Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-24-2017, 01:11 AM   #271
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo13 View Post
Thanks for the info Nearmint. I like your Youtube Video!. I heard about the $15 coupon but it doesn't compensate for the cost of there shipping . I hope their next exclusive is special like the new superman. A different portrait. Im looking to collect the LC WW line when Tweethead makes more of them down the line. I'm hoping for more than an exclusive certificate or coupon. I would pay a little more for a good swap out exclusive compare to a same retail version.
They tried to get a signed certificate but Lynda Carter wanted way to much.
Old 12-24-2017, 01:31 AM   #272
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
They tried to get a signed certificate but Lynda Carter wanted way to much.
Thats makes sense to me now nbr3bagshotrow. Thank you! I bought two LC WW. I couldn't remember why I wanted the exclusive and two of them . I knew I wouldn't have bought it for a star certificate.

With the popularity of the WW movie. I know Gal Gadot signature goes for $175 at a convention if your lucky to get one. Lynda Carter signature would also go up in value cause of the popularity of the WW movie. I hope she reconsider for the fans in the future. A signature would have been a Great exclusive. Those are the breaks.. Thanks nbr3bagshotrow for the info!
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 06:18 PM   #273
Punchy
Fantastic Four

I finally opened my exclusive WW direct from Tweeterhead. I think she turned out amazing and the production paint job is really great outside some minor issues on the stars. The exclusive certificate was pretty tiny but nice to have some bonus and a numbered statue.

I found it interesting that the edition size is now 350 total for the exclusive where the website showed 500.

Overall this is my first Tweeterhead statue and I'm very impressed.

Punchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:09 PM   #274
MKS
Nightwing

Got mine and it looks great! BUT - I can’t get the front foot and back peg both into the slots. The legs seem just a tad too wide. Anyone else have this issue?

I may need to try the blowdryer trick.
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:16 PM   #275
dajuice
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS View Post
Got mine and it looks great! BUT - I can’t get the front foot and back peg both into the slots. The legs seem just a tad too wide. Anyone else have this issue?

I had the same issue. There is no way finessing those pegs into the base. I didn't want to deal with returns so I ended up drilling a hole into the base. If I tried to fit the statue into the base the way it came, I am sure the chances of breakage are high. Since I'm not selling this statue and the extra hole will not be noticeable, I busted out the drill.
dajuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:25 PM   #276
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS View Post

I had the issue also. I lined up the front peg and then the back one went in with a little pressure on top of her for.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:32 PM   #277
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I'm sure they intended Lynda to sign these, but since she did not the exclusive is hardly an exclusive or worth paying the extra for. Extra being that you could get a reg on Ebay for $215 shipped, which is what I did..
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:59 PM   #278
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I'm sure they intended Lynda to sign these, but since she did not the exclusive is hardly an exclusive or worth paying the extra for. Extra being that you could get a reg on Ebay for $215 shipped, which is what I did..
Lol marvelboi77 I normally do the same.I wait for it to go down in price and with free shipping.Smart Shopper.

I wanted the exclusive so I bought two. Should they have did something else for those who bought direct when they couldn't get a signature? I think yes like you. There nothing given back to the collector since they couldn't get a signature. We buy direct for the exclusive. There's no other reason. We get lower shipping from their retailers.

There is no difference between the exclusive and regular edition except for a number certificate. I would have saved at least $100 if I didn't buy direct.. TweeterHead a small company they didn't find a need to do anything extra to compensate. I'm a consumer I have no incentive to buy direct from them anymore.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:10 PM   #279
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
They kept trying to negotiate the cost down. It probably was planned months ago for so many exclusives and so many regulars. When they couldn’t agree on autograph fees I’m sure they weren’t going to destroy the “exclusives” so I bet they had to come up with something else.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:32 AM   #280
rykerw1701
Justice League

I would think that before you offer an exclusive, you'd have all the details worked out. Still looks like a great statue, though.

I've heard Lynda doesn't do much signing anyway. She married into some big money, so she's not exactly waiting in line for day old bread.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote