Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-15-2018, 07:59 PM   #41
#Brian
Shadowhawk

I'm too lazy to search the forum, but PCS said that from this point forward, the statue you see on the preview pics is the statue they will be producing, no exception. This was in reply to the promised but not delivered changes to Camouflage Conan and Rambo hand. They said they simply can not stop production that late in the development and change things.
Perhaps someone who has the patience can find that post, I believe it was in the Rambo thread.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:32 PM   #42
chris1203
The Spirit
Adamantium Plus Member

Head is a deal breaker for me.
chris1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:37 PM   #43
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
I'm too lazy to search the forum, but PCS said that from this point forward, the statue you see on the preview pics is the statue they will be producing, no exception. This was in reply to the promised but not delivered changes to Camouflage Conan and Rambo hand. They said they simply can not stop production that late in the development and change things.
Perhaps someone who has the patience can find that post, I believe it was in the Rambo thread.
Well that’s sucks. Could have been epic but it’s currently a let down. Surprised PCS finalized that mask....
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:43 PM   #44
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Well that’s sucks. Could have been epic but it’s currently a let down. Surprised PCS finalized that mask....
Found it...page 88 of the Conan thread...

From Facebook concerning the decision to not change the Conan War paint pattern.
It may be safe to assume the Rambo Hand will not be changed, however they are tweaking the hair there may be hope,......

Quote from Red Ant.....
Apologies for the delayed reply, but please keep in mind I have two jobs and a family. So I’m doing my best to keep up. Now on war paint. It is too late to make any changes as Conan is leaving China in November. To Brian point, Jerry used the painter as Sideshow. I wish it was a easy fix, but it’s not and would move Conan to Jan/Feb leave factory date. Plus could possibly cause the factory to drop the project all together. This was a lot of the issues PCS had in the past with super late deliveries because there were last minute requests and factories dropping projects. We are moving to where the preorders will be factory samples. This will quicken delivery dates AND what you see at preorder will be what you get (unless we throw in extras like we did with Akuma Ultimate).
Old 04-15-2018, 10:58 PM   #45
qz33
Rescue

I'm not so sure this is a factory sample as he is speaking of there.
They were gonna show this at Monsterpalooza but it wasn't ready.

Guile at PO was definitely too good to be a factory sample.

It's easy to say they will only show samples but implementing it is a whole other matter and would require delaying some much needed PO income.

Jerry said he'd fix Conan before it even went up for order...
in June 2016. He never was going to pay the money to fix it because he had the opportunity and instead did nothing especially once he intended to sell PCS.

In this game you can't trust what you hear or even what you see before delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Quote:
PCS made a wonderful sculpt, it deserves the correct paint, not a Sideshow copy....
Couldnt agree more. Ill have it corrected, but pre-ordering is moving along as planned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Jerry (speaking in the third person heheh) is unfortunately far too busy to check everything personally.

I rely on others, who unfortunately drop the ball far too often. So when I ask my team 'is this war paint correct', and they reply 'yes', I take their word for it.

My bad. Ill take care of it...
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:46 AM   #46
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I'm not so sure this is a factory sample as he is speaking of there.
They were gonna show this at Monsterpalooza but it wasn't ready.

Guile at PO was definitely too good to be a factory sample.

It's easy to say they will only show samples but implementing it is a whole other matter and would require delaying some much needed PO income.

Jerry said he'd fix Conan before it even went up for order...
in June 2016. He never was going to pay the money to fix it because he had the opportunity and instead did nothing especially once he intended to sell PCS.

In this game you can't trust what you hear or even what you see before delivery.
I don't think he was talking about factory production pieces, but rather the final prototype that is sent to the factory to reproduce. That is a "factory sample" I think he was referring to. Although if that is the case, the correct term would be factory master I think.
Meaning, the prototype in the PO picture is the factory sample that they will use to replicate the statue, no further changes once the factory sample is completed, photographed, and put up for PO.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:49 AM   #47
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
I think the comment related to a piece in production at the factory. Halloween is different, as i'm assuming it's at prototype stage, not factory stage, although very close.

I can't imagine PCS changing the Halloween statue, as on Instagram, the comments are positive.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:12 AM   #48
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Silent Surfer on the other forums said on April 12th...

Quote:
Looks like an alternate mask is in the works, and I'm back art directing it. This could be even better than I hoped.
So multiple heads? Wait for the PO info....
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:32 AM   #49
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Silent Surfer on the other forums said on April 12th...

So multiple heads? Wait for the PO info....
If that's the case, it's pretty stupid to preview a Michael Myers that is based on his Halloween 1 appearance, with a mask that is not Halloween 1. Easiest way to deter potential buyers

Plus, with all this criticism, surely it would be logical for someone from pcs to come out and say 'we have other portraits planned. Don't worry.'
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:56 AM   #50
carty1983
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

why would they show the preview with a non 78 looking mask, i am sure if they had a better mask it would have been shown instead or even after the flack this mask has taken, if there is another mask it is probably the same bad mask with blood tears or something like that, do not get your hopes up if you are thinking this is an alternate mask and the real 78 one is a bonus, this is the main mask and it is a disaster.
carty1983 is offline   Reply With Quote