Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #71
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I posted a picture of my personal Myers mask on Facebook to these guys and said if they needed a really good reference for a mask, to look at mine. I was thanked by Ant within a few minutes and told they have plenty of reference pics. Then the preorder pic surfaced, and all I saw was an H6/H7 head sculpt. They have plenty of reference pics, I guess. I hope to see a revised picture of a definitive H1 Myers before preorder day.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:53 AM   #72
qz33
Doctor Doom

Well thanks for trying.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:45 PM   #73
Dreamland
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I've spent thousands on Popcultureshock statues, and was really looking forward to this piece as my definitive Halloween statue. I have an epic Halloween poster that is signed by Jamie Lee Curtis, John Carpenter, and Nick Castle "The Shape", this statue would go great with it.

With all due respect as of right now I'm not pulling the trigger for the reasons many have said.

+ Myers Stance
+ Staircase base

- The mask is off, looks like a mashup I cant quite put my finger on it, head too "Wide" maybe
- The body is too thick and bulky. The statue actually looks like the body shape from Halloween 6: Curse of Michael Myers

It seems to me the whole statue needs "thinning" out. On a personal note I would make the clothes a touch brighter blue and the mask a tad brighter white.
Dreamland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:02 AM   #74
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamland View Post
I've spent thousands on Popcultureshock statues, and was really looking forward to this piece as my definitive Halloween statue. I have an epic Halloween poster that is signed by Jamie Lee Curtis, John Carpenter, and Nick Castle "The Shape", this statue would go great with it.

With all due respect as of right now I'm not pulling the trigger for the reasons many have said.

+ Myers Stance
+ Staircase base

- The mask is off, looks like a mashup I cant quite put my finger on it, head too "Wide" maybe
- The body is too thick and bulky. The statue actually looks like the body shape from Halloween 6: Curse of Michael Myers

It seems to me the whole statue needs "thinning" out. On a personal note I would make the clothes a touch brighter blue and the mask a tad brighter white.
While I have a lot of issues with this statue, coming from a hardcore Carpenter and Halloween fan, i disagree with some of your criticisms.

The main criticism, which I agree with , is that his mask is completely off, and his facial shape is too wide as you stated; Nick Castle's H1 face was much more elongated.

However, I don't agree that his body is wrong, definitely not the size of Wilbur from H6 anyway. That dude was chubby, and this guy isn't. Compare the product to the screenshot of Michael on the stairs from the movie, and you will see they are almost identical. Maybe bring the boiler suit in at the waist a little, but that's about it. I also think the colours are fine for the suit, as is the mask.

His pose is great, but I think it should resemble the scene from the movie exactly, as it doesn't translate accurately at the moment. He looks to be in an offensive position with his knife hand out, where as in the film he was simply standing , slightly forward position with his knife hand just in front of him in an almost 'supernatural' stance. Like he doesn't know what he's doing with the knife, it's just there. Kind of like what Michael was like with the scalpel in H2, it was just there as an extension of his body, he never had his arm extended with the scalpel, much like the knife, it was just slightly out there from his mid-riff.

Case in point, his knife hand needs to be brought in to where his stomach is , and he needs to not be lunging forward as much.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:18 PM   #75
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Interested to see the ‘ghost’ costume. If they sort the mask the ex is the only way to go, spec below.

Polystone figure
Mixed Media Costume
Sculpted Head with Mixed Media Hair
Swap Out Hand to Hold Sheet
Real Metal Knife
Bed Sheet 'Ghost' Costume
Eyeglasses Accessory
Jack O' Lantern Accessory (w/ Light Up Feature)
Judith Myers Tombstone Accessory
Plain Black 'Space Saver' Base (Reduces overall dimensions to 26"H x 13"W x 8"D)
Certificate of Authenticity
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:02 PM   #76
ukshaun
Hercules

(Pop Culture Shock Collectors Group)

Pre Order for our HALLOWEEN Michael Myers 1:3 Statue has been delayed
as we make some adjustments to the figure. Our team is working hard to
make sure the details on this incredible piece live up to our own standards
as well as those of the series' die hard fans. Pre Order is now slated for May
7th and we will have the full reveal, including the updated mask, up this
week!

This appeared on Facebook about an hour ago.
(sorry if it's a repost)
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:18 PM   #77
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
(Pop Culture Shock Collectors Group)

Pre Order for our HALLOWEEN Michael Myers 1:3 Statue has been delayed
as we make some adjustments to the figure. Our team is working hard to
make sure the details on this incredible piece live up to our own standards
as well as those of the series' die hard fans. Pre Order is now slated for May
7th and we will have the full reveal, including the updated mask, up this
week!

No repost and always thanks for posting.

This appeared on Facebook about an hour ago.
(sorry if it's a repost)
No repost and alaways thanks for posting.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:29 PM   #78
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Interested to see the ‘ghost’ costume. If they sort the mask the ex is the only way to go, spec below.
Surely it will just be the sheet they use for the hand, to pop over the body, with the glasses on top.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:01 PM   #79
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Surely it will just be the sheet they use for the hand, to pop over the body, with the glasses on top.
Obviously, but I’m still interested to see it.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:05 PM   #80
BurningRage
Inhumans

From FB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A6811AFB-A8B4-4C15-8FCF-6EF3BE01FC30.jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	113492  
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote