Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-04-2017, 05:45 AM   #6511
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

You shouldn't worry too much,
i don't think they will sell 500 framed prints.

As Frobay and VS1976 said, it's a big ES.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:07 AM   #6512
shadow.broker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
You shouldn't worry too much,
i don't think they will sell 500 framed prints.

As Frobay and VS1976 said, it's a big ES.
I don't care about Black Canary but I am worried about Huntress. That art print I really want.

Generally I am sick of their crap. I have grown an allergy on this company over the years. Unfortunatelly they make a stellar piece once in a while.
shadow.broker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:14 AM   #6513
BurningRage
Inhumans

I think the higher es is due to being hand signed since it should sell better than an automated signature print.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:03 AM   #6514
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Framed Olivia's Harley is WL too and before the unframed.

I don t expect and explain that but the market i always right ^^
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:20 PM   #6515
Ulfnar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Edit- Looks like their site was bugged and was showing sold out, now is showing as able to order the unframed of black canary.
Ulfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:49 PM   #6516
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Anyone ever received an Art Print that didn't have a $20 code attached to it? :/
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:34 PM   #6517
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
Anyone ever received an Art Print that didn't have a $20 code attached to it? :/
I have and those codes expire pretty quickly so don't sit on them...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:25 PM   #6518
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
I have and those codes expire pretty quickly so don't sit on them...
My wording may not have been the best.

I was pointing out that I didn't get a code with the Premium Art Print I received today. I think I've received a code on everything I've ever received from Sideshow except this delivery.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:18 PM   #6519
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I think the higher es is due to being hand signed since it should sell better than an automated signature print.
Actually, before the whole signature gate issue occured, edition sizes got as high as 750 and those prints still sold out in a timely manner. Personally, I have absolutely no doubt that had signature gate never occured, edition sizes could have gotten as high as 1000 on many prints before they hit the ceiling, possibly even higher. Interest in the Premium Print Line just continued to increase more and more with each new print release, until signature gate hit. Of course, once people found out the signatures were fake, sales and overall interest in the print line dropped considerably and Sideshow cut edition sizes in responce.

So I guess the real question at this point is can the Premium Print Line completely recover from signature gate. I think it can as long as Sideshow starts using real signatures on the majority of their prints. IMO, the quality of the artwork itself has only gotten better and better as the print line has gone on so again, as long as Sideshow starts using real signatures on most of their prints, I believe the print line could recover and we could start seeing edition sizes as high as they were before sigature gate first hit. If they continue to issue fake signatures on a lot of their prints, I think 500 is about as high as most prints will go and you will likely only see edition sizes that high on prints from really popular artists like Artgerm. The rest of the prints will likely remain in the 200-350 range.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:27 PM   #6520
Pilky
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Actually, before the whole signature gate issue occured, edition sizes got as high as 750 and those prints still sold out in a timely manner. Personally, I have absolutely no doubt that had signature gate never occured, edition sizes could have gotten as high as 1000 on many prints before they hit the ceiling, possibly even higher. Interest in the Premium Print Line just continued to increase more and more with each new print release, until signature gate hit. Of course, once people found out the signatures were fake, sales and overall interest in the print line dropped considerably and Sideshow cut edition sizes in responce.

So I guess the real question at this point is can the Premium Print Line completely recover from signature gate. I think it can as long as Sideshow starts using real signatures on the majority of their prints. IMO, the quality of the artwork itself has only gotten better and better as the print line has gone on so again, as long as Sideshow starts using real signatures on most of their prints, I believe the print line could recover and we could start seeing edition sizes as high as they were before sigature gate first hit. If they continue to issue fake signatures on a lot of their prints, I think 500 is about as high as most prints will go and you will likely only see edition sizes that high on prints from really popular artists like Artgerm. The rest of the prints will likely remain in the 200-350 range.
Sideshow prints will continue to sell out because most buyers are uneducated in terms of knowing the value of prints. There are much bigger-named artists, of all types, who sell their prints for much less. Don't get me started on the frames.

I'm still amazed how much they're getting for these prints, even with signatures. I'm more amazed by how many are so eager to overspend to this degree, but it's their money. SS is making a massive killing, profit-wise, on these things, but they're not forcing anyone to buy them.
Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote