Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-19-2019, 10:03 AM   #71
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
But why only US customers?!

Oh well. Hopefully they extend it to everyone else.

They are telling that they are expanding the business step by step next will be europe etc.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:09 AM   #72
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Does anyone know how much duty fees usually are in the U.S.?
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:14 AM   #73
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Yeah, that's what I'd like to know. I think I've seem posts where some say they haven't been hit with any and some where they have... I remember looking into it a long time ago and it really seemed to vary wildly.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:21 AM   #74
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Yeah, that's what I'd like to know. I think I've seem posts where some say they haven't been hit with any and some where they have... I remember looking into it a long time ago and it really seemed to vary wildly.
It’s pretty random if you get hit. I think the main determining factors are how P1 classifies the item(s) being shipped and if you’re receiving multiple boxes at once.

I’ve ordered 3 pieces direct from P1 myself, two at the same time. Arkham Deathstroke & Robin. Got hit with $40 ea. in duty fees. Ordered Arkham Two-Face later and didn’t get hit with anything.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:24 AM   #75
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
It’s pretty random if you get hit. I think the main determining factors are how P1 classifies the item(s) being shipped and if you’re receiving multiple boxes at once.

I’ve ordered 3 pieces direct from P1 myself, two at the same time. Arkham Deathstroke & Robin. Got hit with $40 ea. in duty fees. Ordered Arkham Two-Face later and didn’t get hit with anything.
$40 isn't bad. That would only bring the shipping up to $83 on the Justice League Superman which is probably what Sideshow would charge anyway. I really want that heat vision portrait and think I'm going to go ahead and order through Prime 1.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:31 AM   #76
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

The ones I've purchased haven't gotten hit with customs fees.

Not to derail this conversation but I'd like to put out a warning to those who plan on collecting future P1 Transformer lines and their Jurassic line. There are delivery restrictions due to the licenses that prevent P1 from shipping those brands to the US directly. Obviously this wasn't a problem when SS was selling their EX's and other company's sold the regulars. I've been pushing them on this issue for a few days and I'll share any info if it's given.

This could also happen with any new licenses down the pike so just be aware.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:37 AM   #77
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

Thanks. That's not bad at all. I was expecting way worse. I might have to see how this goes...
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:59 AM   #78
qz33
Rescue

*Sigh*

Throwing thousands of dollars to get a toy statue isn't supposed to be this hard.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 11:14 AM   #79
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

So I've been experimenting with the shipping costs, and hopefully some of these are placeholder amounts. I live in AZ and these are the stated prices for me:

- Batman Hush - $133
- Superman Hush (fabric) - $76
- Superman Hush (sculpt) - $254
- Batman Master Race - $253
- Batman Zero Year - $76
- Harley Quinn DX - $140
- Doomsday - $233
- Batman Incorporated - $31
- Batman Knightfall - $140
- Batman Who Laughs - $204

There is a huge difference in pricing between the 2 Superman Hush versions and while I get that the sculpted cape will add cost, seems strange to me that it would add that much.

Batman Hush is over $100 less than Batman Master Race, and I can't imagine those 2 are going to be that hugely different in terms of shipping weight/size. Both Superman sculpted and Batman MR are also more expensive than Doomsday....which can't be right. So my hope/guess is that a lot of these statues that are on pre-order are just some kind of placeholder price. Because I also can't imagine Batman Incorporated will only be $31. Even if it is 1/5, that seems really cheap.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 11:18 AM   #80
qz33
Rescue

^ Some of those probably require 2 boxes.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote