Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-28-2018, 06:29 PM   #2041
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Basically as individuals we all demand quality but together as a market, the demand has been on quantity (both in terms of ES AND number of products).

The PreOrder model is a huge part of what allows this. All of these Guts and statues in general are purchased unaware of the quality of the final product other than previous results.
Very true. If we were all smart we wouldn't buy until they finished and presented their piece in all it's "glory". That wouldn't help new businesses though as they can't afford to put their own money down to make a product without costumer support.

But yeah we basically allow companies to screw us over the moment money has changed hands. Too many people are willing to keep statues as is, flaws and all, instead of holding companies accountable.

If a company won't prioritize their fan bases satisfaction, then they deserve to go under in my opinion.

You don't need to capitalize on profits by cutting corners, if you consistently bring out solid products, then the profits will capitalize on their own.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:48 PM   #2042
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Very true. If we were all smart we wouldn't buy until they finished and presented their piece in all it's "glory". That wouldn't help new businesses though as they can't afford to put their own money down to make a product without costumer support.

But yeah we basically allow companies to screw us over the moment money has changed hands. Too many people are willing to keep statues as is, flaws and all, instead of holding companies accountable.

If a company won't prioritize their fan bases satisfaction, then they deserve to go under in my opinion.

You don't need to capitalize on profits by cutting corners, if you consistently bring out solid products, then the profits will capitalize on their own.

Totally one of the main issues....
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:04 PM   #2043
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:

Unfortunately in the short term of these past few 7 years or so (yes short term applies since these products have a turnaround of years) this doesn't bear out to be true, not against this type of competition.

I'm not absolving any statue company of any ultimate responsibility but offering a different perspective...

It's easy to blame producers but how difficult would it be for an auto company to provide a quality product when every single manufacturer you have available as a vendor is incentivized by market economics to produce low quality?
The manufacturers have far more influence on what we receive than the producers regardless that the producers are initiating and funding the production.

We as collectors love to proclaim our dedication to a company or line or license but trust me either collectors' dedication or ability to keep pace with the market gives out long before a producer's dedication to their products. It's way easier to just keep doing what you've been doing. If the money and dedication were there Macaluso would still be in the same SF game he had been in for the past 10 years regardless of even if he himself believes his claims of wanting to solely focus on art.

Collectors are too fickle and whimsical and both artists and customers tastes are too subjective.
Consistently producing non-essentials that a thousand or so customers, from a majorly shared customer pool, are willing to wait years for and pay $600+ to get is a daunting task.

It would take a whole different type of "company" to sustain loses for years and years with hopefully turning a profit eventually from brand loyalty.
I'm not saying it is easy prima facie but this game is too easy for too many to enter for the competition to be sufficiently restricted for that to happen.

EDIT: Ah I wish COI was here. He surely could put this all more eloquently and succinctly than I.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:41 AM   #2044
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Unfortunately in the short term of these past few 7 years or so (yes short term applies since these products have a turnaround of years) this doesn't bear out to be true, not against this type of competition.

I'm not absolving any statue company of any ultimate responsibility but offering a different perspective...

It's easy to blame producers but how difficult would it be for an auto company to provide a quality product when every single manufacturer you have available as a vendor is incentivized by market economics to produce low quality?
The manufacturers have far more influence on what we receive than the producers regardless that the producers are initiating and funding the production.

We as collectors love to proclaim our dedication to a company or line or license but trust me either collectors' dedication or ability to keep pace with the market gives out long before a producer's dedication to their products. It's way easier to just keep doing what you've been doing. If the money and dedication were there Macaluso would still be in the same SF game he had been in for the past 10 years regardless of even if he himself believes his claims of wanting to solely focus on art.

Collectors are too fickle and whimsical and both artists and customers tastes are too subjective.
Consistently producing non-essentials that a thousand or so customers, from a majorly shared customer pool, are willing to wait years for and pay $600+ to get is a daunting task.

It would take a whole different type of "company" to sustain loses for years and years with hopefully turning a profit eventually from brand loyalty.
I'm not saying it is easy prima facie but this game is too easy for too many to enter for the competition to be sufficiently restricted for that to happen.

EDIT: Ah I wish COI was here. He surely could put this all more eloquently and succinctly than I.
i agree 100%
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:54 AM   #2045
frag
Fantastic Four

My waitlist for the Guts Berserker Armor Exclusive just converted a few hours ago! So happy! I hope others still on the waitlist get converted soon.

Just FYI, I waitlisted a few hours right after the exclusive went OOS.
frag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 03:10 AM   #2046
Chargersfan57

Quote:

I kind of get what you're saying but at the same time am totally confused by it as well.

You're saying it's too daunting for companies to keep standards high when dealing with manufacturers and past products ordered by fickle people and they'll deal with heavy loses before they get dedicated brand loyalty?

I guess I'm a little confused by all that when I'm thinking myself if a company dedicated themselves to high production values, then they'll keep costumers around who gladly open their purse strings for future releases. I know that's why I no longer collect from SS.

It would take one hell of a liscense for me to jump back in their bandwagon. But if P1, or any company for that matter brings me the best quality well rest assured that's where my money will go time and again.

With P1 being so great, I know have options to collect QUALITY berserk, batman, bloodborne, marvel, D.C., transformers, king kong, anime etc. I can collect quality pieces from all different lines including others they pursue.

A repeat costumer means continued money. But if a company disappoints then Hasta la vista! There's your profit vs nonprofit.

PCS also lost me due to certain elements up to and including poor qc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag View Post
My waitlist for the Guts Berserker Armor Exclusive just converted a few hours ago! So happy! I hope others still on the waitlist get converted soon.

Just FYI, I waitlisted a few hours right after the exclusive went OOS.
Congrats! When did you get on? I have no idea when the sell out was. I'm on the wailist and I'm wondering what my chances are.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:20 AM   #2047
frag
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Congrats! When did you get on? I have no idea when the sell out was. I'm on the wailist and I'm wondering what my chances are.
I've been on the waitlist since Sep 15, 2017 at 2:05 PM Pacific time.
frag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 03:28 AM   #2048
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag View Post
I've been on the waitlist since Sep 15, 2017 at 2:05 PM Pacific time.
Yikes! I got on Feb 27, 2018...

Not feeling very lucky!
Old 03-29-2018, 06:43 AM   #2049
oddmania
Blue Falcon

How long did we wait to order Guts after it was revealed ? I was wondering when will Slan be up for pre-order.
oddmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:06 PM   #2050
SONICobra
Batman

sneak peak

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29401481_189046221709999_8664169287780401152_n(1).jpg
Views:	100
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	112784  
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote