Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 06-19-2017, 01:50 PM   #1361
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I guess for me it Harley's to Warhammer stuff from Ganes Workshop so I like that look. But a lot of people have complained about the porportions. I wonder how many of those people are potential Odin customers vs General statue critics? For example, I'm just a general statue critic with this piece... I wouldn't buy if for $50 because I'm just not interested in Odin, no matter what it looked like.
I like 40k stuff too and it's ok in a 80mm but in a large scale statue that ---- won't fly ;p
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:30 PM   #1362
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
I don't think there is anything wrong with the Odin sculpt. I think the issue is that there are not enough Norse myth fans willing to pay $600 for it. I get that the statue line is telling the story of his like, but no one can identify with this guy as Odin... even if the fan base was there.!
Nope!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
It's the unrealistic oversized body with tiny normal head that does it for me.
Yup!
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:31 PM   #1363
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
They should split this section with Level52 once they actually start producing statues.
I have a feeling Level52 won't be needing a section.
Hopefully Arahom fixes all your issues soon so he can get back to making statues for the rest of us
Old 06-19-2017, 09:40 PM   #1364
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
I have a feeling Level52 won't be needing a section.
Hopefully Arahom fixes all your issues soon so he can get back to making statues for the rest of us
You might be right about Level52. Being a bit less green than I was a year ago, I doubt I'd order directly from them. If I decide to go with Cat Girl it will def be through bbts.

And yes, hopefully my issues will be resolved soon. So far, nothing really has been. The Medusa skirt didn't get tended to because I didn't get Arahom his info, then when I did, he got some wires crossed with Spencer on the replacement. He said this coming week. Also said my QoV repairs would be done this week. So hopefully things are moving along.

At least he's communicating with me, so I'm happy.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:34 AM   #1365
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
You might be right about Level52. Being a bit less green than I was a year ago, I doubt I'd order directly from them. If I decide to go with Cat Girl it will def be through bbts.

And yes, hopefully my issues will be resolved soon. So far, nothing really has been. The Medusa skirt didn't get tended to because I didn't get Arahom his info, then when I did, he got some wires crossed with Spencer on the replacement. He said this coming week. Also said my QoV repairs would be done this week. So hopefully things are moving along.

Good to hear.
Actually, all sections seem fairly quiet right now, guess it's that time of year.
Really only seems to be Sideshow right now but they are bigger than everyone put together and pump out product 24/7 all year.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:45 PM   #1366
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Good to hear.
Actually, all sections seem fairly quiet right now, guess it's that time of year.
Really only seems to be Sideshow right now but they are bigger than everyone put together and pump out product 24/7 all year.
The bigger brands get tight-lipped before SDCC.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:27 AM   #1367
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:

yep the receptionist will repair it all for you warlock..don't stress...you don't actually believe Arahom is doing the work..?
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:21 PM   #1368
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
nah man I hope they get on a new track..the old track led them off a cliff
lol
Quote:
Jeez, things don't seem to be going well for Level52.
First they decided they'd reduce the price on Odin a few hundred dollars, now they're asking if anyone would be interested in it as a kit.

Arahom might be back to owning the mythology market pretty quickly.
are ARH and level52 the only two companies in the 1:4 mythology market?
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:32 PM   #1369
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
are ARH and level52 the only two companies in the 1:4 mythology market?
There are small garage producers that do kits or small one odd runs but ARH is the only one I know that has focused the company around Mythology.
Level52 are brand new and I hope they can stick around.

You'd think this would be easy money for Sideshow. They still do non-superhero like Dinosauria and their own mythology IP creation Court of the Dead.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:17 AM   #1370
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
There are small garage producers that do kits or small one odd runs but ARH is the only one I know that has focused the company around Mythology.
Level52 are brand new and I hope they can stick around.

You'd think this would be easy money for Sideshow. They still do non-superhero like Dinosauria and their own mythology IP creation Court of the Dead.
Yeah well if Level52 keep making flops like that Odin they won't last long in making Mythology statues..I wish them luck.

As for Sideshow with the court of the dead being a complete rip off from every countries mythology on the planet and mixing it all up..they can hardly claim that as their own creations..what next? batman wearing superman cape and surfing on a silver surf board?
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote