Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-21-2018, 08:43 AM   #231
adee
Green Arrow

I thought Charlize when I first saw it but Serinda Swan was a damn good call.

Beautiful either way. I hope the sculpt looks just like that render.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:13 AM   #232
gearhead
The Herculoids

I'm gonna wait to see an actual sculpt before forming an opinion on this one, but I'm not feeling the concept art at all. Has a very cartoony, bishoujo vibe to it. It doesn't fit at all with the other hyper-realistic sculpts SS has been doing lately. Maybe the sculpt will be different, as some of the other recent DC concept art has varied a lot.

Also, her gouging the stone that way is dumb. Should just be lines, like if you scratched stone with a knife. Like cat scratches. She's not Super-Catwoman.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:19 AM   #233
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I'm gonna wait to see an actual sculpt before forming an opinion on this one, but I'm not feeling the concept art at all. Has a very cartoony, bishoujo vibe to it. It doesn't fit at all with the other hyper-realistic sculpts SS has been doing lately. Maybe the sculpt will be different, as some of the other recent DC concept art has varied a lot.

Also, her gouging the stone that way is dumb. Should just be lines, like if you scratched stone with a knife. Like cat scratches. She's not Super-Catwoman.
I thought the gouges were claws on first glance.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:26 AM   #234
adee
Green Arrow

I thought it was a cool touch but it's a good point. She'd need super human strength to be able to do that.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:44 AM   #235
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I thought it was a cool touch but it's a good point. She'd need super human strength to be able to do that.
Many iterations of this character has her cutting through glass with her claws, so is it hard to imagine her doing this to stone?
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:27 PM   #236
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
Many iterations of this character has her cutting through glass with her claws, so is it hard to imagine her doing this to stone?
It's pretty hard yes. It doesn't bother me to much but I think it's a fair observation.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:38 PM   #237
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
While it's pretty obvious that there is heavy influence from BTAS, I don't think it's actually described as having anything to do with BTAS, so why can't they take liberties?
Sorry for the late response. In answer to your question the answer is simple. They can take liberties. I just don't think it's a great idea as I have never seen her wear a backpack so it seems weird to me. Although maybe she has and I have never noticed. As for how she looks. I need more pics. I do like the choice in costume!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:55 PM   #238
SONICobra
Batman

backpack makes sense to me, i mean shes a cat burglar - its not like shes wearing cargo pants, dont know where else she could put the goods

in regards to BTAS influence - never EVER a bad thing. BTAS got so many things right, i would say their one misstep was bane. other than that character design was always on point
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:13 PM   #239
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Maybe its a poorly made gargoyle, not enough cement in the mix. I mean, it is a Sideshow piece
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:22 PM   #240
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Maybe its a poorly made gargoyle, not enough cement in the mix. I mean, it is a Sideshow piece
SHOTS FIRED
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote