Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-14-2019, 09:26 AM   #24631
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Awesome movie! Was just talking about this with some work colleagues and they’d never heard of it. Sigh, smh.
I’m sort of on a mission to see every movie that’s won best picture and all 100 movies on the AFI best movies of all time.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:57 AM   #24632
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
That was a great read, very interesting and I think you are definitely on to something here, especially with the old school 50's hollywood stuff as I also got that impression. Movies like this that are completely open to interpretation are the funnest movies, ill be thinking about your theory and others every time I rewatch this movie, which I think will be quite often because movies like this never get boring as there is always something new to discover or new interpretations to dig into, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts
As long as you liked it a couple of other things to support my theory that I left out because of length

Spoiler
The movie opens with seedy Hollywood and/or gangster types talking on the phone saying "The girl is still missing" and then they call Dianes house (you can tell by the red lamp shown as it rings with no answer). This is to put in your mind about Rita missing but when they discover Diane she has been dead for days so I think Diane is the one missing (and by extension Betty/Rita) because she has already committed suicied. At one point in the movie Betty is in a robe and pours a cup of coffee and walks to the couch and looks over and sees Rita nude. But when she steps over the couch to set her drink (previously coffee) it is now a glass of bourbon and she is wearing a pair of Daisy Duke denim shorts and starts to make out with Rita. There is also a scene where she is masturbating wearing the same shorts. One other time I think Lynch is hinting they are the same girl is when the director sees "Betty" act brilliantly looks into the camera and says "This is the girl" and when Diane is with the "hitman" it is the same shot and the same line "This is the girl" when he is showing him Carmilla/Rita photo. He asks "Who is she?" and he says it's just a head shot, everybody has one and they are all the same or something to that effect. Finally just before Rita puts the key in the box and disappears (which I think is the actual self inflicted gunshot, she first notices Betty is just gone for some reason and calls to her with no answer and then opens the box and it falls to the floor empty and Rita is gone. I think since Diane really only wants to kill the "Rita" part of her life that is who actually puts the key in the box but of course you can't kill a part of yourself, its an all or nothing deal"
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:59 AM   #24633
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Train To Busan - 10/10

I've reviewed this movie before here, but I watched it again w/ my 2 teens today & was just gob smacked again. Not only is this my favorite zombie film, it's in my top 5 favorite films of all time. The human interaction in Train just blows my mind & I found myself sobbing like a baby again, during the movie's final 10 minutes. Just fantastic! & I'm dreading the American remake!
I watched this on your recommendation and normally won't even give a movie that I have to read subtitles a chance but this was really good. I give it my highest possible rating for a movie that I have to read subtitles 8/10
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:40 PM   #24634
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I watched this on your recommendation and normally won't even give a movie that I have to read subtitles a chance but this was really good. I give it my highest possible rating for a movie that I have to read subtitles 8/10
Thanks, T. I'm very glad you liked it! Didn't that little girl just melt your heart.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:25 PM   #24635
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
I’m sort of on a mission to see every movie that’s won best picture and all 100 movies on the AFI best movies of all time.
Sounds like a worthy journey!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:54 PM   #24636
Agent23

Thanks buddy.

Searching (2018) - 6/10

It was decent. Just too busy and too much going on with all the social media stuff.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:36 AM   #24637
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Bohemian Rhapsody - 7/10 - Was good but felt like a very sterilized version of events. Also was more the Freddie Mercury story than the Queen story.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:29 AM   #24638
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Reign of the Supermen 7/10
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:30 PM   #24639
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Glass 7.5/10 went to the Alamo 3 movie marathon on Saturday. I liked it, was fun to see the two movies interact. Went in a direction in the last 3rd of the movie was not expecting it to.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:37 PM   #24640
Agent23

Mandy - 8/10

I watched this one based on Hellboy’s and a couple other forum members’ recommendations. Very different and pretty original, I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the recommendation guys.