Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:27 PM   #82
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:46 AM   #83
Python
Omega Red

I really can appreciate individual parts of this one. But as a whole it just isn't winning me over. I think I'll grab one of the Big chaps and wait to see what the next warrior is that comes along. Or if this grows on me....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 03:39 PM   #84
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

It’s a head scratcher why they chose to do this base like this. Dog base is nice and subtle. Big chap (not museum pose) nice and subtle. And then there’s this busy a$$ base. Looks like “let’s cram everything on this base related to Alien, it’s cool”. The base is too small for all that’s going on. It needs spacing with the big a$$ egg because it looks attached to its leg. The back is the same color as the alien and looks blended in with it.

I think the busy base works well with the Anime pieces, but this looks a little amateurish in the decision making. Such a shame. If you display all three (dog, bc and this) together this looks out of place badly. Hopefully they make the egg and back piece separate, to make everyone happy. That would be easy to do.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 03:57 PM   #85
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
It’s a head scratcher why they chose to do this base like this. Dog base is nice and subtle. Big chap (not museum pose) nice and subtle. And then there’s this busy a$$ base. Looks like “let’s cram everything on this base related to Alien, it’s cool”. The base is too small for all that’s going on. It needs spacing with the big a$$ egg because it looks attached to its leg. The back is the same color as the alien and looks blended in with it.

I think the busy base works well with the Anime pieces, but this looks a little amateurish in the decision making. Such a shame. If you display all three (dog, bc and this) together this looks out of place badly. Hopefully they make the egg and back piece separate, to make everyone happy. That would be easy to do.
Making it customise able as You suggest, would be a nice treat. The egg after all looks like an Deluxe part anyway, but so said, I love it to bits.

But saying that the figure itself is blending too much with the hive background, is like neglecting the nature of this creature, as "they come out of the god damn walls!" I´m pretty sure, the final statue will still give the actual character, the Xenomorph it´s own presence. Again, I wait for proper pictures to proof my point as right or be proven wrong. Let´s see.
Themanwholaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 06:27 PM   #86
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwholaughs View Post
Making it customise able as You suggest, would be a nice treat. The egg after all looks like an Deluxe part anyway, but so said, I love it to bits.

But saying that the figure itself is blending too much with the hive background, is like neglecting the nature of this creature, as "they come out of the god damn walls!" I´m pretty sure, the final statue will still give the actual character, the Xenomorph it´s own presence. Again, I wait for proper pictures to proof my point as right or be proven wrong. Let´s see.
Yes of course it all makes sense in the aspect of Alien. That’s a no brainer. As I have stated, it’s just too crammed. It looks like too many separate pieces jammed in for the sake of Alien. Therefore, unnecessary. There isn’t a nice flow of things. If it were spaced out then it would look way better.

The warrior itself is awesome. Especially the paint work. The pose they chose is fine as well. The three displayed will look off because of this base imo. Why not just follow suit with consistent similar bases like the others. I personally think that makes most sense. But that’s just me and it seems like everyone else is all good with it.
Old 10-19-2019, 06:54 PM   #87
Vader
Ghost

i love the base. the movie had that looked. it was crammed. works for the display.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 06:55 PM   #88
Vader
Ghost

if anything, it should have been bigger with the doors of the facility showing.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:15 PM   #89
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
i love the base. the movie had that looked. it was crammed. works for the display.
Of course you would say something stupid like that, BAKA
Old 10-19-2019, 09:39 PM   #90
Vader
Ghost

Different strokes my friend.