Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

» Spotlight
DGK Damtoys Styracosaurus Green Bust DGK Damtoys Carnotaurus Green Bust DGK Prime 1 Kin. Robin Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2019, 11:01 AM   #25151
The Dark Knight
Statue Forum MacDaddy
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Posts: 2,046
John Wick 3 8/10

I really enjoyed it.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:55 AM   #25152
nameivom
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
nameivom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: West Coast
Posts: 284
The Vanishing (1993), 6/10
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:12 PM   #25153
Vracula
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Vracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Brisbane,Australia
Posts: 23,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
John Wick 2. 6/10
U hated the first one , why would u watch the second one u Blasphemer? Why do u hate Keanu Reeves? Why do u hate great action? Why do u hate dogs? Why do u hate us?
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:23 PM   #25154
Vracula
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Vracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Brisbane,Australia
Posts: 23,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
John Wick 3 - 9/10

The best so far, as far as I'm concerned. Violence as art & I've never seen better. The dogs in the film are Belgian Malinois which is the breed I have had for my last 2 dogs. I love them & to see them perform so magnificently in this movie, just blew me away. My appreciation for Wick started as a slow burn, but as I've re-watched the 1st 2 several times now & have now seen the 3rd, I'm very impressed with modern action film making. As long as the Director & Keanu stay w/ this series .... I'm In!
They sound like a lot of hard work and needing good leadership my only concern is people wanting to adopt this beautiful breed and not know what they are getting themselves into which was apparently the dog trainers concern too.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:25 PM   #25155
nearmint
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
 
nearmint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Secret Sanctuary
Posts: 5,401
Brightburn 6.5/10

The movie that asks the question, what if Lex Luthor was right all along?
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:29 PM   #25156
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Super Moderator
 
Hellboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 35,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
They sound like a lot of hard work and needing good leadership my only concern is people wanting to adopt this beautiful breed and not know what they are getting themselves into which was apparently the dog trainers concern too.
Similar thing happened with Game of Thrones fans adopting dogs before doing their research. Sadly it led to a huge spike in surrendered and abandoned huskies, husky mixes and similar breeds.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 04:45 PM   #25157
joefixit2
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
joefixit2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: we know each other, he's a friend from work
Posts: 15,966
The Biggest Little Farm 8/10 cool documentary
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 05:19 PM   #25158
protector2814
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
protector2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 11,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
They sound like a lot of hard work and needing good leadership my only concern is people wanting to adopt this beautiful breed and not know what they are getting themselves into which was apparently the dog trainers concern too.
Well, both have been a lot of hard work. I work from home and have been able to devote hours daily to the training & exercizing of both Mals I've owned. They are extremely "high-energy" dogs & I've worked tirelessly with them over the 17 years I've had a Mal in my life. My 1st Mal, Bela was just an amazing girl. I was introduced to the breed by an Officer who had one as his K-9 partner. After talkingw/ him & doing my research, I knew what I was in for. By the time I picked up our 2nd, Gyda, I was more than ready. They are a tremendously demanding breed & will destroy your home if not stimulated & exercized regularly w/ running, walking, task challenges, etc... Never would I own a Malinois unless I had lots of time to spend w/ both the dog & trainer (You'll need to work w/ a great trainer when the dog's young). I don't even go to vacation w/ my family in the summer. I stay home with my girl. This all being said, both my Mals have been the best dogs I've ever owned & both have been great family dogs, burglar alarms, & protectors of my children.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:11 PM   #25159
Vracula
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Vracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Brisbane,Australia
Posts: 23,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Well, both have been a lot of hard work. I work from home and have been able to devote hours daily to the training & exercizing of both Mals I've owned. They are extremely "high-energy" dogs & I've worked tirelessly with them over the 17 years I've had a Mal in my life. My 1st Mal, Bela was just an amazing girl. I was introduced to the breed by an Officer who had one as his K-9 partner. After talkingw/ him & doing my research, I knew what I was in for. By the time I picked up our 2nd, Gyda, I was more than ready. They are a tremendously demanding breed & will destroy your home if not stimulated & exercized regularly w/ running, walking, task challenges, etc... Never would I own a Malinois unless I had lots of time to spend w/ both the dog & trainer (You'll need to work w/ a great trainer when the dog's young). I don't even go to vacation w/ my family in the summer. I stay home with my girl. This all being said, both my Mals have been the best dogs I've ever owned & both have been great family dogs, burglar alarms, & protectors of my children.


Totally agree , I have two Rottweillers and we spent a lot of time with them but they don't even have half the energy levels of Mals from what I hear.

Halle Berry apparently spent a lot of time with them including training and went home and trained her Labradoodles to be attack dogs lol.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:18 PM   #25160
protector2814
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
protector2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 11,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Totally agree , I have two Rottweillers and we spent a lot of time with them but they don't even have half the energy levels of Mals from what I hear.

Hally Berry apparently spent a lot of time with them including training and went home and trained her Labradoodles to be attack dogs lol.

6 months.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com