Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-16-2017, 03:52 PM   #6171
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Happy Birthday ALEX !

Any update when the New Leia PF will be fully revealed ?
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:51 PM   #6172
johnclone
The Enchantress

Has Sideshow ever considered the Phantasm films?

Are there any plans to do a PF of Jason as he appeared in FTT part VII the new blood?
(I think that a lot of people would want one!)
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:04 PM   #6173
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokecool View Post
Hi Alex,

Welcome back! I'm so happy with the new "Prestige Scale" COD. Finally something for those of us that are running out of space. Are those pieces planned to be released as individual orders or they will be sold as a set? Any info when they will be up for pre-order?

Thanks!
It has been discussed selling them as a set but nothing is set in stone on how they will roll out for order. Right now I have no locked down time frame as to when they will be made available to order. Just sign-up on the RSVP list on the preview page for them and you'll be notified right when they are up for order!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
Thank you so much for all your (positive ) answers !!!

Now the Stormtrooper is a lock for me !
You're welcome! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Alex, since the Star Wars legendary scale figures all have matching bases, and the Iron Man and now batman are circular bases, is the plan going forward that the LSF will have similar bases in style and not have individual ones like the Wolverine and Doom? Thanks!
I really won't have answer to this as I'm not part of the design process. Although more conformity with the bases has been occurring with the line it's entirely possible that a future piece warrants something that breaks that conformity due to the choice of character, the story the piece will want to convey, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Thanks Alex. Magneto price during preorder... but what exactly was that date? I know you guys revealed it but I can't find the magneto preorder date anywhere.

Please remind me. Thank you and sorry for being such a pain!
Sorry, there has been no revelation as to the Pre-Order date for Magneto yet. Since he is getting some tweaks that will delay his solicitation. More than likely he will still Pre-Order sometime before the end of 2017 if the tweaks don't take too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
Alex, do you know if the beautiful Rey PF is still looking like it'll be available around September, or if we should expect to get Flexpay delay notices for her in the next few weeks?
Rey is till estimated to ship between September and November of this year and as of today seems to ship sometime within that three month time frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I mean you can say that, but that doesn't make it actually so.

The forearm part should be longer too. Also just as a general rule of thumb, in regards to a scope the side with the opening large enough for the eye is actually facing the person wielding the gun. Hero and stunt never had the armor that far down either and the breast plate ridges are closer to rogue 1 then ANH :|
Just passing along the explanation as given to me to give y'all context about why the armor looked they way it did.

All concerns regarding this piece from various groups were passed along to the right parties weeks ago. At the time of my original response all that was being tweaked was what I mentioned. If anything else is relayed to me in regards to changes I will let y'all know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdavidf View Post
Hi Alex, do you know if we're ever going to get a new silver surfer anytime soon? And also any other cosmic folks like Nova, Ronan, Quasar, Gladiator etc..I figure since we've gotten into the guardians we may not be too far off from the rest of the gang
Sorry but I really don't know if any of those characters are in the pipeline. I know I'd personally like to see a Nova or Gladiator one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
alex do you know if swamp thing is still being considered a maquette or is it premium format now? i know it really doesnt matter, just curious
Swamp Thing is a Maquette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Hi Alex!

I noticed that new Red Sonja has the 'coming to PO VERY soon' as opposed to the other previews.

How soon would that be, are you able to say?
Thank you!
Red Sonja SHOULD be up for Pre-Order before the end of this year. Possibly even within the next couple of months.

Quote:
Alex,

How much wood does a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Also, can you reveal a new Gambit or Cyclops PF yet?

Many blessings and good'ay unto yooose guyssss.
Maybe that woodchuck to chuck 10 pounds? I really don't know their full strength, so just throwing out a guess.

As for Gambit or Cyclops...unfortunately like many of my answers for so many other pieces people are hoping for...I just do not know. These are two well-liked character around Sideshow, so hopefully they'll be new representations of them in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokuvegeta View Post
hi Alex i wanted to ask when is magneto preorder?, any chance for justice league licence?

is leatherface set to ship in september?
Magneto should Pre-Order before the end of this year.

Leatherface is looking like he'll hit a late August/September ship date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
Any chance of new 1/4 punisher piece soon?
I don't know BUT I do know he's a popular character so perhaps there will be a new one in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Can we get a Guybrush Threepwood PF now please? Murray the talking skull EX?
We don't have the Monkey Island license, so there would be nothing being developed by Sideshow from that property.

[QUOTE=SONICobra;5488326]hello alex, do you know if the gap will be changed on magnetos collar for production? thanks!

I know the collar is one part of Magento that was being looked at for possible tweaking. I don't if it for sure will be and if it is what the change will be until I actually see it in a fully completed form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
Still no link for Sideshow Live of yesterday on Youtube?
Sorry about that. That should have been up on YouTube sometime on the day you posted this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
Hey Alex!
was just wondering why the Xiall bust is missing her eyes....?
Part creative and part just not an element that would looked right for a piece of this scale when viewing at various angles. Those 'eyes' meant to float there, so to try and create that effect at that scale wasn't working out visually as no matter what kind of material one would use, you still see tubes running put from the sockets to hold the 'eyes' in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
hey alex, any guesstimate on when swamp thing may be up for order?
It's still not 100% a finished prototype yet as the exclusive is still being completed but the hope is to have him up for Pre-Order this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon3000 View Post
Hi Alex,
Will the new SW mythos line include statues? or just action figures?
For now it's just sixth scale BUT perhaps in the future Statues will be brought in (at least that's my hope).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN View Post
Hi Alex

Is there a reason why Hot Toys are constantly pushing the ELLEN RIPLEY Figure back?

Sideshow's had my money and many others money for like 1.5 Years and Hot Toys and Sideshow have not had the decency to give a single update or apology.

On behalf of everyone who is waiting can we PLEASE have an update?

Thanks
ALIEN
So sorry for the wait on Ellen Ripley. Unfortunately we rarely receive updates regarding delays from Hot Toys, so Sideshow doesn't have an answer as to the whys for the lateness of this figure. If the piece has slipped out of it's original estimated shipping time people can contact our customer service directly (if they ordered through us) to cancel their order and inquire about NRD refunds. Again, so sorry for the delay on that piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Hado View Post
Hey Alex,

Any plans for the following Marvel characters:

Cable
Juggernaut
Nova(Richard Rider)
X-23
Doc Ock
Some of those characters MIGHT end up in the pipeline in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Hi. I believe the database query system is failing on the Sideshow website. Last Chance Items, On Sale, etc. is not working and flags errors such as below. Unless it's just me?

Example:
100 and hide_from_search='0' and (status='1' OR status='2') and (store_quantity <= '30' OR misc91='Constant') AND store_quantity!='0' order by store_quantity asc","NoTitleRewrite":1,"listTitle":"Last Chance","colspan":3}, "showFilters" : true, "isArchive" : false, "title" : "" }'>
Thanks! This was discovered around the time you posted this and has since been fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
Hi Alex,

Will there be more characters made from Rogue One? Also, will we see new Predator items this year or early next year? Thank you in advance!!
There MIGHT be another Rogue One piece in the future but nothing is for sure at this time.

Any new Predator items are little ways out. The soonest would be sometime next year at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Hi Alex,

Any plans for a fully sculpted 1/4 scale Punisher? Something along the lines of the 1/5 comiquette but in 1/4 scale would be absolutely killer
See my answer above regarding Punisher that someone else was asking about.

Now as to whether a new Punisher piece would be fully sculpted or not..I don't know what direction would be taken for a potential new Punisher piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie21 View Post
What are SS differences in definition when they state it's a comiquette, maquette and premium format? Also any SS dios in the works yet?
Comiquette is now a retired term. It was used for comic related pieces long ago that were not typically quarter scale in size (there were exceptions from time to time of course).

Maquettes are typically items that are movie based in 1/5 scale or bigger or more complex/larger items in various other scales, or one or all of the above that are done in partnership with another entity (such as Legacy Effects for example).

Example - Thanos on Throne Maquette is more 1/4 scale in size BUT he's a bigger and much more complex 1/4 scale time. Alien King Maquette is smaller than 1/4 scale but is movie based, complex and was done in partnership with Legacy effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormousthumbs View Post
Alex,

Any info regarding Star Lord and Drax Premium Formats?
Gotta collect them all!
Unfortunately I still do not know if a Star Lord or Drax will be giving Premium Format Figure treatments in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
hey Alex. the oglavaeil bust had a regular. exclusive and a variant. will the new xiall bust have any variant down the road?
As of right now there is no variant planned for the Xiall Bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
Will Sideshow attend New York Comic-Con in October and will we get there new information regarding the two new MotU statues besides She-Ra and Classic Evil-Lyn you are working on according to one of your recent live shows?
Sideshow will be attending NYCC! I'm not sure when any new MotU Statues would be revealed at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Any chance of seeing the painted Gotham Nightmare Joker this year, NYCC maybe ?
That's a possibility! I haven't seen a final list of what's expected to be at NYCC yet. Hopefully that will be locked in soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Hello Alex, thanks for always answering so many questions.
Any chance we will see a Marvel Defenders Statue set of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Ironfist?

Would love to see Jessica Jones in either her Netflix (Leather coat, jeans, dark hair, scarf) outfit or her Jewel (white, blue, pink hair, purple pink jewels) costume.
Thanks
Sideshow wouldn't tackle the TV versions of these characters (at least not at this time) but would veer toward comic based. Now as to whether any of those characters are in the pipeline...I just don't know at this time. Sorry.

Sidenote: Thought I'm looking forward to The Defenders and I'm more excited for a season 2 of Jessica Jones, season 3 of Daredevil and season 3 of Luke Cage. I never finished Iron First though...I'll have to get back to that one in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
Hi Alex, it was mentioned on Sideshow Live that there were two more statues in the works for the Masters of the Universe line. Can you tell us if there is a new female statue coming in the line (like Teela or Catra). Or if the statues are just from the He-man line or from the She-ra line?
Sorry but I do not know what characters are for future MotU characters at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger176 View Post
Hi Alex!

I have final payments for both Carnage and Huntress next month. Are they still on track for a September release? Thanks again for your time.
Huntress should start shipping in September as a final production sample was received earlier this week. I haven't seen a final Carnage production sample yet but that one is still expected to ship sometime between September and November of this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Hi Alex,

Igo has hinted at tweaks coming to the Magneto PF. Do you have any insight you can share in terms of what exactly is being tweaked?
I know the collar, some of the paint, and cape flow were all being looked at for tweaking. What will actually be done and how it will turn out is unknown to me at this time. I won't know the final look for that piece until it's presented as totally finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancorkill View Post
Hi Alex

Is the COTD Demithyle Legendary Scale supposed to be in scale with the Premium Format characters or will there be a PF version of him made?

Thanks
Demithyle is definitely larger in scale and though one can display him with the other PF characters he's not part of the PF line but the Legendary Scale line. Will he have a PF made in the future? I just don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Hi Alex,

Is this a possible new Captain America PF in the works ?

Thanks!
Could that be a new Captain America PF? Maybe? Maybe not? I really don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Hi Alex!

The Inhumans are coming. Are there any plans for statues depicting them (in a comics or tv show way)?

People would love a Black Bolt PF!
There are no plans for Sideshow to do TV versions of any Inhuman characters at this time. If any of these characters are made they would be comic based. Hopefully we'll make some of those characters in the future though!

Quote:
Hello Alex,

Will you guys be carrying/selling the Iron Studios 1/4 punisher revealed recently?
This I don't know as of right now. A green light as to what we'll be selling of Iron Studios pieces happens right before or sometime after they've placed their items up for order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
Happy Birthday ALEX !

Any update when the New Leia PF will be fully revealed ?
Thank you for the birthday wishes! The New Leia PF COULD be revealed before the end of this year but it's also possible it won't be until the first half of 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post

Has Sideshow ever considered the Phantasm films?

Are there any plans to do a PF of Jason as he appeared in FTT part VII the new blood?
(I think that a lot of people would want one!)
No Phantasm collectibles from Sideshow at this time are being planned and there's currently now movement of Sideshow trying to acquire the license.

As for future Jason PFs....I just don't know what is or is not in the works for that property. The recent sixth scale and PF are the only ones I'm aware of at this time.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:38 PM   #6174
BurningRage
Inhumans

Will we see a new DC life size bust this year?
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:50 PM   #6175
Nebulhym
The X-Men

WoW! Thank you so much for answering so many questions!

Just one more though, is the Skeletor collector edition going to ship soon? The website mentions August 2017 and i have seen many for sale on ebay, yet it's still not shipping from Sideshow...

Thanks again!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:26 PM   #6176
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Alex... S2. Thanks for all the answers. Just a few more quick question. What is the meaning to life?

How does superman shave?

And how long is a subway foot long really?

Thanks in advanced!
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:51 AM   #6177
tulk
The Spirit

Hi Alex,

Since Red Sonja has been a popular character for Sideshow, any plan for a Red Sonja Life size bust or Legendary Scale Figure in the future?

Thanks
tulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:40 PM   #6178
ukshaun
Hercules

Hi Alex, what are odd's of Sideshow Girl happening?
She would look great sporting a black Sideshow T-shirt.

The ideal pose would be sitting down, with both arms spread out in an animated fashion,
implying the reviewing of a statue. Technically speaking, only the upper half of the statue
is required, as her legs would be hidden by a desk, thus the cost could be halved.

As a sideline, 1/16 statues could be sold separately to positioned on the desk.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:14 PM   #6179
SONICobra
Batman

thanks for the answers alex!
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:43 PM   #6180
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Thanks Alex, you da bomb
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote