Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-31-2018, 04:00 PM   #491
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
The 2 new X-23 issues are pretty great. Really worth picking up if any of you are interested. My 1st time reading this character's books.
I’m liking it too. Really glad she’s given up the Wolverine cowl and I’m looking forward to the real Wolverine’s return.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:16 PM   #492
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

How do you guy's think she'll get of being ensnared by that tendril thing? And don't say she'll chop it off with her claws, because even if the tendril is a weaker metal than adamantium, she'd still have to have super strength to force her blades through it
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:19 PM   #493
sith_apprentice
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Wolverine has sheared through many, many Sentinels in his time, without super strength. The adamantium is that sharp.

The question has always been, is he strong enough to cut through Colossus?
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:21 PM   #494
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_apprentice View Post
Wolverine has sheared through many, many Sentinels in his time, without super strength. The adamantium is that sharp.
That's something I've always had a problem with. It's dumb. Lazy writing
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:23 PM   #495
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
How do you guy's think she'll get of being ensnared by that tendril thing? And don't say she'll chop it off with her claws, because even if the tendril is a weaker metal than adamantium, she'd still have to have super strength to force her blades through it
She has super strength...
Old 07-31-2018, 04:27 PM   #496
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Oh absolutely. There's one person that I swear just buys everything with boobs, even if they know nothing of the character.
Hah yeah I think I know who you're talking about. I'm on the FB groups and he has like every female Sideshow PF with like maybe a Batman or Superman sprinkled in!
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:42 PM   #497
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
You get your ass to a comic book shop and buy a RS and Aspen book, sit down and read ihem from one end to the other. Tomorrow, we will have a test!!
Hah I actually have some of RS and Aspen comics I bought ages ago when I was still into comics. I used to spend like $75-$80 EVERY WEEK at the local comic shop in my youth but I kind of stopped a few years after I finished college (around 2004-2005 or so). I bought Aspen, Fathom, and Soulfire mainly for the art because I loved Michael Turner's work at the time. I honestly don't remember what the stories were about but I do remember flipping through the pages looking at the art!

Yeah for a period there, I was more mesmerized by the artists and their art than the actual content itself so I was buying stuff from Michael Turner, J. Scott Campbell, Joe Madureira, Greg Capullo/Todd McFarlane, etc. Every once in awhile, I do think about going to my local comic shop again and browsing stuff since I've missed the last 13+ years but this hobby is already expensive enough!
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:10 PM   #498
sith_apprentice
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
That's something I've always had a problem with. It's dumb. Lazy writing
Regardless, you can't move the goalposts, since it's been established that Wolverine can cut through a sentinel.

Besides, Marvel Comics is one big collection of dumb, lazy writing. Did any of us actually think that Wolverine would remain dead?
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:49 AM   #499
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
She has super strength...
She’s definitely stronger then the average teenage girl but when did she get super strength? I’m not as read up on X-23 as I am other characters since I think most X-Men books since AvX have been either dumb or insignificant, but when I read her in Uncanny X-Men years ago, and her first (maybe second?) solo series co-starring Gambit, I don’t remember her having super strength.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:29 AM   #500
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
She’s definitely stronger then the average teenage girl but when did she get super strength? I’m not as read up on X-23 as I am other characters since I think most X-Men books since AvX have been either dumb or insignificant, but when I read her in Uncanny X-Men years ago, and her first (maybe second?) solo series co-starring Gambit, I don’t remember her having super strength.
Well it depends on what your definition of super strength is I guess. If you only define it as superman levels of strength than no, but I would just define it as being significantly stronger than the average human. I guess you could call it "enhanced strength" if you like, but it's all the same to me.