Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 06-15-2019, 08:37 PM   #1341
Gothamite
Phoenix

Any guesses as to what she's holding in her right hand? I think it's a magnifying glass (since she, Bruce Wayne, and Dick Grayson are sleuths), but one could easily mistake it for a lollipop.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:27 AM   #1342
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Gothamite, any insider information as to why the DCCG artist change so soon?
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:53 AM   #1343
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Any guesses as to what she's holding in her right hand? I think it's a magnifying glass (since she, Bruce Wayne, and Dick Grayson are sleuths), but one could easily mistake it for a lollipop.
Judging from the sketch, I would say it's a magnifying glass. Which they changed into the bat shape.

At first I thought she was looking into a bat mirror!
Rom-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:08 AM   #1344
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

this is a great statue of Batgirl. I almost wish that Frank Cho would have gone full late 70's and given Batgirl high heals (as every heroine back then was drawn with high heeled boots).
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:26 AM   #1345
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
this is a great statue of Batgirl. I almost wish that Frank Cho would have gone full late 70's and given Batgirl high heals (as every heroine back then was drawn with high heeled boots).
I love the fact that Frank Cho did not give her high heels. I know that comics are unrealistic and superheroes look sexy in heels but I can’t help but wince at the idea of superheroes (esp non-meta like Batgirl) fighting and running around the rooftops with high heels (I mean have you ever try those on before?! They are impossible to run let alone walk around in LOL)
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:52 AM   #1346
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
I love the fact that Frank Cho did not give her high heels. I know that comics are unrealistic and superheroes look sexy in heels but I can’t help but wince at the idea of superheroes (esp non-meta like Batgirl) fighting and running around the rooftops with high heels (I mean have you ever try those on before?! They are impossible to run let alone walk around in LOL)
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:41 AM   #1347
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
I do agree with the high heel comment about how it would have been impossible to fight crime in. I remember when I started reading comics in 1977 and every heroine was drawn with high heels thinking "how can they walk or run in those". I figure that since Frank Cho's work sometimes has a (for lack of a better term) "cheeky" quality to it that the high heels would have fit in.

Heels or not, it is a fantastic statue and I am looking forward to see what other designs are coming from him.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 06:43 PM   #1348
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Looks like Frank Cho is getting his own line!
Great news as far as I'm concerned! Less than a week ago I was wondering how great it would be to have a Frank Cho-inspired Cover Girls line. Wow! I'm still not really on board with the Jones line so I'm pretty psyched for this one. Two wishes though: 1) Return to the 1/8th scale of previous lines. 2.) Be consistent and stick with the classic costumes across the run. Would love to see a reverse "Adam Hughes approach"....scaling down Cho's recent Designer Series Wonder Woman and digitally re-sculpting (replacing) the gladiator skirt, thigh-high boots, upside down tiara and replacing the sword and shield with an unfurling lasso, etc. I hope they can squeeze in the characters you "Jonesites" want before the possible changeover. Make mine Cho-to-Go!!
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:19 PM   #1349
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Great news as far as I'm concerned! Less than a week ago I was wondering how great it would be to have a Frank Cho-inspired Cover Girls line. Wow! I'm still not really on board with the Jones line so I'm pretty psyched for this one. Two wishes though: 1) Return to the 1/8th scale of previous lines. 2.) Be consistent and stick with the classic costumes across the run. Would love to see a reverse "Adam Hughes approach"....scaling down Cho's recent Designer Series Wonder Woman and digitally re-sculpting (replacing) the gladiator skirt, thigh-high boots, upside down tiara and replacing the sword and shield with an unfurling lasso, etc. I hope they can squeeze in the characters you "Jonesites" want before the possible changeover. Make mine Cho-to-Go!!

I really am hoping that they do a Jones Poison Ivy, Zatanna, and Powergirl. But I will be ok if they finish out with just Poison Ivy.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:12 PM   #1350
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Smile #MeToo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo1979 View Post
I really am hoping that they do a Jones Poison Ivy, Zatanna, and Powergirl. But I will be ok if they finish out with just Poison Ivy.
Same. Please just make an Ivy.
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote