Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-31-2019, 08:49 AM   #3291
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ten View Post
What's the chances of them doing yet another variant with the psyblade switchout instead of the katanna, just to appease everyone? Wishful thinking I'm sure.
I don't think Sideshow has ever used the exclusive pieces on variants. Probably because they are"exclusive" to that edition.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:56 AM   #3292
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
I have no skin in the game, but I find it sadly amusing how so many voices are being heard in protest on Sideshow's "sneaky" way of releasing this low edition of the original portrait. All I heard was the vicious critiques regarding the 1st portrait, with many jumping on the mob bandwagon, gleefully vilifying SS, which has become a disturbing trend bordering on the psychotic.

Sadly, vindictive loudmouths have sway on these forums, unless many more speak-up, the trend will continue.
There were a lot of us that actually loved the initial portrait. And I think that came across in the end, loudly, when they cut it from the first edition.

I agree with everyone that is shocked by the 150 ES. I think they should have done atleast 300. But I am sure there is a reason for it. Maybe that is all that Marvel approved. Maybe that is the amount of pieces China could get out of existing molds. Maybe that is the amount of extra casts China had sitting around. Who knows. People are so ready to jump on Sideshow, blame them. But they aren't the only company involved.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:22 AM   #3293
chronos1919
Nightwing

It sucks to miss out but at least these small runs feel like collectibles. Better than the 3000+ edition sizes that sit around forever and don't hold their value.

I missed out on Thanos on throne but I'm not unhappy that it exists or that it has a low edition size.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:22 AM   #3294
chronos1919
Nightwing

Duplicate post.

Though one difference with this particular statue is the inferior headsculpt on the original PF. I can see how that would frustrate.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:27 AM   #3295
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
There were a lot of us that actually loved the initial portrait. And I think that came across in the end, loudly, when they cut it from the first edition.

I agree with everyone that is shocked by the 150 ES. I think they should have done atleast 300. But I am sure there is a reason for it. Maybe that is all that Marvel approved. Maybe that is the amount of pieces China could get out of existing molds. Maybe that is the amount of extra casts China had sitting around. Who knows. People are so ready to jump on Sideshow, blame them. But they aren't the only company involved.
There may have been a lot of support for the initial portrait, but those voices were too few, not loud enough, or were drowned out by the vicious attacks by many. Not only was the portrait attacked, but social communities were trashed as well. In fact, the attacks were so over the top, that SS actual changed a portrait of a pending statue release! I don't recall them ever doing that, and hope they never do it again.

There is a real reason why SS Alex does not answer questions anymore.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:28 AM   #3296
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

I figured they would do this for halloween event, but missed out since I actually loved this head from the start. oh well grats to those who got it.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:28 AM   #3297
Nebulhym
The X-Men

What a low blow from Greedshow!

This variant has the gorgeous portrait. It's a beautiful statue but come on, we can only feel bad for those who ponied up for the "regular" editions with the ugly portrait.

It's not the problem of doing variants, a lot of companies do them, but this, this is despicable.

Just when you think Greedshow can't do worse than what they are already doing, boom they always find ways to surprise the community!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:33 AM   #3298
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post

This variant has the gorgeous portrait. It's a beautiful statue but come on, we can only feel bad for those who ponied up for the "regular" editions with the ugly portrait.

It's not the problem of doing variants, a lot of companies do them, but this, this is despicable.

Just when you think Greedshow can't do worse than what they are already doing, boom they always find ways to surprise the community!
Your posts read like Trump's Twitter feed. I've honestly never considered blocking another user until now.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:42 AM   #3299
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Your posts read like Trump's Twitter feed. I've honestly never considered blocking another user until now.
The only thing I can answer to such a useless reply is this: PLEASE IGNORE ME!

But maybe you should think about what I actually wrote. I understand that the truth hurts but why would you be so defensive, so sensitive?

Or maybe you just typed this from your cubicle at Sideshow.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:45 AM   #3300
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post

This is nothing new and is expected during this event and most of us know this. I'm sorry you feel this way.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote