Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-30-2019, 03:00 PM   #461
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
For anyone at the con, how did she look in person ?

She looked great, but I would have preferred to see her with the reg head
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:04 PM   #462
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Damn, disrespectful. I’m not really a gentlemen but at the same time, I’m not one to disrespect anyone for no good reason. Honestly think both are beautiful.
Respect is really subjective and so is being a gentleman. Honesty should really be the best policy. Woof!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:06 PM   #463
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Not sure why the Psylocke PF is in this thread but maybe there is some Freudian slip of interest prevailing?

This will be shipping soon my friends. Get yours today.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:43 PM   #464
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
My frame of reference is reality, which in reality psylocke doesn’t look like any asian woman i’ve ever seen. And it just so happens that SS is referencing realism on their new female portraits, psylockes portrait isn’t realistic.

Look man, honestly ask yourself does that look anything like psylocke, do those look anything alike… Just be honest with yourself.

+1 not Asian at all.
Looks like a regular non Asian face with massive alien style eye distortion. Thinking about it, it probably started life as the 'other' portrait, then stretched / distorted, as 3D modeling programs allow the user to perform such tricks with ease.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:48 PM   #465
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Not sure why the Psylocke PF is in this thread but maybe there is some Freudian slip of interest prevailing?

This will be shipping soon my friends. Get yours today.

crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:23 PM   #466
French Cancan
Deadman

She was a surprising Domino, but I loved her.

Hair is natural, and it tickles.

Now, about the SS Domino, I think she could be a perfect companion piece for my Lady Deadpool.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:57 PM   #467
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Now, about the SS Domino, I think she could be a perfect companion piece for my Lady Deadpool.
Would make a pretty nice display.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:37 PM   #468
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
My frame of reference is reality, which in reality psylocke doesn’t look like any asian woman i’ve ever seen. And it just so happens that SS is referencing realism on their new female portraits, psylockes portrait isn’t realistic.

Look man, honestly ask yourself does that look anything like psylocke, do those look anything alike… Just be honest with yourself.

Yes they do, your frame of reference is not reality, its your perspective, a frame of reference is not a thing, it depends on who and where you are. like i said, female sculpter + lee > random forum person.
they look alike, only nose and lips are different, for the rest it looks very alike.
I stay with my statement shes a mix of different asian women, including Mizuno.

doest have to be a 100% because psylocke wasnt modelled after Mizuno, but after Lee,s psylocke, an asian american, and translated by a woman.
Some of you just have horrible vision, i trust professionals and my own creative brain over yours.
Chin, forehead, jawline, cheekbones, eyes and nose are very asian. Mizunos nose is different cause she is mixed and not 100% asian, thats why Mizuno also has fuller lips.

also, compare her to the unboxing video, she looks more natural there,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	psy.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	124784  
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:43 PM   #469
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post

She was a surprising Domino, but I loved her.

Hair is natural, and it tickles.

disgusting, she looks like Lenny Kravitz, she even like a Mog in real life.
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:45 PM   #470
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxgod View Post
Yes they do, your frame of reference is not reality, its your perspective, a frame of reference is not a thing, it depends on who and where you are. like i said, female sculpter + lee > random forum person.
they look alike, only nose and lips are different, for the rest it looks very alike.
I stay with my statement shes a mix of different asian women, including Mizuno.

doest have to be a 100% because psylocke wasnt modelled after Mizuno, but after Lee,s psylocke, an asian american, and translated by a woman.
Some of you just have horrible vision, i trust professionals and my own creative brain over yours.
Chin, forehead, jawline, cheekbones, eyes and nose are very asian. Mizunos nose is different cause she is mixed and not 100% asian, thats why Mizuno also has fuller lips.

also, compare her to the unboxing video, she looks more natural there,
My frame of reference is the photo where both looking at. You even share my view in seeing that the nose and lips are different, so i’m sure you can also plainly see that the eyes are different too, that being the case they couldn’t possibly look alike with so many differing features.

Anyway don’t wanna continue to derail domino thread. Only thing that matters is that she look you asian to YOU, even if she doesn't actually look asian.

Enjoy your psylocke. Sometimes professionals get it wrong.