Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-11-2019, 07:16 AM   #501
Genosha175
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun View Post
Looking at the production pics of P1s dog alien, the mouth looked proportionally small to the head.
Seeing ADIs product, it reinforced that thought.
Anyone else agree?
Yes, I'm getting the P1 dog alien and I love it, but that is one thing I don't like about it, the face area looks completely wrong at the front side of the dome. It comes far too low down and makes it look like a piranha. The open mouth sculpt looks slightly better in this regard.
Genosha175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:38 AM   #502
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Just got the delay notice till July
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:24 AM   #503
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosha175 View Post
Yes, I'm getting the P1 dog alien and I love it, but that is one thing I don't like about it, the face area looks completely wrong at the front side of the dome. It comes far too low down and makes it look like a piranha. The open mouth sculpt looks slightly better in this regard.
It’s pretty tough to distinguish “the face area” with a top down view pic like that. No?
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:30 AM   #504
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
It’s pretty tough to distinguish “the face area” with a top down view pic like that. No?
Its all in the angles of the photos. Both the actual movie Dog and the Prime1 piece both show the dome down in the front of the face and completely straight across in other photos.

Nothing to cry about.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:32 AM   #505
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Hmmm, makes me want to order this again. But I don’t regret cancelling, no more Alien stuff for me. I have enough. But looks good and coming from a factory that’s pretty impressive. But also, tough to distinguish the details and blending of the colors with that pic. We shall see how it goes once the azn collectors get them first. That open jaw head always looked freaking awesome to me.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:43 AM   #506
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
Its all in the angles of the photos. Both the actual movie Dog and the Prime1 piece both show the dome down in the front of the face and completely straight across in other photos.

Nothing to cry about.
Cool. I’m not super familiar and know the accuracy elements about the dog alien. I dismiss and dislike movies 3 and on. I’m an Alien and Aliens movie fan, no disrespect to anyone who likes the 3rd movie and on. Just my personal taste. But I’ve always like the design of the dog. I’m not even sure how many or what they used for the filming of the dog.

But pretty tough to distinguish anything with a distanced top view pic, no?
Old 06-12-2019, 03:01 AM   #507
chavez553

Quote:
Hmmm, makes me want to order this again. But I don’t regret cancelling, no more Alien stuff for me. I have enough. But looks good and coming from a factory that’s pretty impressive. But also, tough to distinguish the details and blending of the colors with that pic. We shall see how it goes once the azn collectors get them first. That open jaw head always looked freaking awesome to me.
Yeah ,there is going to be plenty of Alien stuff to go around. I love the Dog version over any other but for most the Dog isn't as popular as the Big Chap. If this were the big chap there would be something to worry about as far as it selling out. The Dog as great as it wont sell out soon. That ES is too high.

I canceled too and was supposed reorder, but haven't yet. Will decide whether to make it a permanent member in my collection by end of this month.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:05 AM   #508
chavez553

Quote:
Cool. I’m not super familiar and know the accuracy elements about the dog alien. I dismiss and dislike movies 3 and on. I’m an Alien and Aliens movie fan, no disrespect to anyone who likes the 3rd movie and on. Just my personal taste. But I’ve always like the design of the dog. I’m not even sure how many or what they used for the filming of the dog.

But pretty tough to distinguish anything with a distanced top view pic, no?
Yeah, most people aren't going to notice anything remotely off about it. Only the Xenophiles will.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:15 AM   #509
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
Yeah, most people aren't going to notice anything remotely off about it. Only the Xenophiles will.
Haha “xenophiles” lol. Nice one.

I think waiting it out, like you, is the best way. Just to make sure of everything. It’s not cheap. Having a Jackson Pollock paint job with an alien sucks when it’s so expensive. But I’m sure P1’s got this, hence all of the delays. Which in this case will be WORTH it for collectors. I still think the EX head is a must for this one. The open jaw head looks so badass with the dog alien imo.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:18 AM   #510
Genosha175
Doh!

Quote:
I'm basing my opinion on comparing other side on views of the P1 to pics of actual film used heads, there's a clear difference in them. Even comparing this to the ADI one that's pictured a couple of pages back here, it's completely different.
Genosha175 is offline   Reply With Quote