughts on XM's decision to put Prime's other Left arm in with another TF statue.

Are you able to comment on whether or not this is the final decision or will there be further discussion on this?
Old 05-04-2017, 04:36 PM   #2462
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Same here. I wrote them once and no reply as well. we need more clarification on where to buy from in US market.
Still no reply from GFX after two emails.

Just sent them another (3rd).
Old 05-12-2017, 12:00 PM   #2463
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Jessica Drew statue?
Old 05-16-2017, 01:37 PM   #2464
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
Bryan, My absolute favorite comic character is Colossus. So far, I have been extremely disappointed in the 1/4th scale statues that have been made of him. If I'm not mistaken, the only one I know of is the SS version that made it look like a doll. Please ,please,please can you guys give the big Russian the XM treatment?
Will be discussing this with the team. I would like a nice 1/4 Colossus too! And his sister Magik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth View Post
Hi Bryan,

Just curious, have you guys decided on the Edition size number for the Thor Bust?

thanks in advance!
Thor Bust is finalized at 250 pcs only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Hi Bryan,

Just wondering if you guys already have a plan for the next TF's after Optimus, Starscream, Megatron and Bumblebee?

If I may...I'd like to suggest Shockwave, Blaster, Sideswipe and Sunstreaker and Astrotrain. Sorry for the badgering...but I am a TF nut...if you haven't noticed by now.

Also, have you guys decided on how the packaging is going to be done on the TF line? New box designs? Split packaging?

Thanks for any info that can be provided.
We haven't started on the packaging yet - the new Truck size has just been relooked at and it's gonna be big (IMO) so packaging will have to be sorted out once we get the physical truck printed out.

As for TF line up... all I can say is we have Bumble Bee, Starscream, Megatron and Grimlock lined up so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Hey Bryan,

I second Loric's question and follow it up with a different set of characters

Might I suggest; Beachcomber, Skywarp, Mirage, Shockwave and Jazz.

Oh also, I hear XM has a thing for skulls and samurai. Well Bludgeon is a Transformers samurai and he has a skull for a head... kinda fits in with your motif
Thanks for the inputs. We will do some research and see which ones we will roll out (pun intended)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Bryan,

2x during March I have emailed GFX via their online contact page to inquire about creating an acct and/or acquiring XM pieces, however, they fail to respond. (There is no other form of contact listed)

Can you ascertain why the neglect? Or maybe theyre not the company for us (US)... ?

Thanks
J
This is worrying. I will look into this and get in touch with the owner to find out what is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
Hi Bryan! Sorry if this is a repeat, but any plans for a 1:4 HOBGOBLIN soon? Thanks!
Current focus is Green Goblin first... I like Hob too so we'll have to see once we get through the current list. Too many characters in Marvel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
Hey, Bryan. The colors on Optimus's jet pack are looking awesome, but can the rims of the engines have some bluish/purplish paint on it like they have been used, same with the smoke stacks on his arms and have a chrome finish too. Can the wing flaps be painted red to give the jet pack some colors to match the red of Optimus body?
We're still finalizing the paint based on feedback, what was shown at TCC isn't the final. Will be sure to pass on your inputs but no promises. Seng feels there's enough red on the bot overall and possibly wants the jet pack to be more metal/grey/silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I have a question about your Star Wars license, is the license for comic style statues vs movie accurate? It just seems both Anakins look more comic book like then movie realistic. I was just curious if that was the direction your taking the license in.

Also IMO you guys need to think twice about the hood on the older Anakin, it looks goofy with the hump on the hood, you guys need to flatten it out. I never seen a Jedi walking around with a hump in the middle of their hood, just doesn't look right.
Our license is based on the movies though we tried to take liberties with more dynamic and creative poses (e.g. Boba) but was advised to be more movie accurate with Darth Vader as he isn't usually seen as dynamic in the movies. The TCC was a big learning exercise for us. The proto shown was a factory proto which in our excitement to reveal (as we usually aren't allowed to show SW stuff) wasn't done to our satisfaction. We have since taken the master protos back to the SG studios and are now reworking on the areas and paint to improve the final product. The hump is definitely going away - he's a Jedi not the Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrapro1 View Post
Are there any updates on Namor piece being made to look wet as well as octopus? I sent an email a while back raising my concern. I'd also like to see his facial expression change. It seems way to relaxed for a guy riding an octopi throwing a trident. I did buy a PO for this one I hope these details are added.
We might be too far into the production phase to make these changes but I'll check with the team but no promises. It's the first time I'm seeing this comment tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
Hello Bryan,

I know you have heard countless comments/thoughts on XM's decision to put Prime's other Left arm in with another TF statue.

