Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-19-2018, 11:20 AM   #461
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

not sure how slide became slight. lol

Anyways, that's what it was supposed to be obviously.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:25 AM   #462
Demona
Martian Manhunter

So people are fine with a total PVC Rogue, but were not with Swamp Thing? I would think the same concerns about bending/warping/sagging over time would be a concern with Rogue. At least it is MY concern. Given she is suspended, gravity is going to have even more of a chance to mess with a PVC Rogue. As she has not been confirmed to be PVC I will assume she is NOT.

I will say that until somebody can prove the structural integrity of PVC, IF Rogue is PVC - I will NOT buy, no less pay Marquette pricing for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
It's absolutely something to consider (and I have thought about a lot as well). The other point I'm wondering (as I am not scientist or physics expert), but wouldn't Rogue be even more worrisome as she is held horizontally vs. Spider-Man who is vertical? Meaning she would need an even stronger support? IDK I may be way off, but has crossed my mind.
I think the difference is that Rogue's base and her bend at least three (3) times. Spider-Man is at least in the same line as his base and only bends at his shoulder. So for Rogue, the base itself is actually the engineering issue because it has to be stable, then be stable enough to hold her straight out.

I will bet that her body is super thinly cast to reduce weight. I can see shipping breaks happening hardcore with this.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:37 AM   #463
Rycher
Birdman

Would the bending forces not be similar though for both the Spidey PF and this, considering the bodies in both cases are both acting as beams, with the difference being Spidey rotates about the shoulder and Rogue rotates about the wrist? This of course assumes the length and weight of the bodies are similar though.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:38 AM   #464
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

yeah breaks are a concern with something this complex. With comparing her to the spiderman PF, the engineering I think has to be quite a bit different with a horizontal attachment, thin arm and like Demona pointed out the multiple bends. Spidey was just an easy 1 angle to address. I'm confident that we wont see Sag in the rogue because they did a great job with spidey and i have had no problem with mine and have seen very few complaints of him sagging.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:36 PM   #465
built2shred
Phoenix

IF the statue is PVC, I'm not going to spend $700+ on plastic... now if they want to sell it for $350 then I would consider it...

It will be interesting to see how they engineered this statue to keep it from leaning or even paint cracking from stress points over time with polystone.. I do think anyone who pre-orders this is taking a bit of a gamble... As I've mentioned before SS is not know for their engineering feats...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #466
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

No one here is saying they are wishing it's PVC. It was just a thought regarding a possibility to avoid leaning/drooping/cracking since she is only suspended to the base at her wrist.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:43 PM   #467
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
IF the statue is PVC, I'm not going to spend $700+ on plastic... now if they want to sell it for $350 then I would consider it...

It will be interesting to see how they engineered this statue to keep it from leaning or even paint cracking from stress points over time.. I do think anyone who pre-orders this is taking a bit of a gamble... As I've mentioned before SS is not know for their engineering feats...
The weird thing about sideshow is that they use everything to justify price increases. They would say its more expensive because it's PVC. Then the next statue is all polystone, so that ones more expensive. This one is more expensive because it has mixed media and the other is more expensive because its all sculpt. I'm sure a lot of you noticed the same thing.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:49 PM   #468
NuSoard
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Do any of you collect PVC anime statues? I do. Some of them get pretty large, too, and honestly, I haven't heard of leaning or paint cracking issues with any of them (I read extensively about all the ones I purchase or want).

That's not to say I don't wish this would be polystone. But either way, I should think durability to be dependent on balanced design, as well as care by owner.

Unless Sideshow is different?

I just started collecting Sideshow, and none of my pieces are out yet.
NuSoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #469
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Anyone here thinks this piece will be less than 1k?
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:54 PM   #470
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
The weird thing about sideshow is that they use everything to justify price increases. They would say its more expensive because it's PVC. Then the next statue is all polystone, so that ones more expensive. This one is more expensive because it has mixed media and the other is more expensive because its all sculpt. I'm sure a lot of you noticed the same thing.
Yeah I've noticed that also, they've contradicted themselves a couple times...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote