Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-08-2019, 01:30 PM   #901
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I only wish XM used the silky cloth like P1.
I really like that stuff. Much better than the crinkly paper that gets torn easily.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:32 PM   #902
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

XM packaging is the stuff of legend. My first purchase from them was Ghost Rider. I can say THAT unboxing was a completely different experience than other statue companies. It took me forever to unbox GR (which is a Rolls Royce of a statue) because I wanted to savor every second. Man, what an unboxing that was.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:42 PM   #903
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

This really is a great piece. If XM Hulk Transformation didn't exist I would have ordered this.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:55 AM   #904
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I hate unboxing my statues, no matter what the packaging is. I hate even more putting the statues back in the box. I really do not like SS styrofoam casket. It can be a b!tch putting the pieces back in. Also, I never had the pleasure of unboxing a XM statue but have bought customs that mimic XM style packaging. Stupid CBSA cut the strapping on one of mine.

Anyways, I do agree SS needs to step up with the packaging. But, I do not care about artbox. Said before and will say it again
Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I really don't care about an art box. I just wish they would package statues like XM does. A solid box, reinforced corners, quality Styrofoam and the box has a lid. The Velcro straps is just icing on the cake. The top loading box SS does is annoying and difficult to slide out the Styrofoam. I've only had one XM piece and I'm already spoiled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMEsquire44 View Post
I have my First Two XM pieces on order, Mystique & White Suit Magneto and I'm Really looking forward to the experience!
Since SS’s styrofoam has “handles” nowadays it’s gotten easier to pull the styrofoam out of the cardboard box.

But XM has the superior packaging through and through. I’m waiting on I think my 5th XM piece?

Packaging might not matter to some, you do toss it aside once the statue is assembled, but unboxing an XM is SOOOO much better than SS because it’s so much easier. No tape. No small compartments. Typically 2 trays and Velcro in a sturdier box. I’ve said before, unboxing an XM and then going back to unboxing a SS is a drag. And putting the parts back in an XM is so much easier. Psylocke’s base with all those foam pieces was a ***** to get back in. XM wouldn’t have done it like that.

Anyway, Hulk looks great. I don’t recall what that creature is called although I remember the issue it was in. I keep wanting to call it a spiderpus but the spiderpus was in X-Men Legacy not Hulk.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:45 PM   #905
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post

I have no issue with people speaking their piece on a subject and moving on. It's when they aggressively re-state their opinion ad-nauseum, like its a holy crusade, and sling insults at anyone with a differing opinion, telling them that they're "stupid," "wrong," and/or "brain-washed."
Welcome to America Son

Sideshow really did knock this one out of the park. I just seen the unboxing video again and this thing is probably their best piece I seen since Thanos.
Really wish it would have been $1200. Would have been an instant order for me, but close to extra $200 plus shipping then taxes slows me down.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #906
Tarksis
Justice League

Gladiator Hulks page has been updated to November delivery, down from Nov-Dec. Soon boys....soon
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:13 PM   #907
NSHStatue&Soles
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarksis View Post
Gladiator Hulks page has been updated to November delivery, down from Nov-Dec. Soon boys....soon
Nice! I think the Juggs officially came into stock about 3 weeks after the "Out of the Box" vid was released on YouTube. If this is consistent I would say we have a little over 2 weeks left before he starts shipping.

Cable should be in stock any day now by this same measure IF there is a relation.
NSHStatue&Soles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:40 PM   #908
Biggunz
Loki

At this point I’m thinking this might even be better than Thanos
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:09 PM   #909
chronos1919
Nightwing

So tempting... but so expensive.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:00 PM   #910
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHStatue&Soles View Post
Nice! I think the Juggs officially came into stock about 3 weeks after the "Out of the Box" vid was released on YouTube. If this is consistent I would say we have a little over 2 weeks left before he starts shipping.

Cable should be in stock any day now by this same measure IF there is a relation.
This is what I was thinking also.
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote