Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-19-2018, 05:11 PM   #531
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Yea, it's all the same concept of WTH is up with this statue's pricing. Head scratcher for sure.
I am guess the price is based on the popularity of the character and how well received during the event.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 06:39 PM   #532
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

XM is already at a premium price for US collectors. This cyclops will probably be my last XM purchase. I totally love this statue, but the pricing hike will keep me from buying future X-Men. Mystique is a prime example of a really simple (but flawless) statue that I cant pay ~$1K for, when something similar is almost half the cost. It sucks because I know I'm going to love all the other X-Men they make, but price wise, it just doesn't make sense to me.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 07:08 PM   #533
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
XM is already at a premium price for US collectors. This cyclops will probably be my last XM purchase. I totally love this statue, but the pricing hike will keep me from buying future X-Men. Mystique is a prime example of a really simple (but flawless) statue that I cant pay ~$1K for, when something similar is almost half the cost. It sucks because I know I'm going to love all the other X-Men they make, but price wise, it just doesn't make sense to me.
I think your struggles with price are becoming more common in this hobby. I know statues are much better than they used to be (in most cases) and the costs have gone up, but at some point, these things are becoming more expensive than monthly house/apartment payments. It definitely has made me much more pickier in what I choose to purchase.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:49 PM   #534
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I’m in same boat in Canada . If I ever have to sell I’d lose all shipping and import costs which translates to thousands as I’m first buyer of my pieces . I’m very very picky
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:50 PM   #535
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Luckily this Cyclops, Gambit and a future Rogue (if they are going to make her) will be my only statue from XM..... Same goes for Sideshow (Rogue Maquette, Psylocke PF and their future Gambit)... Time to raise the white flag and stop collecting. Prices is just too much.. need to focus on more important things...
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:51 PM   #536
built2shred
Phoenix

When you sell the older statue to get a new one, it's just not competing with other people selling the same statue, it's also competing with a saturated market filled with all sorts of statues.. So there's a lots of product competing for the same money...

Unless the statue is crazy popular your probably going to lose money and it hurts when it's a $1000 statue and you only get $700 back a year or so later... not to mention shipping costs have gone crazy.... If you don't have some sort of business discount your screwed on shipping costs..

With SS selling more 1/5 scale statues and XM selling 1/6, wouldn't surprise me if they both focus more on the smaller scales as your average collector can't afford the $1000+ bracket... or even SS $600+ bracket
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:06 AM   #537
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

130 dollars more for an additional torso and head sculpt. Wowwwwww....... I blame the inbuilt LEDs, probably added 50 bucks more.

Mystique didn’t make sense at all as well. 1.1k sgd for a relatively simple sculpt. Blahz I have to make a decision between this or omega red, I don’t think this will even last a mnth in the preorder window.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:32 AM   #538
zombiegalactus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I plan on ordering this but I'm not sure which one. I like the regular pose better and would most likely display it that way but for relatively not a lot more money I get both options. I'm not sure. For those who plan to get Cyclops whats your reasoning for ordering either version?
zombiegalactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:06 AM   #539
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Pay 150more so you can switch up the look whenever you want. The extra torso even acts as a mini bust.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:57 AM   #540
built2shred
Phoenix

I think it's worth the $130 to get both torso's, plus it should help with resale if you ever decide to sell it...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote