Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-26-2018, 11:32 AM   #61
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
If you want to come in here and criticize the art direction, or statue or whatever (none of which we have) that’s all great and good. But to go out your way to go into a thread about a character you don’t care for because it doesn’t align with your high moral standard and values - that’s just some narcissistic B.S. right there.
Virtue signaling [NOUN] - the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:59 AM   #62
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueDiva View Post
What on Earth happened to this thread.

ah tah...ahhh tah
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 12:31 PM   #63
French Cancan
Deadman

This thread is now sponsored by the Russ Meyer's ladies.

YEAH!! Welcome!!
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 12:52 PM   #64
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I don't expect people to like what I do, it's fine. I hope we can be respectful and avoid personal attacks. When I see characters I don't care for getting a statue I just skip the thread entirely. We're all fans here of something, I don't think any of us are better or worse for liking what we do.

At very least Power Girl seems to be a bit of a lightning rod so I do selfishly hope that creates buzz among statue makers with Iron Studios, Tweeterhead, Prime 1 making pieces and hoping others do as well (paging XM...)

Yeah me too... Don't say I don't want to rain on someones parade then proceed to rain on said parade. If you find that this character offends your senses keep it moving. But to come in here and just semi-hate on a character you clearly don't like to me is a waste of your valuable time. Honestly this forum is full of that. Back to the statue. I'm excited to see a reveal. I probably should hunt down the Sideshow version as I'm not sure I'm a 1k kinda Power Girl Fan. Now the Wonder Women that has been mentioned in this line. Take my money!!!!
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:16 PM   #65
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Just to clear things up - you're all missing the point.

This character was created because sex sells. There's no story-related reason for her looking the way she does, it's simply to appeal to young men. She was never meant to be some hero for big-breasted women, she is simply the embodiment of a man's sexual fantasy.

Look at it this way; Male superheros are drawn ripped with enormous muscles. They're supposed to embody extreme and unnatural strength, going above and beyond, etc. They're not drawn that way to seem "sexy" to women. The women however are generally drawn with thin bodies, bikini lines and gargantuan, fake breasts. That doesn't exude strength at all, what it does display, however, is promiscuity and over-the-top sexuality.

I am a heterosexual male and by no means a prude. Nor am I outraged. I'm not asking for flat-chested or overweight female superheros, I'm just drawing attention to the fact that this character was so blatantly created for one, tasteless purpose.

@Augen - I'm glad that you have a genuine appreciation for this character and certain stories featuring her that have real depth. I have no issue with you and am not attempting to make you feel bad for liking the character.

Anyway, I'm out - for real this time.
So far, the Sideshow version has been the only one I regret not getting. I liked the realism of the piece but didn't hit the button when I had the chance....still, who can blame me for being coy when faced with SideShows patchy quality.....

That said, I'm fairly happy with what P1 has shown they can do, so if they make a PG statue I'd be all in.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:47 PM   #66
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Is this confirmed?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:13 PM   #67
KOrigin
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Even if a character was initially created for "sex sells", that doesn't mean a layer of depth can't be added by writers later on.
KOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:40 PM   #68
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:43 PM   #69
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This thread is hysterical!! I’m sticking around for this!
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:44 PM   #70
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueDiva View Post
What on Earth happened to this thread.
truth be told, a guy like that who gets on his soapbox and lectures men he doesn't know about "sexism", is really just expressing his own issues with women.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote