Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-12-2018, 01:01 PM   #161
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
looking at the pictures of wonder woman again and seeing the skirt kind of confirmed that to be a heavily rebirth inspired take and obviously superman is pretty much ripped from the rebirth comics. i wonder why they deviated so much with batman? we havent seen much obviously but just from the boots, leg armor and belt you can tell its a pretty far departure
The new Batman PF honestly reminds me of a comic inspired take on the Arkham suit....and I'm very okay with it as long as the grey suit is a little less dark than those teased images.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:06 PM   #162
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
The new Batman PF honestly reminds me of a comic inspired take on the Arkham suit....and I'm very okay with it as long as the grey suit is a little less dark than those teased images.
I hope so too. One of the teased photos did show a contrasting grey element to the black armor. Not quite sure if that was an arm or what.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:13 PM   #163
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
that was my take away as well, just seems odd to have 2/3 HEAVILY comic inspired and batman to be video game inspired (costume wise from what we can tell)

i would have thought a more comic style costume would have made the new trinity a little more cohesive. hopefully it will all come together when we see finished pics
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:09 PM   #164
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
that was my take away as well, just seems odd to have 2/3 HEAVILY comic inspired and batman to be video game inspired (costume wise from what we can tell)

i would have thought a more comic style costume would have made the new trinity a little more cohesive. hopefully it will all come together when we see finished pics
Yeah I think it's just Idealized or as we put it Sideshowized.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:34 PM   #165
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Yeah, IMO it's like a Finch/Arkham styled combo. It looks good. I'm only worried about 3 things, an all black costume, what the portrait(s) will look like, and who's tombstone he's standing on. I will not be happy if he's on top of his parents tombstone or that of someone he cares about.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:40 PM   #166
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Yeah, IMO it's like a Finch/Arkham styled combo. It looks good. I'm only worried about 3 things, an all black costume, what the portrait(s) will look like, and who's tombstone he's standing on. I will not be happy if he's on top of his parents tombstone or that of someone he cares about.
Well they could always do what they did with the Daredevil Comi way back when and give it magnetized plates.

One was empty, one was Elektra. That could remedy the situation.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:47 PM   #167
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Who's Tombstone

Maybe its his own... There are several iterations of tombstones with Bruce Wayne or Batman inscribed. This November will mark Bob Kane's 20 years AD, maybe this will release then?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.png
Views:	37
Size:	350.4 KB
ID:	110528  
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:57 PM   #168
adee
Green Arrow

I'm not getting one but I hope it's not just some random grave.

I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out all week.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:00 PM   #169
UTDWalker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Maybe its his own... There are several iterations of tombstones with Bruce Wayne or Batman inscribed. This November will mark Bob Kane's 20 years AD, maybe this will release then?
Nice find, that would be quite cool.

I just hope it's someone in particulars gravestone and not just a generic 'R.I.P' like it's from a cartoon or something.
UTDWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:46 PM   #170
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Well they could always do what they did with the Daredevil Comi way back when and give it magnetized plates.

One was empty, one was Elektra. That could remedy the situation.
I had the EX DD COM. I took the blank plaque and had it signed by Stan Lee at a local CON years ago. It looked so cool when it was put on the tombstone (although I can see some people thinking it may be a bit morbid). We'll see what sideshow will do with the tombstone Bats is standing on.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote