Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 06-24-2019, 02:20 PM   #1411
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I wonder if all of the Cho statues will have animals trolling the characters?

I'll take what I can get.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:27 PM   #1412
Gothamite
Phoenix

The face sculpt looks better in these close-ups, but the costume's lack of detail is a bit of a drawback.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:35 PM   #1413
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
The face sculpt looks better in these close-ups, but the costume's lack of detail is a bit of a drawback.

She looks great. That said, I may hold off a bit to see a few more pieces as I was almost all in on Jones line. With these I like to have a few in the line together.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:55 PM   #1414
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Smile

Quote:
I wonder if all of the Cho statues will have animals trolling the characters?
This will partially make up for no Ivy. I love animals. But only in the statues that make sense for them to be in.
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:58 PM   #1415
Hunter Frost

Quote:

From her neck upwards she’s perfect. I don’t care for high heels on certain characters either but if they are going with this costume I think high heels are required to pay homage for what once was.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:42 AM   #1416
Otter
Justice League

What are the chances of the production piece's eyes being that well painted? I'm not sure if the images on the front page are prototypes or not, but the paint applications on the Adam Hughes inspired statues look pretty good, but some of the others are ordinary (and some are downright deal-breakers).

For those of you who collect this line, do you have any thoughts?

My only experience with DC Collectibles is the "Almost Got 'Im" Ivy, which looked great in promotional material, but was disappointing in hand (paint-wise, loved the sculpt).
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:25 AM   #1417
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
What are the chances of the production piece's eyes being that well painted? I'm not sure if the images on the front page are prototypes or not, but the paint applications on the Adam Hughes inspired statues look pretty good, but some of the others are ordinary (and some are downright deal-breakers).

My only experience with DC Collectibles is the "Almost Got 'Im" Ivy, which looked great in promotional material, but was disappointing in hand (paint-wise, loved the sculpt).
Ok. So from the first wave I have HQ. Catwoman. Poison Ivy and Black Canary. My least favorite is Poison Ivy. And I think it is the lack luster paint job. Just wasn’t impressed. HQ and Catwoman are my favorites from this line and their paint job is just wow!!

Wave 3. I have Catwoman and HQ. Paint jobs are very well done. Statues are smaller. And just wasn’t as impressed with them because I had already gotten wave 1 and the Joelle Jones girls

Joelle Jones Wave. I have all of them. My least favorite is Mera. Two reasons. Her hair is so big and I can’t see her base to match the others. No biggie. But as far as the others go. I love this line. I am so disappointed they aren’t going to finish this line out. I loved the playfulness and the smirks. The only paint job issue I had was on WW and unless I was right up on it it really was not noticeable. My favorite from this line has to be Catwoman.

I am probably going to be done with the Cover Girls statues. Nothing against Cho. Cause I do like the face of Batgirl. But I don’t care for the lil animals so much and space wise I have to be a little more selective.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:09 AM   #1418
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post

Almost Got 'im Ivy is from Diamond Select Toys, not DC Collectibles.

The pix in the OP with white backgrounds are protos. Paint apps are generally good to excellent for all of the statues except Artgerm Black Canary. The JJ statues have the best overall QC, which bodes well for the Cho statues if they use the same factory.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:30 PM   #1419
Gothamite
Phoenix

Btw, the JJ Mera proto's base has aqua trim in the groove. The final production piece has gold. Mine was left unpainted.

proto
Spoiler

production

Gothamite's
Spoiler
Old 06-25-2019, 09:33 PM   #1420
Hunter Frost

Smile

Quote:
Btw, the JJ Mera proto's base has aqua trim in the groove. The final production piece has gold. Mine was left unpainted.

proto
Spoiler

production

Gothamite's
Spoiler
Yours is worth $1,000,000. Sell it in 10 years.