Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-13-2019, 04:31 PM   #3171
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
If you buy an XM statue from SpecFiction, you'd go to Todd. Not XM directly.
Exactly right.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:32 PM   #3172
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Actually, I just found the info my friend had shared with me. It was posted in the XM community on Facebook, which I have since left, so if anyone is a member, you can go read the whole thing yourself on the page. The person bought it from XM directly at a convention, but doesn't live in one of their Marvel approved countries. Apparently he had used a Singapore address but didn't actually live there (maybe a friend or relative). So, it wasn't eBay or some other random third party seller.

Now, I'm not saying this would happen with Spec Fiction or anything like that, but the situation really opened my eyes to the ease of buying through Sideshow. Even the whole Prime 1 debacle has me nervous to order through them directly.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:32 PM   #3173
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Another dup.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:56 PM   #3174
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Actually, I just found the info my friend had shared with me. It was posted in the XM community on Facebook, which I have since left, so if anyone is a member, you can go read the whole thing yourself on the page. The person bought it from XM directly at a convention, but doesn't live in one of their Marvel approved countries. Apparently he had used a Singapore address but didn't actually live there (maybe a friend or relative). So, it wasn't eBay or some other random third party seller.
That makes sense. The customer mislead XM, and took the risk that it might bite him in end, which it did. It puts XM in a tough spot. If their license only allows them to sell an item in certain countries, how can they provide customer service to someone in a non-approved country?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:23 AM   #3175
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
That makes sense. The customer mislead XM, and took the risk that it might bite him in end, which it did. It puts XM in a tough spot. If their license only allows them to sell an item in certain countries, how can they provide customer service to someone in a non-approved country?
For collectors outside of the approved region, that's always been the risk with buying XM. From the very beginning.

What made it a risk worth taking is that XM had a low defect rate. However, now it feels like that defect rate is increasing.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:26 AM   #3176
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
For collectors outside of the approved region, that's always been the risk with buying XM. From the very beginning.

What made it a risk worth taking is that XM had a low defect rate. However, now it feels like that defect rate is increasing.
Cutting those production costs I guess. Crappier factories, lesser QC, or both. Sideshow has certainly been a trailblazer on that front lol. Maybe Prime 1 is following suit.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:01 AM   #3177
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

I think Schachi answered pretty much everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeau View Post
I can't find the ad or the seller
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ten View Post
Was this a buy it now or an auction?
That was the end price of an auction, no buy it now.

Link:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Magneto-Side...p2047675.l2557

Of course it could be that the seller secured the statue by bidding with an own account. Also offering international shipping could help selling for more.

Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:12 AM   #3178
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
I want to thank whoever posted the 10% off coupon over a week ago, I think the post was deleted.
He got commission on each order too.
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:50 AM   #3179
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
If calling me a hater helps you feel better about paying that stupid amount of money on the most boring and overpriced Magneto ever made, then I am glad i could help!

In the meantime, none of you apologists was able to prove me wrong. Heh, that's what fanboys do after all. And you owning the statue doesn't make it a success, check your logic.

I see you pulled your head out for some air? Maybe too late, as you are still dazed and confused.

And nobody has to prove anything. You, are proof of wrong.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:22 AM   #3180
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
I see you pulled your head out for some air? Maybe too late, as you are still dazed and confused.

And nobody has to prove anything. You, are proof of wrong.
Northern changes like the wind. Sometimes he hates Sideshow then suddenly becomes in adoration. Hardly reliable and it makes his opinions just that, actually worthless, because they can change 360 degrees overnight.

You on the other hand, are probably typing your messages from one of Sideshow's cubicles.

Tell me, then, why would I spend time answering hopeless fanboys like you, who would be buying 1/4 scale statues of dog---- if Sideshow was making them.

Give me ONE reason?

Don't even try, you can't. And thus, we are done. G'day to you!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote