Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-25-2018, 12:58 AM   #501
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
I know it’s frustrating, but try to cut them a little slack. My brother works for UPS and they’ve been all out since Thanksgiving. He usually works 4am-12pm and he has had to go in 6 days a week from 1130pm-1 or 2pm in the afternoon. Just to try to keep up with parcels. They’ve been going non stop. It’ll get there.
Oh, I get it. Just venting. We’re going out of town Thursday morning for 6 days, so I’ll have to redirect the shipment to a UPS store and pick it up when we get back.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 01:40 AM   #502
Detective27
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Oh, I get it. Just venting. We’re going out of town Thursday morning for 6 days, so I’ll have to redirect the shipment to a UPS store and pick it up when we get back.
Condolences sir. Have a great trip!!!
Detective27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:03 AM   #503
KevinK
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I tried playing around with the cape today and I couldn't get it to sit properly without applying pressure to hold it in place. As soon as I let it go, the cape shifts, likely due to the weight of the cape (flow side). Otherwise great looking statue. Hopefully Chad is able to get this sorted. I see that he has responded and is already aware so hope to hear some good news.
Or if anyone else has a solution, would love to hear it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-25 at 11.00.42 PM.png
Views:	85
Size:	1,014.1 KB
ID:	119586  
KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:08 AM   #504
pdenham
Teen Titans

Would a wad of museum putty, on his back where the cape is in close proximity to the body, maybe help keep the end points sitting more flush in front?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:10 AM   #505
Karnis
Blue Falcon

What about if you wedged one of those little styrofoam pac-mans pieces between the back & the inside of the cape to keep it in place, or something to that effect?
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:12 AM   #506
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
What about if you wedged one of those little styrofoam pac-mans pieces between the back & the inside of the cape to keep it in place, or something to that effect?
BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU TRY THAT!

When I repacked my Supergirl I was fitting a styro piece in between her body and the cape. With no pressure whatsoever, the cape still snapped like a dry cracker.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:30 AM   #507
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU TRY THAT!

When I repacked my Supergirl I was fitting a styro piece in between her body and the cape. With no pressure whatsoever, the cape still snapped like a dry cracker.
I remember reading about that. Ouch.

I tend to think that if you can rig something to hold it in place temporarily that a five minute epoxy application in the cape socket would do the trick. It's good to know that at the very least it can be aligned properly.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:31 AM   #508
KevinK

No go, I tried adding a bit at the bottom of the key hoping it would tilt the cape up a bit but it's not enough. It needs some force coming from the top end and in towards the body. I also noticed that when holding it in place, there's about 1.5 cm between the bottom of the cape and his calf, but when letting it sit on its own, it's almost touching...and sometime it does, depending how it's left.
KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:14 PM   #509
MTL

Got my Superman. It's a great statue and the paint on both heads are perfect. Unfortunetly the paint job around the belt, chest emblem and boots is not clean. A bit sloppy with the lines and colors. Theres not much going on with Superman costume so its a bit dissapointing.

It also as the cape issue but not as bad as seen from pictures a few pages back. I know they are aware of the
issues so we will wait and see. I trust Tweeterhead will make it right.
MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 03:27 PM   #510
BabySweat
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebron View Post
Gothamite is broke. I couldn't lend him money. No one bought my 2nd rate DC statues from eBay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I only buy on deep discount. I'm cheap...and poor

U missed out on this statue, huh? too funny. Lol
BabySweat is offline   Reply With Quote