Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 07-05-2017, 10:09 PM   #381
ALEX23
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
A good amount...$500-$750 for base saw a double impact set sell around 550...the gallery set around 120
That's why I'm glad I found that sealed box not too long ago for an insane deal.
ALEX23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:30 PM   #382
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Alex, did you get into the new spider-man fleer set? it has all original art as well
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:10 PM   #383
Spazzy
Hercules

The spidey set is really nice...i bought the metal set 50 of them....have the other subsets...except the holofoils....flash....blasts...whatever they are called 21 of them and sell for 75-125 each...I would have to be fully caught up with cards and nothing else for me to buy and bored with nothing new before I drop that kinda $ for those
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:12 PM   #384
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I passed on the metal set cause it was rehashed artwork, but I picked up all the other chase sets, the other chase sets had original art, I got the "mini-master" set on ebay a while back

ill post some pics when I post pics of the masterpieces when those last 2 damn epic purples arrive from australia which is taking foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 07-06-2017, 11:19 PM   #385
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I passed on the metal set cause it was rehashed artwork, but I picked up all the other chase sets, the other chase sets had original art, I got the "mini-master" set on ebay a while back

ill post some pics when I post pics of the masterpieces when those last 2 damn epic purples arrive from australia which is taking foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Yeah I figured it was rehashed...but a bunch I liked and looks pretty...plus the premium card stock adds to the enjoyment...it wasn't very expensive so figured why now...kid likes spidey and shiny cards so we will have fun with them.

I just ordered a bunch of stuff on monday...and because of the holiday it feels a lot longer before I receive them...got the itch...I got a problem lol
Old 07-07-2017, 04:37 AM   #386
Joe Jusko
Artist
Producer

Quote:
heres a question

I remember earlier in the thread it was mentioned Joe was commissioned for 135 original paintings, but with the 90 base cards, and the 10 canvas, 16 battle spectra, and 17 holoflash that is only 133 cards, what are the other 2 paintings?
Mr. Fantastic was completed, but pulled, as was a Magneto/Apocalypse card when the X-Men movie came out.
Joe Jusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:17 AM   #387
SONICobra
Batman

F_cking fox/marvel bullsh_t strikes again
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:34 PM   #388
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Jusko View Post
Mr. Fantastic was completed, but pulled, as was a Magneto/Apocalypse card when the X-Men movie came out.
Lame.....the set is definitely missing the fantastic four presence...has it been shown? Or not able to show?

But overall a great set and beautiful art.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:17 PM   #389
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Jusko View Post
thanks for the insight Joe!

fantastic four and x-men have always been my favorite marvel teams so this boycott marvel has going on because of fox really, really sucks the fantastic four were some of my favorite cards from the 92 set, its a real shame marvel pulled these cards because of some silly movies, these characters were around a long time before these movies! at least the xmen are still around in some capacity in the comics while the FF are pretty much retired and out of the picture entirely which is a real shame
Old 07-08-2017, 12:08 AM   #390
ALEX23
The Avengers

Quote:
Alex, did you get into the new spider-man fleer set? it has all original art as well
Yeah, I grabbed two boxes when it first released. Pulled some nice cards. But like the same with the other stuff I'll have to finish it up later once I move.
ALEX23 is offline   Reply With Quote