Are you able to comment on whether or not this is the final decision or will there be further discussion on this?
Yes this is very likely the final decision. When we first created the extra switch out parts, the intention is to work in all the possible parts printed so we can finalize the final cost. As our licensor has encouraged us to create differentiating factors from other TF statues on the market, we decided on including the alternate vehicle mode. Since this line is not taken off games or movies, we had to built our own TF from ground up; every screw, mechnical component etc is original creation, which applies to the alternate vehicle mode as well thus adding to development costs. I can assure you the final product along with the alternate vehicle mode will not disappoint. However, due to the new changes including light up components and engineering, we realize we are going to cause OP to be imbalanced in price and switch out features as compared to the other TFs in the same line.

The final configuration we have planned is OP with matrix in chest, Axe, Gun display arms options, rocket pack and a truck which to us is a complete set up, and arguably more so than any other OP statue on the market. I think this is an important distinction to highlight because it is too harsh to say that not having those 2 arms makes OP incomplete. Compared to the other parts we've included, not having these 2 arms does not make OP incomplete. The 2 extra arms have always been designed to be secondary add ons.

What we can reassure collectors is that all TFs will come complete in their standard configuration - only non primary add on parts are going to be shipped with other TFs. We understand that some collectors want everything and don't mind paying extra but we also have some collectors who are more budget constraint and actually decided to opt for refund because they didn't want to pay the increase for the truck add on etc. To us, keeping the core parts and leaving out the secondary parts for a balanced price is a compromised mid-way solution. Whichever way we go, we will get happy and unhappy opinions so this mid-way solution seemed the most practical to us. Naturally, we acknowledge there will be collectors who disagree with our decision and we will respect their views of course, and offer a full refund for those who are not satisfied with our approach.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:12 PM   #2465
Wah
Shadowhawk

excited to hear your interest in colossus and magik!
Old 05-16-2017, 02:16 PM   #2466
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Thanks Bryan, gotta be able to get my hands on Batgirl! Any update on that btw?
Old 05-16-2017, 05:16 PM   #2467
Khufu
Mephisto

Bryan,

Loving the Spider-man line so far... Lizard is my favorite statue of the moment. Any plans to make Shocker or Morbius? Really exited for a Shocker statue to complete my villain line-up! And maybe you can follow-up Morbius with a Blade statue (hint hint nudge nudge wink wink).
Old 05-16-2017, 06:53 PM   #2468
thepurist
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hey there Bryan!

Was there any specific reason why Cable's scarf was dropped? Furthermore, is his head glued to his body to prevent custom heads for him? I'm really happy with the results, just out of curiosity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
excited to hear your interest in colossus and magik!
Just wondering if they made Magik's base like they did with The Darkness with some demons around her. That would look insane!
Old 05-16-2017, 08:29 PM   #2469
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
As for TF line up... all I can say is we have Bumble Bee, Starscream, Megatron and Grimlock lined up so far.

Thanks for the inputs. We will do some research and see which ones we will roll out (pun intended)!

We're still finalizing the paint based on feedback, what was shown at TCC isn't the final. Will be sure to pass on your inputs but no promises. Seng feels there's enough red on the bot overall and possibly wants the jet pack to be more metal/grey/silver.
Thanks for the Answers Bryan. I agree with the jet pack, after all, it is 'metal/grey/silver" in the original cartoon.

Great to hear Grimlock is in the mix and that you'll look into other characters, I'm really excited to see how this line develops.

On the truck, I do have a suggestion:

I saw Getter1 with Getter Eagle made by ZETT Studio.

The Getter Eagle looks great because it has a base that matches the theme of Getter1

I think it would be great if the truck had a similar matching base to Prime as if it was driving down some Cybertronian terrain, instead of just being a truck that sits there.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of the truck (and all the ult modes - wow, will Hasbro even let you do a gun for Megatron?) however I'm just trying to picture it setup in my display?

Maybe if not on a matching base, what about on some kind of name plate?

Thanks again.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:24 AM   #2470
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm little disappointed if Namor doesn't get another option on facial
Expression. So many of XMs masterful pieces have exchangeable parts why not this one? It's small run 388 I want my Grail statue and fav character to be perfect. I know I'm only one guy but I'm a huge fan and want XM quality trademark applied in every detail to this piece which is costing me a LOT OF MONEY. Pretty please.
Closed Thread