Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-17-2018, 09:45 AM   #811
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Totally appreciate the idea and the support it had, but Skeletor never sat a throne on the original box art, nor the original, pre-filmation minicomics. So it doesn't work for me. I'd rather something a little more dynamic.
You do not like the awesome picture with panthor and skeletor on his throne ?
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:51 AM   #812
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Totally appreciate the idea and the support it had, but Skeletor never sat a throne on the original box art, nor the original, pre-filmation minicomics. So it doesn't work for me. I'd rather something a little more dynamic.

Yeah of course it's a personal taste. I claim that most of the MOTU Fans know him on throne and like it, for me I would just like it but it's not an absolute must.
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:35 AM   #813
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Dont care what he is on...just want a realistic take on Skeletor to go with the bust. And for others to go with...I dont know...a realistic HeMan... :/
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:54 PM   #814
Otter
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
You do not like the awesome picture with panthor and skeletor on his throne ?
The picture is cool, for a potential statue I just envisaged something more complimentary to the He-Man one, so they could display well, squared off against each other.

I'd like him on the same Grayskull steps for a base. I imagine him in a more dynamic pose, combat-ready, exuding over-confidence.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:01 PM   #815
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I seriously hope this happens...please!!!
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:01 PM   #816
Otter
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana View Post
Yeah of course it's a personal taste. I claim that most of the MOTU Fans know him on throne and like it, for me I would just like it but it's not an absolute must.
I'm sure I'm in the minority being a non-Filmation Masters of the Universe fan. But that's what appealed so much about the previous two statues' realistic take. It reminded me of the darker, grittier box art and first four mini-comics. And the throne seems contrary to that to mez precisely because it is ao Filmation inspired.

But yes, it is personal taste. It's likely PCS weren't even chanelling the influence I see, and it was just my reading. Like everyone else, I just want to see Skeletor happen... and that if it does, that it compliments the other two statues well.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:32 PM   #817
Dandoc
Birdman

Quote:
I'm sure I'm in the minority being a non-Filmation Masters of the Universe fan. But that's what appealed so much about the previous two statues' realistic take. It reminded me of the darker, grittier box art and first four mini-comics. And the throne seems contrary to that to mez precisely because it is ao Filmation inspired.

But yes, it is personal taste. It's likely PCS weren't even chanelling the influence I see, and it was just my reading. Like everyone else, I just want to see Skeletor happen... and that if it does, that it compliments the other two statues well.
I agree with you, I was more a fan of the earlier comics and box art rather than filmation. I recently bought the Rudy Obrero box art collection which I love. I don’t mind however if Skeletor is sitting or standing - just hope we get one! Fingers crossed.
Dandoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:39 PM   #818
iguana
Blue Falcon

Yeah, guess I like it cause I was very young when I got into MOTU (and I saw the cartoon). At this time I didn't even know for a long time that Comics existed before lol. But yes a Skeletor (best with Panthor) however the pose is would be awesome!
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:16 PM   #819
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

I didnt watch the cartoon as much as I played with the toys. Thats what I love about these ones so much. They feel like a grown up, lifelike tribute to the toys. Heman and Battlecat designs are perfect. Hope they come up with something dynamic to match this set.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:04 PM   #820
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I just sold my Sideshow Skeletor and He-man. I look at those and they just don't give me the feeling of nostalgia like the new He-man and battlecat do. Really hoping we get a matching Skeletor.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote