Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-30-2018, 12:59 PM   #51
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
its probably the only way they could get away doing a 1/4 scale alien, no one had the comic license
Probably the same reason Prime 1 were allowed to do a stupidly cartoony 1:4 Venom based on a single lackluster limited series better left forgotten, Dark Origin. Yeah, it's accurate to the source, but it's still stupidly cartoony.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:02 PM   #52
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Shoulders are fine for this version of Alien. The people complaining are the ones not familiar with the comic based Aliens/Predators. This is a great rendition of the Wrightson comic version imo. To me, I lump these people who are complaining about the shoulders into the same group as those who wonder why Lobo has dolphins or why Batman has a "gun".

I'm fully aware of what this version of the Alien is based on. I imagine most people taking a genuine interest in this are at this point. Nor am I campaigning for them to be altered. I just don't like them from an aesthetic stand point is all. Accuracy doesn't really come in to play so much with these comic versions as the originals are extremely simplified. P1 can have some fun with them and do as they wish, it's all cool. That's a good thing in fact as I'm sure they will make one down the line that I'll love also. They have altered certain aspects, the bulbous dome has gone for example and the ribs are different. The shoulders alone (while clearly based on that design) Haven't translated well into physical form very well in my opinion. And they are weird enough on a xeno for me personally not to buy this despite the rest being nice. This isn't a right or wrong thing, just an opinion that I wished to share because Aliens and Predators are my only true love on this forum and I enjoy getting involved whether it's in a positive or negative manner. If you love it, that's cool also and I look forward to seeing your pictures when you receive it. I don't even mind that I've been put off of this as it's money saved for the Big chap that I'm patiently and excitedly awaiting.

All of that said, why does Batman have a gun?
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:08 PM   #53
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
All of that said, why does Batman have a gun?
Janie gave it to him.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:19 PM   #54
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Probably the same reason Prime 1 were allowed to do a stupidly cartoony 1:4 Venom based on a single lackluster limited series better left forgotten, Dark Origin. Yeah, it's accurate to the source, but it's still stupidly cartoony.
all true, i personally wish they would stop trying to find loopholes to produce things other companies have licenses for and focus on properties no one else already has but they supposedly do :cough:gundam:cough:

i think this is a cool looking statue myself but im not an alien collector. all i know of alien / pred / JP fans is the statues better be faithful to the movies or else lol
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 02:16 PM   #55
clutch
Sailor Moon

It would be better if they were not shaped like inner-tubes.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 02:44 PM   #56
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
Than is not for you. You can move on let those who are interest.
This is a forum with hundreds of different opinions, positive or negative. This isn’t Prime1s FB. So give this coddled line a rest and start handling criticism.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:06 PM   #57
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
The point is, no one cares about a comic alien. It’s a terrible design. Don’t even start about the comic thing, which was made after the movie.
I care about it. So, you're wrong. I think it's an interesting take on the alien. I hope we get more alien (and predator) comic-themed statues.

Quote:
This is a forum with hundreds of different opinions, positive or negative. This isn’t Prime1s FB. So give this coddled line a rest and start handling criticism.
You're not giving out constructive criticism, you're just being a dick.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:21 PM   #58
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I care about it. So, you're wrong. I think it's an interesting take on the alien. I hope we get more alien (and predator) comic-themed statues.

You're not giving out constructive criticism, you're just being a dick.
You seem sensitive. I apologize for hurting your feelings. Can we make up?
Old 07-30-2018, 03:24 PM   #59
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
You seem sensitive. I apologize for hurting your feelings. Can we make up?
Tell me, if you're not interested in this product and have no constructive feedback, what the ---- are you doing here?
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:28 PM   #60
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Tell me, if you're not interested in this product and have no constructive feedback, what the ---- are you doing here?
You’re such a HUGE hypocrite. I see so many of your posts bagging on pieces that you aren’t buying. So if you’re going to preach this, then start walking the walk.