Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 10-10-2019, 12:34 PM   #11
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Almost certainly the case, but I still find it an enjoyable conversation. I'm very open to the possibility, but haven't experienced anything even slightly supernatural, but I have friends that I trust who've had odd experiences.

For example, my father-in-law is the most practical person that I've ever known. He doesn't believe in anything that he can't see, touch, or for which there's scientific evidence. But, he never felt comfortable in the first house he shared with my mother-in-law. Eventually, they sold the house, and while moving out, he was carrying a small TV across the living room when he was violently shoved from behind. My mother-in-law was upstairs at the time, and no one else was in the house.
Yeah me too.. my friend goes to all kinds of haunted places and swears she has stuffed tap and felt something touch her.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:36 PM   #12
Mister H
Gen 13

No ghosts, but when I was a kid I used to think my great grandmother H was a witch. Of course she wasn't but she was a big smart @$$ and took advantage of my fears. She put a piece of dry ice in a mixing bowl of water once when she knew I was coming over to visit and made sure she was waving her hand over it when I walked in the room.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:39 PM   #13
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
No ghosts, but when I was a kid I used to think my great grandmother H was a witch. Of course she wasn't but she was a big smart @$$ and took advantage of my fears. She put a piece of dry ice in a mixing bowl of water once when she knew I was coming over to visit and made sure she was waving her hand over it when I walked in the room.
She sounds awesome.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:46 PM   #14
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
She sounds awesome.
She was. I never heard her speak a word of English, she only spoke Norwegian. I got my sense of humor from her side, along with my height.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:32 PM   #15
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post

My own take is that ghosts and demons are the same. The occultist Manly P Hall claimed that ghosts were elemental spirits who mimicked the living.
Bingo. I agree 100%.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:37 PM   #16
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Nope, not real lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Strongly agreed. Human brain is capable of a lot of false perceptions.

I strongly disagree. I assure you I'm sane and I have seen a demon. I also know other sane people that have seen demons as well. Trust me if you see one you will know it wasn't a false perception. I can tell you stories that would leave you in shock.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:40 PM   #17
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I strongly disagree. I assure you I'm sane and I have seen a demon. I also know other sane people that have seen demons as well. Trust me if you see one you will know it wasn't a false perception. I can tell you stories that would leave you in shock.
The precise purpose of this thread! I've got my popcorn and ready to listen.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:51 PM   #18
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
The precise purpose of this thread! I've got my popcorn and ready to listen.

One that pops into my mind is one Sunday at church they had a guest speaker. He started saying very non-Christian things. Before you know it he was speaking in a tongue and voice that nobody could understand. It was an evil sounding voice and the language was scary as hell. Once it was obvious what was happening the Pastor and other church elders started praying. The demon possessed man kept talking but appeared to be in pain. Started making crazy sounds. He started walking down the aisle between the pews. Looked like he was trying to leave. So some people in the back locked the doors so he couldn't leave. Then he got angry and started saying more crazy stuff in that demonic language. Then he fell backwards but didn't hit the floor. He was suspended in mid air. He then proceeded to quickly float from the back of the church to the front. They grabbed him and started praying more. After a few minutes more of prayer and the demon left him. It's easy to write it off as a lie or that I imagined the whole thing. But this happened in front of at least 50 people. Impossible that we all imagined that. I have plenty of other stories too.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:06 PM   #19
Asgard
Deadman

Yesterday morning, dark and rainy, I drive to work. I drive this road every day.
Then suddenly the thought comes to me that there is a fox on the road behind the next corner. I drive slower and there is the fox.
I drive slower because it has happened to me from time to time.
....... maybe it's just coincidence
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:23 PM   #20
Frankierock
Omega Red

I actually saw one 3 years ago. It was actually my Dog..so after a long battle with ongoing issues we had to put down my dog. Nothing weird about that. I was extremely upset that I had lost her. Anyway about 2 days pass and I feel like I am having this weird dream, yet I’m kinda still awake. My dog crawls up to me and licks me and actually says goodbye to me. Not with moving lips or anything but I could clearly hear this. She starts walking away and I try and grab her by the tail, but I feel like her tail is shorter or missing ,something is wrong.. She turns and again I clearly hear you can’t come with me this time I’m sorry, I love you,. And poof she’s gone.
So next day I tell my wife about the “dream” I tell her it couldn’t be real because when I reached out for her tail it was gone..and my dog had a long curly tail tons of hair...my wife turns to me looking a little white and tells me that the morning we had to put her down she shaved the dogs tail because she was dirty from going to the bathroom all over herself. And it looked like a rat tail..more that half the size it was before, which I never knew about.
Strange yes..ghost.??? Maybe.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote