Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-15-2017, 11:24 AM   #22991
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Blade Runner Final Cut - 5/10 Heaven help me I just don't get or enjoy this movie. And frankly that 5 I gave it is up from the original 3/10 I gave it when i first saw it. This movie is surrounded in interesting ideas, ahead of it's time visuals and a film noir aesthetic that somehow people interpret for some hidden depth. I tried. This is a movie that it seems like you are just supposed to like if you truly like sci -fi but man I just don't get this movie. And it committed the worst crime of all with the entire first half boring me to death. I could barely stay awake. I know no one will now trust anything I type in this section again and trust me I would love to find what I'm missing and everybody else is seeing in this movie. I read old reviews forum posts etc. to figure out what in the world I'm missing. But with all that said I'm still going to see the new one. Maybe that can bring me back into the fold.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:48 PM   #22992
xb24
Sinister Six

^Didn't enjoy that movie as well.

Spiderman Homecoming - 7/10
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - 7/10
xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:39 AM   #22993
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Did you read the books? Or just a fan? I haven't seen this, but read the books, and I'm scared.
Honestly, do yourself a favor and DON"T see the movie. It was absolutely horrid. The books are one of my all time favorites series, but I actually went in with low expectations as there is just no way to adapt a series as massive as The Dark Tower into a single film and I still wound up coming out extremely disappointed. it was one of the worst films I have seen the last 5+ years running and ultimately did no service to the books at all. This film was just Hollywood trying to make money off of the popularity of both Stephen King and the Dark Tower. My advice is to fondly remember the books and skip this Hollywood drivel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The Descent - 9/10

Another of the greats from this past decade. Director Neil Marshall, who Directed some of the very best episodes of Game of Thrones, creates a totally unique and intense horror experience with this film. A group of adventurous females find themselves trapped in a series of caves while being hunted by a mysterious force. The most uneasy claustrophobic feeling you'll likely ever get from a movie. The score and cinematography really stand out on this one. Gory, dark and pulls no punches. Nothing cliche about this film. One of my top ten favorite horror films of all time.

I really need to watch that again as its been a few years since I last saw it. One of the best horror films I have ever seen especially in regards to the director of photography. The film has such a claustrophobic feel to it. I actually suffer from a mild case of claustrophobia. I can handle places ike elevators, but anything smaller than that and I start having anxiety issues. Being pinned down so I can't move is when I really start to freak out. This film was shot so well and had such a legitimate claustrophobic feel to it that it really freaked me out. Far more so than most horror films. Just such a brilliant film.

Saw Blade Runner 2049 tonight and IMO, it was an absolute masterpiece. I was worried that it wouldn't live up to the original, but amazingly it reallly did. Just an outstanding job from everyone involved. I went over to IMDB after getting home from seeing it to read some what other people thought of it and this has to be one of the most polarizing films I have seen in a VERY long time as people either loved it or absolutely hated it. I am definitely one of the one's that loved it. I don't normally buy films on Blu Ray, but I can't wait for this to be released so I can see it again on my home theater.

Blade Runner 2049 - 9.5/10
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:30 AM   #22994
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

it - aka stranger things 2. 7/10 would have made a better Netflix show than a movie.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:45 PM   #22995
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Blade Runner The Final Cut - 5/10. Meh. Style over substance but certainly plenty of style. An arthouse film posing as an anti-utopian sci-fi thriller. That said, it bored me to tears. No characterization, drama or suspense. I want my two hours back.

Last edited by wktf; 10-16-2017 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Changed my rating from 6/10 to 5/10.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:37 PM   #22996
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Happy Death Day 5/10. Just being that generous because I took my daughter and that was what I enjoyed the most. The movie makes no sense whatsoever.
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:21 AM   #22997
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Guardians of The Galaxy 1 9/10

I rewatched it for the second time and it's still a pretty awesome film. I really like it.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:03 PM   #22998
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Annabelle Creation - Good little horror. Prefer the first movie though. 7/10

Dark Tower - Single viewing fun 7/10
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:27 AM   #22999
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Blade Runne 2049 - This may be the worst film I’ve ever seen. Like the original, all style.l over substance. The entire film felt like a big dramatic pause. I disliked the original and dislike this one even more. A solid 1/10 for me.

Last edited by wktf; 10-18-2017 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Corrected a mistyping.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:46 AM   #23000
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Blade Runne 2049 - This may be the worst film I’ve ever seen. Like the original, all substance over style. The entire film felt like a big dramatic pause. I disliked the original and dislike this one even more. A solid 1/10 for me.
Rofl ! I think the og Blade runner was overatted as well but a 1/10 ? Yr just being mean.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote