Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-22-2017, 11:29 AM   #61
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by archery View Post
I think we can all agree Facebook is garbage, but the PCS group has gained 1000 followers in the space of a few weeks. There are maybe 100 visitors here, and only 25 of those post with any frequency. I like coming here, but Statueforum is tiny in the grand scheme of things.

Facebook tagging is probably the best way to bring in new customers where members can tag friends who share similar interests but maybe never considered statue collecting. I think someone recently mentioned that PCS has 20k unique customers. I'm sure most of those people are on Facebook. If every one of those customers introduces a friend to the group, that number could rapidly increase.

First 4 Figures have a GREAT community spirit, weekly live chats, bi-weekly reveals, factory videos etc... As a result their group membership has grown significantly. I hope PCS is heading in this direction with the group.

On the subject of respect, a-holes are a-holes wherever they go. Posting with real names makes zero difference as five minutes browsing Facebook will attest.

This is a fantastic post. It's actually made me reconsider my train of thought.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #62
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post

Good to hear.
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:24 PM   #63
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I think we're all going to have to face the fact that the PCS we're used to is going away, some ways for better, some for worse.

Prior to 2016 this was PCS's home.
Past year+ this forum has been on the back burner as Instagram and Facebook were given priority and it didn't go unnoticed and wasn't by accident. Most sculpting updates had to be copied to here by members.

Haven't seen any back and forth as passionate as this discussion, for example, so far in the FB group but the obvious goal is for PCS to have a home it can more directly control.
Frankly it seems this forum had become a sore spot for PCS and Jerry.

I will say there was a respectful discussion started by Tavegg yesterday about sending reminders for invoices while PCS still having outstanding refunds for the same customers that is completely deleted from the FB group today. It had replies and comments but it's nowhere to be found now.

Maybe the social media army will include someone designated to repeat FB here.
I just want to say ive never posted pics of anything here as I cant figure out how to do it.

Ive always posted them to FB or IG.

And while my contribution here has declined over the past year it had nothing to do with more focus on FB or IG. I almost never post on FB either.

My lack of interaction is because of how rude and disrespectful some people here are. Now in the past few months thats changed as we have some new strong Mods who clean things up fast.

So lately my lack of interaction is simply because im busy. Super busy. I used to get to sculpt one peice per year. Now its 4. Im doing what i love to do.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:32 PM   #64
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
I just want to say ive never posted pics of anything here as I cant figure out how to do it.

And while my contribution here has declined over the past year it had nothing to do with more focus on FB or IG. I almost never post on FB either.

My lack of interaction is because of how rude and disrespectful some people here are. Now in the past few months thats changed as we have some new strong Mods who clean things up fast.

So lately my lack of interaction is simply because im busy. Super busy. I used to get to sculpt one peice per year. Now its 4. Im doing what i love to do.
When will we see the other three fruits of your labor? Or are you counting the completed Chun in that?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:22 PM   #65
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post

YES !!! Yes, Jerry. You are a sculptor!! Not a warehouse manager, a cs employee etc. You have been "disturbed" by doing things OUTSIDE of your expertise. Jerry is a sculptor and i could say he is one of the 2-3 best sculptors of male characters of our era. PERIOD. We want Jerry to sculpt, to produce masterpieces, not having to "discuss" with some "famous" youtubers or facebook wolf packs" wanting his head cause there was a delay in delivering 1 statue or 1 refund.

Leave Jerry alone to sculpt. Alone in a room, Jerry and his sculpts, sculpting like a Roman sculptor! With a fierce for artistic excellence!

Jerry dont worry, there are still many true collectors and admirers of your work and with your new team solving problems concerning QC issues or fast refunds, it is the best choice for you, to do what you love, what you were destined to do. Produce art! Who gives a f..k about haters and youtubers ? They cant even sculpt a snowman for Christmas.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:29 PM   #66
DoomGuy
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by archery View Post
I think we can all agree Facebook is garbage, but the PCS group has gained 1000 followers in the space of a few weeks. There are maybe 100 visitors here, and only 25 of those post with any frequency. I like coming here, but Statueforum is tiny in the grand scheme of things.

Facebook tagging is probably the best way to bring in new customers where members can tag friends who share similar interests but maybe never considered statue collecting. I think someone recently mentioned that PCS has 20k unique customers. I'm sure most of those people are on Facebook. If every one of those customers introduces a friend to the group, that number could rapidly increase.

First 4 Figures have a GREAT community spirit, weekly live chats, bi-weekly reveals, factory videos etc... As a result their group membership has grown significantly. I hope PCS is heading in this direction with the group.

On the subject of respect, a-holes are a-holes wherever they go. Posting with real names makes zero difference as five minutes browsing Facebook will attest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post

So facebook is garbage but then you go on to explain how it isnt garbage.
And then get stubborn jop to change his mind based on your contradiction.
Again, thats enough internet for me
DoomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:06 PM   #67
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomGuy View Post
Heavy, is that you?
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:19 PM   #68
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
I meant garbage from a tech perspective. Have you ever tried searching for anything? Layout is horrible, video streaming is horrendous etc.. etc..

BUT everyone is on there. Groups are very useful. It's a good place to meet fellow collectors and buy, sell, trade.

So it's a necessary evil. Hope that clears things up....

archery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:25 PM   #69
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

A large B/S/T pool is about the only use I see for that cesspit.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:37 PM   #70
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Sorry, his points were superior to your

"No one on Facebook uses an Alias"

Argument.

However, it only changed my mind as far as the validity of FB as a New marketing strategy. It's obviously a more powerful tool for advertising.

However, it doesn't change my affinity for the grassroots way things used to be. Perhaps PopCultureShock has outgrown me.

Who knows.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote