Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 05:23 PM   #91
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
Fine with me as long as PCS doesn't lie to my face and give me a story about mailing the base to Jerry to sign.
They only mail the sticker that goes on the bottom. Not the entire base.

That is why this method is plausible.

Conan was signed a long time ago. It could’ve been Jerry. Wait for another confirmation post before you get too worked up.

Or just settle for zero reply of any kind in the topic. That’s the usual treatment.

And the company owners are MIA.

Maybe Safaraz can help us
Old 08-09-2018, 05:28 PM   #92
CyberSteak
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
An autograph from Jet Li Macao Lu Shu at the factory is good enough, no?
*googles*

Wait a second. I don't think that person actually exists.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:46 PM   #93
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post

Conan was signed a long time ago. It could’ve been Jerry. Wait for another confirmation post before you get too worked up.

Or just settle for zero reply of any kind in the topic. That’s the usual treatment.

They can't afford postage at this point. These sigs are fake as he'll.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:00 PM   #94
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
They can't afford postage at this point. These sigs are fake as he'll.
They had to take a loan out just for the ink. And look where that got them!
Old 08-09-2018, 06:27 PM   #95
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post

I'm well aware it was just the base plate because that is exactly what PCS told me they sent out.
You are right, it seems plausible just like everything else that say.

How is that saying again? It's not what you say, but what you do that defines you. So far PCS has said a lot of fantastic things...

I've been worked up ever since the war paint pattern lie. So this isn't going to bother me much.

...not as much as the base on my Conan sinking in. Its no longer flat, but concave like a skateboard and no reply from CS.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:53 PM   #96
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaSight View Post
Not lied to. That was the intention but the new owners and I have massive creative differences and we discovered we couldnt work together.

Thats about all I can say for now.
That's a very polite way of saying the new owners think they have artistic talent. The ability to hire Hive to do concepts does not make one an art director.

Jerry, some unsolicited advice. Don't bother with Zbrush. Find someone who still believes in traditional sculpting, is willing to bankroll a new company and can handle production. Start small. Stay small. Acquire some niche licenses that haven't been tapped and do what you do best. No more than 5-6 products a year. Hand sculpted by you. Low ES. Quality over quantity. I'll be first in line on PO day.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:01 PM   #97
Furyan
Mephisto

Id prefer not to have any of my upcoming AP's with PCS signed unless its from the original sculptor and that will never happen now. Ima have to get ahold of em to demand this.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:58 PM   #98
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by archery View Post
That's a very polite way of saying the new owners think they have artistic talent. The ability to hire Hive to do concepts does not make one an art director.

There is likely much more to it than that. The only thing that's more frequent on the boards than CS-related complaints is character requests. Not only does Hive's apparent speed get the ball rolling on plans for entire lines, but their concepts have been proven sellers for several companies (XM, H.M.O, Ryu Studios.) It may no longer be Jerry's company, but they still have and are acquiring the licences I personally think of when hearing "Pop Culture Shock." More importantly, the sculptors that they've assigned to the Ultra line, for example, like Ehren Bienhert and Marthin Agusta, are strong enough to interest customers like myself who mostly cherry-pick those lines for great standalone pieces.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:11 PM   #99
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
There is likely much more to it than that. The only thing that's more frequent on the boards than CS-related complaints is character requests. Not only does Hive's apparent speed get the ball rolling on plans for entire lines, but their concepts have been proven sellers for several companies (XM, H.M.O, Ryu Studios.) It may no longer be Jerry's company, but they still have and are acquiring the licences I personally think of when hearing "Pop Culture Shock." More importantly, the sculptors that they've assigned to the Ultra line, for example, like Ehren Bienhert and Marthin Agusta, are strong enough to interest customers like myself who mostly cherry-pick those lines for great standalone pieces.
Bienhert is a true gentleman support him if you can. I met him years ago had no idea who he was couple years later I found out he was a recongnized sculptor.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:28 PM   #100
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
Bienhert is a true gentleman support him if you can. I met him years ago had no idea who he was couple years later I found out he was a recongnized sculptor.
I definitely plan to and hope to have the privilege to meet him someday. I'm excited to hear Level 52 may be helping get some of his personal projects off the ground as well.
Closed Thread