Statue Forum 


XM Studios





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2018, 06:16 PM   #41
JoeWorf
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
JoeWorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by spriggan View Post
That is very true. The only one I knew that could do it was Robert Downey jr. in Tropic thunder.
Perhaps I'm missing the point, but how is this relevant since RDJ's character is hardly "established"?
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:45 PM   #42
jedi_don
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
jedi_don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 4,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
It seems to be a trend to ignore black characters instead casting black actors as white characters.

For example you cast Ann Wolfe as an amazonian character.



Is she

A) Nubia
B) Artemis
C) A new character

For some reason B is the answer.


I think she was listed as Artemis in the credits and the ďArt ofĒ but I donít think her name was said on screen. If they ever decide to use the comic character on screen, I highly doubt they would bring that performer back to play the role.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:52 PM   #43
Augen
Statue Forum MacDaddy
 
Augen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I think she was listed as Artemis in the credits and the ďArt ofĒ but I donít think her name was said on screen. If they ever decide to use the comic character on screen, I highly doubt they would bring that performer back to play the role.
Then I don't understand why not just invent a character.

This is in part of why I like their animation department, they translate the comics visuals better and who cares who the actors look like.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:59 PM   #44
Gothamite
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Gotham
Posts: 7,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by spriggan View Post
That is very true. The only one I knew that could do it was Robert Downey jr. in Tropic thunder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Perhaps I'm missing the point, but how is this relevant since RDJ's character is hardly "established"?
I don't even know why RDJ's character in Tropic Thunder was mentioned. RDJ was playing a white Australian actor who had injected his skin with pigment to portray a black character. The movie was making fun of Method acting and reminding viewers of the unfortunate history of blackface acting (not necessarily the use of makeup but white people using racist stereotypes to demean black people).

When movies use non-white actors to play what many had assumed to be white characters, it's not as if people are dying their skin.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:31 AM   #45
Demona
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Demona's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dela-where??
Posts: 10,650
Total fail. They should have type casted Martha Higareda, the actress who killed it as Kristin Ortega in Altered Carbon


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Renee Montoya will be played by...Rosie Perez.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ontoya-1149207

Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:27 AM   #46
jedi_don
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
jedi_don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 4,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Total fail. They should have type casted Martha Higareda, the actress who killed it as Kristin Ortega in Altered Carbon


Great casting choice. She played one badass cop.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 02:56 AM   #47
jedi_don
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
jedi_don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 4,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Renee Montoya will be played by...Rosie Perez.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ontoya-1149207

As long as she gets her elocution lessons.

https://comb.io/aRuHvQ
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:16 AM   #48
jeremydmc
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?
Adamantium Plus Member
 
jeremydmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
As long as she gets her elocution lessons.

https://comb.io/aRuHvQ

HA HA HA HA HA
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:26 PM   #49
Gothamite
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Gotham
Posts: 7,769
Ewan McGregor has been cast as Black Mask.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...k-mask-1157130
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com