Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-19-2017, 05:07 PM   #921
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
It's like they know they will completly redo a new Xmen line sooner or later and just deliver pieces in meanwhile because the market ask for it.

All Xmen related seems strange nowadays and i don't know why.
i won't blame disney because i think they and proove they do good just like the star wars example.

i don't know.

I still search a wolvie even if i don't collect xmen so i ll be looking forward to this one but that magneto is a pass.
Yeah I hope wolvie looks great all painted up. Time will certainly tell.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:11 PM   #922
Shoo
Hercules

It's a rather realistic rendition. I like that, but I understand most comic-book fans prefer overblown musculature.

Wasn't going to buy it anyway.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:29 PM   #923
Mr.Mxyzptlk
Justice League

This would have been amazing! Fully sculpted would have been the way to go (even if it was an expensive Maquette) Die-Hard fans "including myself" would have shelled the cash for him! Same goes for Wolverine. The only Sculptor to really capture Wolvie was Martin Canale. Severely let down and hoping Prime-1 delivers with their 1/4 scale line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gerard-kravchuk-aoa-fin1.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	318.8 KB
ID:	106182   Click image for larger version

Name:	gerard-kravchuk-1.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	283.8 KB
ID:	106183  
Mr.Mxyzptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:30 PM   #924
fsdre
Mephisto

I just can't believe someone within sideshow could think this statue was a good idea, don't they want to make money...give the people what they want!
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:32 PM   #925
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Well, i was busy and i only watched some pictures 2 minutes ago. I will wait for better pics, but from a first glance, Magneto PFF and Batman LSF are huge letdowns. Probably the 2 worst new offerings.

The problem with Magneto ? He is WAY too skinny (is Magneto vegan? He is skinnier than Kate Moss when auditioning for model castings), the position of his torso is rather "odd" and his base gives a TOY vibe. Actually the whole statue gives me a TOY vibe from a FIRST glance and this is telling a lot. I HATE his BASE. I hate it from these first pictures. TOY ALERT.

Batman LSF suffers from an awkward pose and a rather strange base that doesnt fit (sculpt and colour-wise), Batman himself. For Magneto PFF, i will make my final statement after seeing new pictures, but for Batman LSF, forps is 100% sure. Its a JOKE.

All the other new offerings (especially COTD line) are marvellous. Batman LSF and Magneto PFF need a lot of work. But lets wait for some new pics for Magneto, im not 100% sure.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:32 PM   #926
Au7oma7ic
Doh!

I lurk, but wanted to hop in and voice my displeasure. Surprised this made it through from concept to prototype to SDCC to be honest.
Au7oma7ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:36 PM   #927
fsdre
Mephisto

there were so many other concepts they could have done...so many!!!
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:44 PM   #928
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Have to say I'm not digging this piece either.

Actually besides Thanos there is not one piece so far at SDCC17 I've seen from SSC that I even want...

I don't know if I'm dissatisfied or happy that I'm gonna save money these next couple of months!!!
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:06 PM   #929
ram O
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Was hoping to buy this piece since I don't have a magneto. After buying the Ex Thanos on Throne I was hoping SS delivered on Magneto. I'll just wait.
ram O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:10 PM   #930
Demona
Lex Luthor

I'm not sure who is in that suit, but judging by the face under the helmet, it's not Erik Lensher.

Maybe Deadpool used his image inducers again and this is a super secret Deadpool EX, and SS has another Magneto hidden away...

I mean, good lord, could this keep getting any worse? I'm going back to look at Swamp Thing and Batwoman. Stunners.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote