Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-14-2018, 04:09 PM   #111
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
From an individuals point of view that's true but as a group consensus of comic book fans I think it's obvious who's top tier and who's 3rd tier.
It actually changes, especially with the pop culture is being presented today. 15-20 years ago Iron Man was a third tier character that Avengers Die-hards loved, A few movies later and viola Iron Man, top tier hero.

I also remember a time when every single Marvel book had a Wolverine or Punisher cameo, now not so much.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:20 PM   #112
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Anyway......after a few colorful pages (not going to waste my time replying) it is clear that some of you confuse race with nationality. Captain America is an American. James Bond is a Brit. I could care less of the color of their skin as long as they are portrayed by those with a deep understanding of their historical and social background. Plain and simple. Now, I’m moving on.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:22 PM   #113
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Good, never cared for his Superman honestly.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 02:20 PM   #114
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Speaking of all the anger expressed, this seems to be a pattern more and more. Why get so angry over fictional characters to the point that you're driving people away from what used to be fun conversations about comic book characters, movies, etc.? Having an opinion is fine, but not an abusive, mean, and derogatory one. It's not only not necessary, it's destructive.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 02:48 PM   #115
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Speaking of all the anger expressed, this seems to be a pattern more and more. Why get so angry over fictional characters to the point that you're driving people away from what used to be fun conversations about comic book characters, movies, etc.? Having an opinion is fine, but not an abusive, mean, and derogatory one. It's not only not necessary, it's destructive.
Who gave you the authority to judge other people's comments mean and angry and derogatory? You? I guess it's ok to have an opinion as long as it doesn't violate YOUR idea of how one should express it. I can't stand control freaks. If there's one thing I hate more than anything it is people trying to control my actions or my speech or my thoughts. It's just insulting. Your opinion is fine as long as it isn't micro managing, whiny ,controlling, uptight,complaining etc . It's really undesirable and unnecessary. It's also pointless and makes you sound like an old nag scolding children. Are you an old nag? Are we children?
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:05 PM   #116
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Having an opinion is fine, but not an abusive, mean, and derogatory one. It's not only not necessary, it's destructive.
Wait, what? Are you denying freedom of speech? derogatory and destructive comments are subjective, not objective. If you feel offended, that's your problem.

In order for us to think and express an opinion in this world, we must all risk being offensive. Your comment has insulted my view on this and offended me. Does that mean I wish for you to not say those things ever again? No. Because you have every right to express your opinion. I may not agree with your opinion but I will fight for as long as i can for your right to defend it. I wish you would reciprocate.

I mean if we can't even share an opinion in a virtual world, about something as trivial as a movie casting, without someone feeling personally insulted, then it just proves that freedom of speech is well and truly dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
Captain America is an American. James Bond is a Brit.
Please use the word British. Brit is often used in a derogatory way and so this somewhat offends me, being British myself. Thanks
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 08:36 PM   #117
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Please use the word British. Brit is often used in a derogatory way and so this somewhat offends me, being British myself. Thanks
Did this just happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
If you feel offended, that's your problem.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:39 PM   #118
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Did this just happen?
Ha!

Yes, yes it did. Lolz
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 01:12 AM   #119
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Didn’t mean to offend you, Samhain81. Here in the States, we use the word Brit when referring to people from Great Britain in an informal way. No derogatory meaning is implied. Same way you refer to us as Yanks without ill intent.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:08 AM   #120
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote