Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-08-2017, 03:36 PM   #1641
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Is it though? When you have 'pushers' trying to constantly hype up brand x while trashing SS in multiple threads.

It is either very Rah Rah or some people are not doing this as a hobby.
I'm not about hyping brands, but I do think it's natural to compare the three 1/4 scale Venom statues as they are all coming out around the same time. Also, I don't think it's definitive that any of them are perfect, there are pros and cons for all of them.

I fall victim to trashing SS myself when it comes to certain decisions they make. Fact is, I have a lot of stuff on pre-order with them, but I get frustrated with them. Have to try and stay positive as they are the only option for some people in NA.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:32 PM   #1642
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyvenom View Post
saw it at NYCC last year....loved it!!!!! Big piece. I have it on order.
Thanks dude. I am def considering it now this might be the push I need. Luckiy the ex is not gonna sell out soon.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:53 PM   #1643
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Is it though? When you have 'pushers' trying to constantly hype up brand x while trashing SS in multiple threads.

It is either very Rah Rah or some people are not doing this as a hobby.
I see it a lot on fb, but not as much here...or maybe I'm not paying attention, lol. We all have favourites and comparisons are inevitable. I just chuckle at anyone who thinks his opinion is definitive (not directed at you of course).
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 05:54 PM   #1644
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I see it a lot on fb, but not as much here...or maybe I'm not paying attention, lol. We all have favourites and comparisons are inevitable. I just chuckle at anyone who thinks his opinion is definitive (not directed at you of course).
There is some sniping on here for sure. There are 4 or 5 repeat offenders who do it all the time and usually try and play the 'I'm just a collector card' but a couple of them then seem to have some sort of professional relationship as well going on. This board is more tolerable though since the companies are in their own section. The freaks board has frankly been destroyed. And FB is what it is. A complete anything goes post photographs of your statue box in a bed with prostitutes on a statue group page because, reasons.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:14 PM   #1645
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
The back emblem is not great. The emblem as a whole is probably the weakest part of the statue and I think that says a lot.

I have the symbiote Spidey PF and Sideshow did a really great job on the paint app and texture of that one. It really makes it look like the suit is alive. Of course the texture appears different on the SS Venom PF, but that's what's helping me in the thought process that the texture might look better in hand.
Personnally i am on the Prime1 statue as i wanted a tall one to face the last SSC spidey but regarding the paint result i might order a SSC venom too, i'll wait for pictures in the forum
most of the people who have seen it at convention said the paint is a nice surprise but i live in France so i count on your help.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:18 PM   #1646
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
Quote:
There is some sniping on here for sure. There are 4 or 5 repeat offenders who do it all the time and usually try and play the 'I'm just a collector card' but a couple of them then seem to have some sort of professional relationship as well going on. This board is more tolerable though since the companies are in their own section. The freaks board has frankly been destroyed. And FB is what it is. A complete anything goes post photographs of your statue box in a bed with prostitutes on a statue group page because, reasons.
Even if you are not a professionnal it's hard to say when you bought something and it's crap or another company did a better product.
if you admit it secretly sometimes nobody will say it on forums,

And it's a lot of money so ...

But i have to say that despite some short period of time statue forum is a nice place to share the hobby
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:33 PM   #1647
Shoo
Hercules

I bought the Comiquette back in 2010 and sold it about a couple of years ago. Some days I regret it, some days I really don't.

Now we have three new offerings, but I'm yet to see a classic 1:4 Venom that I'm enamored of. All of them have things I don't like at all.

Oh, well. Some day.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:29 AM   #1648
Adon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Are these still available?
Adon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:39 AM   #1649
craigcliff1
Zot

Xm one no. Sideshow and P1 are on Sideshow webpage
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:05 PM   #1650
Adon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
As regards Venom from Prime1, from XM and from Sideshow... there is no comparison.

Sideshow's is a MASTERPIECE, it has the statue-vibe, it has something that only people who appreciate true art can get....

XM's is the worst and gives me a toy-ish vibe as all of their so-called "statues" (im still laughing everytime i see XM's Thor or Hulk or Kraven or Mysterio!!! Are these things "statues" or toys ?)

Prime1's Venom is a good effort but i also get the "toy vibe", i cant feel it, its a Venom that a 1st year student of an art school could create.

Sideshow's Venom is simply a masterpiece. The pose, the texture ( i LOVE the texture whereas Prime1's and XM's are too "clean", too "smooth", they look like toys), the engineering, the sculpt are all magnificent.

(as regards the guys that "found" problems with Prime1's Venom, are the same guys that were close friends with IA and now with XM ? Interesting)
Adon is offline   Reply With Quote