Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-18-2019, 05:04 PM   #25471
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
dora and the lost city of gold: 7 / 10. Cute movie. works for both kids and parents.
Cute. Geared for pre-teens and younger crowd. Don’t know if it was intentional but some references to Indiana Jones.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:13 PM   #25472
protector2814
Phoenix

The House On Haunted Hill (1959) (9/10) - A dusty classic I've probably seen a dozen times on the boob or on DVD - But last night I saw it on the big screen, hosted by my boyhood, Horror-Movie-Creature-Feature-Host, Count Gor De Vol. 2 points extra for the experience & cold Draft IPA's at the AFI.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:38 PM   #25473
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Alita Battle Angel - 8/10

Great Movie, I'm a bit surprised it didn't do so well domestically at only $85 million.... I wonder if will see a sequel to see how the story plays out.
Many people in this forum who love the movie waited to see it for the first time at home. You should ask them.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:53 PM   #25474
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Unforgiven - 5 out of 10 - this one did not age well at all IMO. I like Tombstone A LOT better.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:10 AM   #25475
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

After Midnight

this was a fun horror anthology from the late 80's

7/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:13 AM   #25476
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
The House On Haunted Hill (1959) (9/10) - A dusty classic I've probably seen a dozen times on the boob or on DVD - But last night I saw it on the big screen, hosted by my boyhood, Horror-Movie-Creature-Feature-Host, Count Gor De Vol. 2 points extra for the experience & cold Draft IPA's at the AFI.

Getting ready for Halloween? I know I am and it's only mid August.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:17 AM   #25477
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Avengers: End Game
It's a great popcorn flick but I never really cared for these characters so despite seeing every movie up to this point, the end montage was lost on me. I'm so glad it's over. Disney better start over with something fresh. They won't change though, it will be the same thing over and over until the people watching them change.
7/10
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:18 AM   #25478
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Getting ready for Halloween? I know I am and it's only mid August.
Starting to think about it. When my kids were little I/we used to go all out on the front yard. I made tombstoned from sheets of foam-insulation, set up ghouls & ghosts from my Death Studios' masks, just did a bunch of stuff. But, as they grew up & bacame less interested, I toned back because it was only me cleaning up late night & early the next morning. But .... I'm thinking of bringing it back this Halloween. For myself. & yes, watching the old stuff & their often beautiful atmospheric graveyard settings, has started that itch again. How bout you? Do you set up a haunt?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:38 AM   #25479
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Starting to think about it. When my kids were little I/we used to go all out on the front yard. I made tombstoned from sheets of foam-insulation, set up ghouls & ghosts from my Death Studios' masks, just did a bunch of stuff. But, as they grew up & bacame less interested, I toned back because it was only me cleaning up late night & early the next morning. But .... I'm thinking of bringing it back this Halloween. For myself. & yes, watching the old stuff & their often beautiful atmospheric graveyard settings, has started that itch again. How bout you? Do you set up a haunt?
you should do it, even if its just for your own enjoyment there is nothing wrong with that, if it makes you happy its worth it

I've begun contemplating what Halloween horror marathons to do this year...im definitely thinking a hellraiser marathon will be on the list as i've never marathoned those movies
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:47 AM   #25480
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Many people in this forum who love the movie waited to see it for the first time at home. You should ask them.
I saw it in cinema and bought the blu ray and an art book so doing what I can to support it.

----------

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - 9/10 - I really didn't know how to feel watching this movie. It sort of goes along and has an odd feel, but some amazing acting and the climax is absolutely bonkers. I think a lot of people will check out because of slower pace, but for me it stuck with me for days after seeing it as felt different.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote