Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-07-2017, 01:38 PM   #41
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnfro86 View Post
Jesus what a child.
Kid would sure deserve a "100 a$$ slaps", lol
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:48 PM   #42
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
International customers are -----ing about a $105 shipping cost to them when I quote $300-500 from fedex on my personal account... what else is next... the reality is no company can control the rising cost of all these shipping companies. Fedex straight up told everyone in January costs would increase by 10% this year, and UPS and USPS also would be increasing their costs there is no getting around this. If you need to nickel and dime over shipping costs then you shouldn't be buying statues of a larger scale or just straight up do what I'm doing when I can't afford the higher costs cut back on purchases.
I think you're missing the point. We know PCS has no control over shipping prices. But it can make use of warehouses outside the US allowing us to bypass US couriers.

The shipping cost for 1/4 statues is no longer $105. It's $165 for Kintaro and I predict it will hit $200 in 2018 if not sooner. If these rises continue, international customers will stop buying from PCS and it will be PCS that is hurt (assuming international customers make up a significant percentage of PCS' revenue).

The personal quotes you speak of are ridiculously laughably high and explain why so few international collectors buy direct from the US in the aftermarket.

archery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:52 PM   #43
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by archery View Post
I think you're missing the point. We know PCS has no control over shipping prices. But it can make use of warehouses outside the US allowing us to bypass US couriers.

The shipping cost for 1/4 statues is no longer $105. It's $165 for Kintaro and I predict it will hit $200 in 2018 if not sooner. If these rises continue, international customers will stop buying from PCS and it will be PCS that is hurt (assuming international customers make up a significant percentage of PCS' revenue).

The personal quotes you speak of are ridiculously laughably high and explain why so few international collectors buy direct from the US in the aftermarket.

Wonder what the cost for maintaining a warehouse would be for the number of statues sold in those areas?
Old 07-07-2017, 08:09 PM   #44
walokbig
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

If international customers are not profitable for maintaining a warehouse outside of the US unfortunately sagat will be my last statue and leave PCS.
walokbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:37 PM   #45
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by archery View Post

Do you even know how much it costs to open a warehouse big enough to support all the orders from the EU? PCS is not that profitable, and you'd end up paying more per statue than the low prices they've offered up to this point. It's not just rent the damn place, it's also then staffing the warehouse as well, versus letting you pay $65 more per piece. Hell they even said they're subsidizing some of your shipping costs and eating it for you so what else do you want from them? International customs won't stop buying from PCS because they're the only company that offers what they do at the price they do regardless of the rising shipping costs. Look at Prime 1, SS, XM pieces they cost double per unit and people are still willing to pay the higher price including higher international shiping so yes while "YOU" may not be able to sustain, there are plenty of people to take up the mantle since PCS only needs to sell through a much lower edition size.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:52 PM   #46
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Even if they do build a European warehouse PCS still have to eat the duty on items being imported in the EU/UK so all you would be doing is paying more for your statue from PCS, they would have to cover costs somewhere.

Look at UK prices from somewhere like collectiblesdirect all those prices have Custom fees and shipping built in and they are just as high as getting them from the source.

The only real way to save on shipping and cost is for people to buy less and buy only what they really want, don't buy multiples of the same statue and budget for every single purchase because rising shipping costs and rising statue costs are not going away soon and people really need to get used to this.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:58 PM   #47
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Sideshow used to have an EU warehouse. It wasnt really any cheaper as you still got hit with import duty and vat. If memory serves it was quicker to get direct from the US
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 01:21 PM   #48
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by walokbig View Post
If international customers are not profitable for maintaining a warehouse outside of the US unfortunately sagat will be my last statue and leave PCS.
I'm sure PCS will open a warehouse to keep you from leaving.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:47 AM   #49
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Do you even know how much it costs to open a warehouse big enough to support all the orders from the EU? ing from PCS because they're the only company that offers what they do at the price they do regardless of the rising shipping costs.
No one is suggesting PCS open their own warehouse. That would be far too expensive. What they can do is rent a small amount of space in third party warehouses of which there are hundreds all over Europe. F4F and other companies are doing this and it works out well for us European customers in terms of lower shipping costs.

I believe PrototypeZ are shipping their new Ryu from France to European customers. So if they can do it, surely PCS can too.

Quote:
Look at Prime 1, SS, XM pieces they cost double per unit and people are still willing to pay the higher price including higher international shiping.
XM statues are in the 25kg weight range and the boxes are monstrously large. Anyone buying XM (myself included) knows that shipping is going to cost a fortune no matter what you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Look at UK prices from somewhere like collectiblesdirect all those prices have Custom fees and shipping built in and they are just as high as getting them from the source.
Collectiblsdirect don't have the best prices for PCS, but if you're willing to forgo the exclusives, their Sideshow and XM prices are generally 10-15% lower than buying direct (after factoring in shipping costs and taxes when buying direct). At least in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Sideshow used to have an EU warehouse. It wasnt really any cheaper as you still got hit with import duty and vat. If memory serves it was quicker to get direct from the US
I think that was a case of Sideshow not passing any of the bulk shipping savings to European customers making the whole exercise pointless.

archery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:06 AM   #50
craigcliff1
Zot

Not a thing can be done, we in the U.S. have been nailed with shipping. I now pay at least triple what I would pay when I started collecting 11 years ago.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote