Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-14-2017, 07:07 AM   #191
Demona
Martian Manhunter

XM never said that they were going to stop exclusives. No matter what they elected to make an "exclusive" was going to suck for many people who wanted the piece.

On the plus side, they only do maybe three to four exclusives a year, so almost everything else coming out should be the standard free-for-all.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:09 AM   #192
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
XM never said that they were going to stop exclusives. No matter what they elected to make an "exclusive" was going to suck for many people who wanted the piece.

On the plus side, they only do maybe three to four exclusives a year, so almost everything else coming out should be the standard free-for-all.
Nothing for anyone to be too concerned about. Cable is selling at $1300-$1400 now. Just patience if it is an exclusive. Still some good sellers that don't try to break the bank on profit.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:12 AM   #193
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I'm interested in Dark Phoenix. As long as there is 999 of them it will be available like all the others on Ebay? Being that all of you will be on an even playing field it might make it easier for me to get this one.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:43 PM   #194
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonlocke View Post
IMHO XM pieces are already hard to get as it is. Having another exclusive will only benefit flippers and not real collectors. If the intent is to get these pieces to as many collectors as possible, then why not go the SS route and offer additional switch outs as Ex and make the regular version available from regular channels?
Two things...XM is not SS and vice versa.

The most important thing though is if you check in the Q&A section there was a post about the whole exclusive thing and the reasoning why they have them and it is to generate money so that more statues can be made...in a nutshell. Dark Phoenix is popular character that would warrant an exclusive of her...especially since a regular green Phoenix has already been done. I think it's safe to say, as great as the first Phoenix was, this one blows it out of the water. I never thought I would ever say that. I think Weapon X at one time was going to be the STGCC exclusive. I guess not.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:46 PM   #195
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK83 View Post
Nothing for anyone to be too concerned about. Cable is selling at $1300-$1400 now. Just patience if it is an exclusive. Still some good sellers that don't try to break the bank on profit.
Thank you for that compliment. Even if you were not referring to my Cable I put up in the Facebook BST that sold in 1 minute, that statement is a compliment.

I could have gotten more but I have never believed in price gouging anyone. And anyone that has bought some of my statues in my collection at one point or other knows that about myself.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:53 PM   #196
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

[QUOTE=loricstone;5492972]Two things...XM is not SS and vice versa.

Q&A section there was a post about the whole exclusive thing and the reasoning why they have them and it is to generate money so that more statues can be made..QUOTE]

Dont get this part, XM does not charge more for EX do they?? so how would they make more money then regular XM statues? or do you say they will put them on Ebay like the flippers?? xD

I am not saying dont make XM Dark Phoenix a con ex, but why all of them just put 400-500 for SG con and the rest for the rest of the peeps. Dont feed the flippers!!
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:11 PM   #197
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

edit
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:13 PM   #198
Vince_be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post

I am not saying dont make XM Dark Phoenix a con ex, but why all of them just put 400-500 for SG con and the rest for the rest of the peeps. Dont feed the flippers!!
On the old XM Studios europe distributor website, Cable was listed at 1400 EUR, this corresponds to 2250 SGD so it's easy to say they charge more for the EX cause on the XM Studios Official website it was listed like the others at 990 SGD.. Imagine more than twice the listed price...The whole explanation about "they can do more statues"... is just b...s...t in my ears. The fact is they're all making a lot of money on EX , the distributor , XM Studios, flippers, the distributor seller partner etc...i don't like that but this is a business and to maintain the business they have to do a lot of money..that's what this is all about , money
Old 08-14-2017, 10:16 PM   #199
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
On the old XM Studios europe distributor website, Cable was listed at 1400 EUR, this corresponds to 2250 SGD so it's easy to say they charge more for the EX cause on the XM Studios Official website it was listed like the others at 990 SGD.. Imagine more than twice the listed price...The whole explanation about "they can do more statues"... is just b...s...t in my ears. The fact is they're all making a lot of money on EX , the distributor , XM Studios, flippers, the distributor seller partner etc...i don't like that but this is a business and to maintain the business they have to do a lot of money..that's what this is all about , money
I see, lol I did not know Cable was a Con ex as well :O
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:37 PM   #200
Vince_be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
I see, lol I did not know Cable was a Con ex as well :O
That said, i'm really happy Weapon X is not an EX cause i really want this one, I would love to get also Dark Phoenix but it depends on the price. Weapon X and Cyclops are must have for me and will be on the top of my list. One thing is sure, i will never pay again the price i've paid for Cable...even if in my eyes this is one of the best i've seen so far