Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-14-2019, 05:11 PM   #591
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
The math or my smurf fetish? 19" x 4 = 76" or 6'4. Also, I think the heels almost get canceled out by her pose since her leg is not fully straight, so XM has her at nearly 6'4. The more Mystique, the better. I bet she smells like smurf berries. Alright, I'll stop creeping on this statue now.
Hey, whatever floats your boat. Let your berry flag fly.

Yeah, I remember seeing that SS and XM comparison on FB...pretty crazy. Either one is way oversized, one is way undersized, or they're both off. I'm thinking the latter probably.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:24 PM   #592
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxgod View Post
i dont see anything in the photo that looks off, just bigger.
I have no complaints about bigger.
And believe me, X23 has a very notable scale diffence, shes clearly smaller then most SS and XM statues.
I just dont have any problem with it.
I own all the statues were talking about so I know how they look next to each. For some collectors it's not going to be a problem for others it's an issue, if the shelf was just full of various Mystique statues then it would be a non-issue but since it's a team shelf the larger size becomes an issue, at least for me.. If it was just off a little I wouldn't care but this is more then a little.

I just measured Mystique using a cloth tape measure, she's 19 3/4" tall (not including the base) which translates to roughly 6'6" (that's from the bottom of her boot to the top of her head). Even if you remove the shoes your still looking at around 6'-3" tall when she's suppose to be 5'-10", that's a 5" bust. The statue should only be around 17 1/2" tall (not including the base). That's a pretty big bust by the sculptor and XM should of caught it before it went into production.

Bottom Line: They advertised it as a 1/4 scale statue and that's what we should of gotten.

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:29 PM   #593
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
X23 has a very notable scale diffence, shes clearly smaller then most SS and XM statues.
x-23 is 5' 1" in the comics so i would say it would be strange if she wasnt smaller than other characters
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:51 PM   #594
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
x-23 is 5' 1" in the comics so i would say it would be strange if she wasnt smaller than other characters
Yeah it amazes me how people still don't get that. She's literally shorter, more petite and younger than all the rest of the X-females (with the exception of Jubilee).
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:51 PM   #595
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I like scale consistency too...XM looks much better than SS's imo but if she's She-Hulk sized dwarfing male characters I might just wait on another.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 06:07 PM   #596
Foxgod
Justice League

So none of you would ever buy a prime1 1/3 statue?
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 06:25 PM   #597
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
i own a few but i wouldnt mix them in with 1/4 scale pieces and pretend they go together. this doesnt look 1/3 scale either, more like 1/3.5
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 06:31 PM   #598
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Yep, I have some 1/3 P1 Batman characters and some 1/4 SS Batman. I guess it's OCD but I like scales to go together. Like Sonic said this is kind of awkwardly in the middle so it would be too small for 1/3 definitely and too big for 1/4 although I guess you could work it in better with 1/4 but it'd still look off.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 06:56 PM   #599
Foxgod
Justice League

well, ok. i got 1/4. 1/6 and comiquettes in my collection, the differences in size dont bother me.
As long as the statue looks good and everything is in proportion.
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 07:00 PM   #600
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I own four 1/3 scale Prime 1 pieces and one 1/3 scale Iron Studios piece. And all of the 1/3 scale pieces are displayed together, not with statues of smaller scales.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote