Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-14-2019, 12:25 PM   #1041
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Don't know if it matters or not but when I lifted mine out of the styrofoam, I lifted it by grabbing the cloth and pulling straight up. At first, I tried to just take the body out (without the cloth) but I had trouble getting my fingers underneath/around the statue to take it out. Basically, I ended up using one hand to grab/clasp two ends of the cloth in the upper body area and one hand near the lower area around the thighs, clasped two sides of the cloth together, and lifted both ends straight up slowly at the same time making note not to put any undue stress/pressure near the ankles and lower leg area. Doing it this way, it seemed to be easier to get the statue out of the styrofoam for me at least.
That is how I got mine out, but if not doing that was enough to cause the breaks we've seen on here, I would never keep the statue. I'm already worried about long-term failure rate and Sideshow has never gotten back to me about the return of this one. With each day that passes, I'm more willing to not have this one in my collection.

I have already stopped ordering new Prime 1 pieces. Their failure rate for me personally has been outrageous.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:06 PM   #1042
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
That is how I got mine out, but if not doing that was enough to cause the breaks we've seen on here, I would never keep the statue. I'm already worried about long-term failure rate and Sideshow has never gotten back to me about the return of this one. With each day that passes, I'm more willing to not have this one in my collection.

I have already stopped ordering new Prime 1 pieces. Their failure rate for me personally has been outrageous.
Yeah this one definitely seems to be more tightly packed than it should/could have been. I'm just happy that mine didn't have the issues some of you are having with this piece.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:24 PM   #1043
Glencairn
The Spirit

Quote:
Yeah this one definitely seems to be more tightly packed than it should/could have been. I'm just happy that mine didn't have the issues some of you are having with this piece.
Same here, I'm so happy that I don't have any issues but at the same time, I'm very paranoid about this piece now, not sure if I even dare to move it anymore lol
Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:41 PM   #1044
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Just paid mine off early. Fingers crossed she arrives in tact.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:46 PM   #1045
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
I have really missed something in these threads. Not once have I ever been under the impression that P1 has some high failure rate. Which P1 pieces outside of this one have a high failure rate?
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:36 PM   #1046
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Don't know if it matters or not but when I lifted mine out of the styrofoam, I lifted it by grabbing the cloth and pulling straight up.
It was certainly tight, but mine was already broken beforehand.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:38 PM   #1047
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I have really missed something in these threads. Not once have I ever been under the impression that P1 has some high failure rate. Which P1 pieces outside of this one have a high failure rate?
For the 1/3 scale pieces, I don’t think there have been many issues. At least not widespread ones. The last time I remember multiple individuals having the same issues was supposedly the Deathstroke magnets and staff breaking at the connection point.

It’s unfortunate but some individual collectors have just had horrendous luck.

But then again outside of breaks I think I could critique 80% of my statues for ‘minor’ paint issues across all manufacturers.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:58 PM   #1048
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I meant for me personally.

Quote:
I've joined the wobbly, broken leg club as well. Also has an unpainted part on her main body. Let's see what that makes this....

AK Harley Quinn - Great

Spiderman 2099 - Broken cape/second cape so horribly warped that the hairdryer trick wasn't working

1/2 WW - Broken skirt on first / replacement has scratches on leg and was covered in what I can only assume is polystone mist / missing battery cover and screw / no response from P1 since September

Anti-Venom - Scratched base that I decided to live with

Venom - Broken tendril

Catwoman - both legs broken

6 pieces from Prime 1, 5 screwed up....they looking good with that 16.7% success rate.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:16 PM   #1049
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Where’s my freakin shipping notice already?!
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:18 PM   #1050
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
Where’s my freakin shipping notice already?!
You still don't have yours?

My last payment was scheduled for next week, but I called them today and had them process it today. Mine is already listed as shipped according to my online account. I have a tracking number, it just hasn't updated yet with delivery date.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote