Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-18-2018, 11:02 AM   #721
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
You remember this? With Sideshow it is just puzzling sometimes. I've stopped caring about these things as I've gotten older. With these new Sideshowified costumes and never ending price increases it's a good thing. I can't even remember that last Sideshow piece that's gotten me properly excited.

I actually don't remember seeing that before. Punisher PF?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:13 AM   #722
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
So true, even on their worse pieces they have some of the most civil constructive criticism lol, to be fair though maybe its because their willing to make changes.
Can't disagree with you there. Sideshow's we know what is good for you attitude isn't helping matters.

darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:13 AM   #723
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I actually don't remember seeing that before. Punisher PF?
Yup teased shortly before preorder and then....poof.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:17 AM   #724
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Yup teased shortly before preorder and then....poof.
Ah, yeah I don't remember that, but that's precisely my point. All companies (including XM) need to stop teasing things unless they have gone through approval. It would save everyone a lot of frustration.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:24 AM   #725
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Ah, yeah I don't remember that, but that's precisely my point. All companies (including XM) need to stop teasing things unless they have gone through approval. It would save everyone a lot of frustration.
Yeah it's a double edged sword. Teasers build excitement but people can lose interest if nothing shows up. I see it a lot with Prime 1. Still love their stuff but the wait can be tiring sometimes.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:46 PM   #726
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Here is an example... the new XM 1/6 Joker. Looks like an action figure concept. Chattering teeth weapon and joker robot base? What the hell is it? Not to mention the mediocre headsculpt. Zero hate for it in the XM thread. If Sideshow had designed it people would be spewing venom.

This is the case for most XM releases. Sideshow fans blindly defending all products? Maybe for a small minority but have you guys seen how heavily the new Batman and Poison Ivy PFs were criticized.

XM Joker with a stupid weapon that makes no sense....brilliant what an ingenious design!!! Statue of the year!! Oh wait that title is already reserved for the super busy and tacky white Magneto.

Looks how ridiculous this thing is...

Don’t want to turn this into a Joker thread but I personally like bases with a story and XMs base definitely fits Jokers persona. I like this statue along with Sideshows take on Joker as well. Think they are both great. Not sure why you are ripping this Joker and not Sideshows? They are both very similar with action poses.

Everyone has different tastes. I can tell by the way you are talking that you aren’t a fan of large elaborate bases with action poses while I’m the opposite and love them. If I could choose action or museum pose, it would be action pose all day.

I haven’t seen anyone call the Joker, statue of the year. Statue of the year in my opinion will go to XM Hulkbuster, Sideshow Thanos or XM Weapon X
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:46 PM   #727
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Don’t want to turn this into a Joker thread but I personally like bases with a story and XMs base definitely fits Jokers persona. I like this statue along with Sideshows take on Joker as well. Think they are both great. Not sure why you are ripping this Joker and not Sideshows? They are both very similar with action poses.

Everyone has different tastes. I can tell by the way you are talking that you aren’t a fan of large elaborate bases with action poses while I’m the opposite and love them. If I could choose action or museum pose, it would be action pose all day.

I haven’t seen anyone call the Joker, statue of the year. Statue of the year in my opinion will go to XM Hulkbuster, Sideshow Thanos or XM Weapon X
I’m not talking about Sideshow’s Joker because my point was on how a lot (not all) XM fans pile on Sideshow while praising the most mediocre of sculpts from XM. This Joker is one of those mediocre even poor sculpts in my opinion. The portrait is poor as is the pose. Don’t see how it fits the Joker’s persona...he’s never struck me as an engineering genius. Giant Joker robot? Is this from Ninja Batman? What is he holding? Does it spray Joker gas or is it something he bites you with? Or is it a two in one? And I don’t like Sudeshow’s version that much either (yes I think it is a bit too busy) but at least the sculpt and pose are leaps and bounds better. I much prefer the classic first Joker PF.

And if your argument is it’s because it’s a smaller scale look no further than Teeeterhead’s 1/6 version which is awesome in my book.

Go take a look in the XM threads and tell me that they are held to the same standards as Sideshow by collectors. It’s not even close. Yet we have XM fans over here constantly proclaiming that the competition isn’t even close.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:51 PM   #728
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
I’m not talking about Sideshow’s Joker because my point was on how a lot (not all) XM fans pile on Sideshow while praising the most mediocre of sculpts from XM. This Joker is one of those mediocre even poor sculpts in my opinion. The portrait is poor as is the pose. Don’t see how it fits the Joker’s persona...he’s never struck me as an engineering genius. Giant Joker robot? Is this from Ninja Batman? What is he holding? Does it spray Joker gas or is it something he bites you with? Or is it a two in one? And I don’t like Sudeshow’s version that much either (yes I think it is a bit too busy) but at least the sculpt and pose are leaps and bounds better. I much prefer the classic first Joker PF.

And if your argument is it’s because it’s a smaller scale look no further than Teeeterhead’s 1/6 version which is awesome in my book.

Go take a look in the XM threads and tell me that they are held to the same standards as Sideshow by collectors. It’s not even close. Yet we have XM fans over here constantly proclaiming that the competition isn’t even close.
We need more people like you on XM section lol. I feel like people are more careful with what they say there.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:06 PM   #729
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:

PRECISELY..
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:10 PM   #730
Detective27
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Agree 100%. It's common sense, I say.
Detective27 is offline   Reply With Quote