Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-19-2019, 11:13 AM   #25481
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
you should do it, even if its just for your own enjoyment there is nothing wrong with that, if it makes you happy its worth it

I've begun contemplating what Halloween horror marathons to do this year...im definitely thinking a hellraiser marathon will be on the list as i've never marathoned those movies

Years ago on this site, I started a Halloween Movie Recomendation thread that ultimately kicked a$$. Dozens of us threw out horror movie ideas & I was surprised at how many classics the thread introduced me to. I'll see if I can find it. It's been ages. A Hellraiser marathon sounds perfect.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:37 AM   #25482
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Starting to think about it. When my kids were little I/we used to go all out on the front yard. I made tombstoned from sheets of foam-insulation, set up ghouls & ghosts from my Death Studios' masks, just did a bunch of stuff. But, as they grew up & bacame less interested, I toned back because it was only me cleaning up late night & early the next morning. But .... I'm thinking of bringing it back this Halloween. For myself. & yes, watching the old stuff & their often beautiful atmospheric graveyard settings, has started that itch again. How bout you? Do you set up a haunt?
Yep. I mainly do lights all over the place. I have the orange lights ready to go in the garage but my wife won't let me do anything until "at least September for Pete's sake"
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:39 AM   #25483
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
[/B]

Years ago on this site, I started a Halloween Movie Recomendation thread that ultimately kicked a$$. Dozens of us threw out horror movie ideas & I was surprised at how many classics the thread introduced me to. I'll see if I can find it. It's been ages. A Hellraiser marathon sounds perfect.
thread resurrection time! id be interested to see the recommendations in that thread, im going to do my best to actually watch at least one horror movie a day in october!
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:39 AM   #25484
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I saw it in cinema and bought the blu ray and an art book so doing what I can to support it.

----------

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - 9/10 - I really didn't know how to feel watching this movie. It sort of goes along and has an odd feel, but some amazing acting and the climax is absolutely bonkers. I think a lot of people will check out because of slower pace, but for me it stuck with me for days after seeing it as felt different.

Completely agree.
& I've never had a Tarantino movie stay with me like this one. He semi-dialed back w/ lots of scenes of the main characters just sort of living life, which I really enjoyed. That ending blew my mind. I fed my dog when I got home & really looked at the can.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:51 AM   #25485
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Yep. I mainly do lights all over the place. I have the orange lights ready to go in the garage but my wife won't let me do anything until "at least September for Pete's sake"
[IMG][/IMG]

This is a small example of what I do.

I do monsters etc... I just never feel comfortable leaving my stuff out after I go to bed, so I end up taking most of it down late on Halloween. Still, I use a lot of flood lights, stakes in the ground, etc.... It's a bit%^ to take down.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:53 AM   #25486
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
thread resurrection time! id be interested to see the recommendations in that thread, im going to do my best to actually watch at least one horror movie a day in october!
Here it is. Lot's of good stuff here -
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...ecommendations
Old 08-19-2019, 01:26 PM   #25487
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
I just read through the entire thread lol I can think of quite a few movies that were not mentioned that I would recommend

is it against the rules to bring the thread back to life?

your halloween yard looks great btw
Old 08-20-2019, 12:32 PM   #25488
gates70
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Unforgiven - 5 out of 10 - this one did not age well at all IMO. I like Tombstone A LOT better.
What does one movie have to do with the other except to both be Westerns?
gates70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 01:44 PM   #25489
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
thanks for digging that up. Hope we can get it resurrected.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:41 AM   #25490
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Shazam (3D)

8.5/10

the 3D sucked, but the movie was much better than I thought it would be, I really enjoyed it quite a bit