Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-10-2019, 10:00 AM   #451
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleDonut View Post
Wonder if it's the same factory that did Manhunter? While the body came in one piece, parts of the arms are glued in and it's not a seamless presentation.
That’s what’s the OG Facebook poster said - the seams are not cosmetic, but actually where the arms were glued on. Now more people are talking like Built and I were the entire time - this is not a cosmetic change, but a factory misstep.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 02:18 PM   #452
French Cancan
Deadman

THE ADVICE OF EFFIE

Hi, Effie! A lot of people want to know your opinion about what is already called the Seamgate. So, if you don't mind... Thank you!

-Kof Kof Kof!

-If you can sew with a cutter, then it’s a perfect seam.

- Kof Kof Oh thank you Effie Kof Kof! Pretty sure your advice will be appreciated Kof Kof!! Cheers!
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:56 PM   #453
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleDonut View Post
Wonder if it's the same factory that did Manhunter? While the body came in one piece, parts of the arms are glued in and it's not a seamless presentation.
I just checked out my Martian Manhunter statue and even though there is a seam on both his arms, I did not notice it until I just looked right now.

The 2nd pic that Cessna posted does look one hundred times better than the first one. I do hope I do not get the statue where the arms were glued on the wrong side.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #454
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Although several TH statues have arm seams they have been carefully hidden within the costume or with added tailoring details. It appears that was not done here with Catwoman. At least from the 2 pictures we have so far. Here are pictures of other TH statues and the arm seams are covered up (hidden) in some fashion.

Subby1938 photos

I'm still going to love this Catwoman because she looks great and I will hardly ever get close enough to see what appears to be gaps in the normal viewing range. I'm just wondering what happened with this one. I figure it was a factory issue and nothing Chad had planned.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:47 AM   #455
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I'm still going to love this Catwoman because she looks great and I will hardly ever get close enough to see what appears to be gaps in the normal viewing range. I'm just wondering what happened with this one. I figure it was a factory issue and nothing Chad had planned.
That was my impression as soon as I saw the first pics. There was never any way this was intentional. The whole "fabric seam" thing was just silly.

I really do feel sorry for Chad - these factories really do seem to be screwing him. I don't know how Superman happened or how this happened. Do they show him a "production proto" and then produce something different? It's like this line is cursed.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:49 PM   #456
built2shred
Phoenix

To be fair the issues for this line have been rather minimal, superman being the biggest. I know some received broken portraits and what not but that happens with pretty much all companies, carriers drop packages/rough them up...

We saw pictures of the unpainted Catwoman and they did show the seams so I find it hard to believe Chad didn't know about it. I think the real issue is the pictures used for the pre-order showed no seams, was the prototype that way or did Chad photoshop the seams out to make the statue look better for pre-orders? I don't know.

As annoyed as I am when companies do this, it's not a deal-breaker as the rest of the statue looks amazing. That said I will take the approach of wait and see, no more pre-orders. That way I know exactly what I'm getting.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:23 PM   #457
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
To be fair the issues for this line have been rather minimal, superman being the biggest. I know some received broken portraits and what not but that happens with pretty much all companies, carriers drop packages/rough them up...
I do agree - at least, for me. I was mainly thinking of the WW neck seam, the Batman EX-not-an-EX controversy, Superman, and now this. I just know it's going to be another headache and am a bit concerned since Chad just came back from the edge after getting ripped about Batman (even though it sounded like his Batman issue was with Sideshow shipping first, which will probably always happen).
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:55 PM   #458
Demona
Martian Manhunter

well, mine has been paid off and I assume shipping soon. Soon enough I shall see how good/bad the seams on mine are. Fingers crossed sooo good.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:13 PM   #459
MapleDonut
Justice League

Unboxed mine tonight.

PROS: It's a really beautiful statue, notably quite a bit taller when beside Batman. The paint applications are simply excellent; totally flawless and the colours are appropriately muted a bit so you get the pop but it's not cartoony at all. Be very careful inserting her into the base -- take your time and try to put both in at the same time to avoid scraping the base with the straight leg. Once she's in, she's rock solid. The base itself is super nice (the lion head looks great) and the jewel bag is exceptionally well done. Just a spectacular base.

CONS: The attachment joints at the arms are, yeah, disappointing. One is far more flush than the other. It's not going to kill your enjoyment of the statue but it looks crappy when you focus on it and it does break up the flow of the statue. They look crude. I wish they had stuck with the design in the promotional image.

FUTURE CONCERNS: I sincerely hope this is not indicative of a general direction Tweeterhead is going in with future releases.
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:01 PM   #460
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Thanks for your review Maple Donut

I guess it would really depend on how you would position the statue to see if you would only see one arm in the seam or both arms and the seams
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote